Being pregnant is one of the best god’s gift provided to any women