ADVANCES OF LASER TREATMENT IN INDIA
What is LASER treatment?
The word 'Laser' means Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation. When a high-intensity light falls with high energy focus on a small spot it becomes Laser. The laser is effective for treating skin problems like wrinkles, removing of an unwanted tattoo, removing scar and stretch marks. Since several decades skin treatment has been done by Laser. But as years goes by there is constant advances being made in Skin treatment by Laser which help to improve efficiency and safety.
What are the advancement of LASER treatment in India?
The latest advancement in Laser treatment in India is Fractional Laser Treatment. It is getting popular day by day as recovery time is reduced and significant clinical outcomes have increased. India has become a hub for Laser treatment. Some places in India like Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad are using latest technologies in skin treatment. In Bangalore you can find skin specialist in koramangala,JayaNagar, and other areas. skin specialist in marathalli has also evolved in skin department and have enough clinics in its area.Fractional laser is a very popular treatment for skin in Mumbai. Navi Mumbai and Thane are two suburbs in Mumbai where skin treatment is done at an affordable cost. Navi Mumbai is basically a planned city with a lot of Industries. According to Skin Specialist in Navi Mumbai , the main reason behind skin problem is pollution from these Industries. Due to this air pollution, skin diseases like acne and psoriasis are dominant in this region.
Thane is an immediate neighbor of Mumbai and falls in Mumbai Metropolitan Region. It is located very close to the sea, so the place remains hot and humid. Due to this sultry weather condition, skin diseases are increasing day by day.Skin specialist in Thane suggests that one should drink a lot of water to avoid skin related diseases. Fraction treatment can solve all these skin problems. So, now let us discuss what are various fractional treatment done by a skin specialist in Mumbai.
The following are various techniques of fraction treatment followed in Mumbai:
- Fractional CO2 laser and Fractional / Pixel Er: YAG lasers
- i-Pixel Laser
- Fractional Er: Glass laser
- Pixel Q-Switched Nd: YAG laser
Now let us discuss each treatment in details: -
What are the types of treatment?
Fractional CO2 laser and Fractional / Pixel Er: YAG lasers: It is basically used to cure scars, stretch marks, fine lines and age spots in a small span of time.
i-Pixel Laser: It has emerged as the Latest technology in India. It has 7 times more penetration level than pixel laser. I-pixel laser is precise and safe and can be applied on the face. It produces better texture, pigmentation of skin and requires less down time.
Pixel Q-Switched Nd: YAG laser: It is the latest technology which is widely used by a skin specialist in India. In zero downtime, it can produce skin tightening
The cost of LASER treatment in Mumbai is quite affordable although it is quite high compared to other states in India. Skin treatment cost in Andheri is reasonable and ranges from Rs 2000 to Rs 7000. Whereas skin treatment cost in Kalyan and skin treatment cost in Kharghar is lower. It ranges from Rs 2000 to Rs 4000.
There is another technique which is known as LLLT(low-level light therapy)
What is LLLT?
LLLT is the abbreviation for low - level laser therapy (also called as low - level light therapy). This therapy utilizes laser or light energy below a particular threshold and specific wavelength emerging from a laser or LED devices. These machines produce no heat (thus also referred as cold lasers) and lasers/light get absorbed by the targeted tissue. This process is completely safe for the skin.
Theory behind LLLT
The cycle of hair growth comprises of three phases viz. anagen phase (growth phase), telogen phase (resting) and catagen phase (shedding phase). Hair loss during androgenic alopecia is due to testosterone derivative namely dihydrotestosterone (DTH). Low-level laser therapy upturn flow of blood in the scalp, thus stimulating growth and resting phase.
- The photons emitted by laser light get on cytochrome c oxidase which leads to the production of ATP (adenosine triphosphate). ATP release energy and it stimulates metabolic processes vital for hair growth.
- LLLT treatment drive cells to release nitric oxide which helps scalp to get nutrient distribution and transfer of oxygen to hair roots.
- It also prevents excessive production of DHT (Dihydrotestosterone).
Is LLLT the right treatment for you?
According to medical experts, LLLT should be preferred for treating androgenic alopecia-inherited female and male pattern hair loss. It is also certified by FDA that laser comb is most effective in second to fifth class of androgenic alopecia.
It has also been found by medical experts that LLLT is most effective for those people who suffer hair loss at minimal to a moderate level and it is not much effective for people suffering from major hair loss.
Sessions required for LLLT
If you want to know how much time it will require for the whole session of LLLT, it goes like this.
- Laser therapy is delivered by professionals either at salon, clinic or at home.
- It is recommended to have three to four weekly treatments and 10 to 20 minutes exposure of scalp under a head cap, handheld comb or bonnets which consist of light emitting diodes.
- In initial phases, probably you have to go for two to three sessions per week but after three months of session, it can be minimized to one session per week.
- Overall it is recommended to go for at least 60 to 65 sessions for one entire year.
Are you in the right age and condition for LLLT?
Since it is a non-surgical procedure and with a minimum side effect, it can be started at any age, i.e. it can get started right when your hair starts falling at a certain rate. But one thing which you should keep in mind that this technique is effective only when you have hair loss history of 5 to 6 year if it is beyond that LLLT is not suitable for you. So it is recommended to have an initial consultation before moving for this technique.
Result of LLLT
There are several aspects contributing to its result like the level of hair loss, the time span for hair loss, proficiency of doctor etc. But the usually visible result is that reduction in hair loss starts from second to the third week after 6 to 7 treatments. After undergoing treatment for 14 to 15 weeks, the patient often reports new hair growth which goes on improving in later stages.
Generally, whole treatment is divided in three phase's viz. phase 1, phase 2 and phase 3 which is spread for 26 weeks and 52 sessions
Although price depends upon several factors like location, proficiency of doctor and level of baldness of patient. But on an average, it starts from nearly Rs 3000.00 per week.
- NON-INVASIVE AND PAINLESS: LLLT is a non-invasive method and hence completely free from any use of a scalpel. And if you are ignoring any surgical methods, this one is one of the best technique for you.
- NO MEDICATION: There is absolutely no requirement for any kind of medication, and if you are avoiding any kind of medication, this technique will suit you.
- NO SIDE-EFFECTS: Generally, no adverse side effect has been reported by the patient.
- RESULT VARIES: The result for laser therapy varies largely on the skill of doctor and condition of hair follicles.
- NUMBER OF SESSIONS: Patient often has to visit a doctor for at least 2 to 3 times per week. So, it is quite hectic for the patient if they have a busy schedule.
Low-level laser therapy is a good option for you if you are avoiding any surgical method and any kind of medication. Since it is non-surgical method it is completely painless and non-invasive method. It is selected for treating both male and female baldness and it does not have any side-effect. Therefore, it is completely safe and moreover, it can be done for any age person as oppose to FUE or FUT. LLLT give more effect when it is combined with other treatments. It is especially more useful for women who cannot afford to shave their hair for sake of FUE and FUT techniques.