EYE CANCER TREATMENT IN INDIA
We all agree that eyes are not only one of the most important vital organs but are also important in the appearance of an individual as having beautiful eyes helps with our confidence. Maintainig health of our eyes is hence very essential but it has been more and more difficult due to the pollution and malnutrtion. Number of Eye cancer cases has been growing over the years and I would like to provide you with all the information regarding eye cancer.Read on to find more about Eye cancer and Eye Cancer Treatment In India
What is Eye Cancer ?
Eye cancer means an abnormal growth of the cell in and around an eye. It occurs when cells grow to form a tumor, which means healthy cells form clusters. A tumour in due course of time may become cancerous. Tumours that from cancer is called malignant, which means it can spread to other parts of the body. So now let us discuss what are the different types of Eye Cancer occurs in human beings.
What are the statistics of Eye cancer in India?
Eye cancer cases are increasing day by day in India. Dr Suresh Advani says that Every year near about 10,000 new eye cancer treatment occurs in India. It is seen that nearly 70-80 % cases are for adults eye cancer and 30-20% cases are for children eye cancer. Near about 2000 children are treated with retinoblastoma every year in India. Some of Best Cancer Hospital in India for eye treatment are located in Chennai, Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune etc. Every year various International patients come to India for eye cancer treatment at affordable cost.Narayana Nethralaya is one of the best cancer hospital in Bangalore. It contains one of the biggest Laboratory medicine. Laboratory Medicine contains six services: Microbiology, Molecular diagnostics, Immunology, Biochemistry, Haematology and clinical Pathology. One of the Best Cancer Hospital in Delhi is Dr R P Center for Ophthalmic Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi. It has 300 bedded and provides 24*7 emergency service. It has 40 cabins for out-patients. Tata Memorial Hospital is considered as the best cancer hospital in Mumbai. India's 70 % of the cancer treatment occurs here Below are the list of best eye cancer hospitals in India.
What are list Top 10 eye cancer hospital in India?
- Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai Address:Old No 18 New No 41, College Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai - 600034
- L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad Address:Kallam Anji Reddy Campus, L V Prasad Marg, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad 500 034, Telangana, India
- Dr. R P Center for Ophthalmic Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi Address:All India Institute of Medical Sciences Campus, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi - 110029
- Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai Address:1, Anna Nagar, Madurai - 625 020, Tamilnadu, India
- Narayana Nethralaya, Bangalore Address: RAJAJI NAGAR, #121/C Chord Road, 1st 'R' Block, Rajaji Nagar, Bangalore -560 010 - INDIA
- Aravind Eye Hospital, Coimbatore Address:Avinashi Road, Coimbatore - 641 014, Tamilnadu, India
- Dr. Shroff's Eye Hospital, Delhi Address:5027, Kedarnath Road, Daryaganj, New Delhi-110002, India
- NethradhamaSuperspecialty Hospital, Bangalore Address:256/14, Kanakapura Main Road, 7th Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore-560 082.
- Vasan Eye Care, Chennai Address:No. 115/1, Kamaraj Avenue, 2nd Street, Adyar, Chennai - 600 020
- Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital, Mumbai Address:Plot No. 153, Road No. 9, Major Parmeshwaran Road, Opposite S.I.W.S. College Gate No. 3, Wadala, Mumbai 400 031. India.
What are the types of Eye Cancer?
There are mainly two types of Eye Cancer:-
- Primary intraocular cancers: - This type of cancer occurs inside the eyeball. In adults, the most common type of introcular cancer is melanoma which is followed by intraocular lymphoma. Retinoblastoma is the most common type of eye cancer in children. Medulloepithelioma also occurs in children but this is a very rare case of eye cancer.
- Secondary intraocular cancers: - It first occurs in some other body parts and then spreads to the eye. The cancer which spreads to the eye are generally lung cancer and breast cancer. Most of these cancers are called uvea.
Moreover, let me tell you about Intraocular melanoma and Medulloepithelioma. Intraocular melanoma (melanoma of the eye) Intracular melanoma mostly occurs in eyeball but it is a rare type of cancer. It generally occurs in the middle of three layers of the walls of the eyes. The outer layer of the eye is called sclera and the inner layer is called retina which contains optical nerves. In the middle layer of eye wall intraocular melanoma occurs, which is also known as uvea. There are various risk factors that lead to Intraocular melanoma. Below is the list of risk factors that leads to Intraocular melanoma. Following is the list of risk factors related to Intraocular melanoma
- Having fair complexion: Being fair means skin which does not contain melanin. It includes skin which burns and forms freckles. The person might have blue or green coloured eye.
- Age: Age becomes a deciding factor for intraocular melanoma. The risk of eye cancer increases with age.
Primary intraocular lymphoma Lymphocytes is a type of cancer which occurs in lymph nodes. It is a bean sized cluster present in an immune system, which is scattered throughout our body. It generally occurs in bone, breast and lung and very rarely in eyes. There are two types of lymphomas. Following are the two types of lymphomas:
- Hodgkin Cancer: The persons having Hodgkin disease is elder in age and is having immunity problems such as HIV-AIDS.
- Non-Hodgkin Cancer: Cancer: The person affected with this disease is having lymphocytes in the brain, which is known as CNS lymphocytes.
Now let's discuss about Eye Cancer Symptoms. Some of these factors you might not also believe!
What are the symptoms of Eye Cancer in India?
- Age: People in India at age of 50 years are often diagnosed with primary intraocular melanoma, but the average age of diagnosing the disorder is 55 years, it is very rare in children and people above the age of 70.
- Race: It is more commonly found in white people rather than black one. So it is not so common in India.
- It does not differentiate between men or women; it affects both of them equally.
- People suffering from intraocular disorder have no symptoms. Many times, an ophthalmologist finds it out during regular eye checkups. The most common symptom is a painless loss of vision.
- People with eye cancer may experience the following symptoms or signs. But many times people with eye cancer do not show any of these symptoms. Or, these symptoms may be caused by a medical condition that is not cancer.
- They have trouble seeing
- Losing of field vision
- Having a dark spot on the iris.
- Dark spots on iris
- Tears of blood
- Twinning of vision
- Shape and size of pupil is changed
- At the time of their vision light flashes in their eye,
If anyone is having any 6 of the following factors make it sure that you might be having eye cancer. So what should we do? Should we stay calm or panic? Below are the tips of what to do.
What should you do if you are having symptoms of Eye Cancer?
- Many of the doctors after taking some medical test diagnose cancer, and diagnose that it has spread to other parts of the body called metastasis. Some tests may also determine which treatments may be the most effective. For most types of cancer, a biopsy is the only way to make a definitive diagnosis of cancer. It is a common practice in India.
- Talking to the doctor if you observe more symptoms listed above is compulsory. Your doctor will ask how long and how often you've been experiencing the symptom, in addition to other questions. This is to help find out the cause of the problem.
- Doctors may also suggest another test to be sure of the diagnosis, the doctor may consider below factors while diagnosing: -
- Medical condition of the patient and its age
- Result of previous tests
As we all know "Prevention is better than cure". So, now the most important question arises- What are the preventive measures for eye cancer? Below are the list of preventive techniques of Eye Cancer. When you notice any of the above mentioned symptoms then you must immediately look for the best cancer treatment centre near you. If you reside in nd around Andhra Pradesh then you can look for best cancer hospital in Hyderabad which can provide you the required treatment. Cancer treatment in Hyderabad is considered to be one of the best in the country.
What are the Prevention of Eye Cancer?
- Wearing Sunglasses: If one wears polaroid sunglass chances of eye cancer reduce to 50%. If sunglass is wrapped around it is the best protection for eyes. Wearing sunglass reduces eye melanoma
- Avoid AIDS: There is no proper prevention of lymphocytes. If one can avoid deadly disease, AIDS lymphocytes can be prevented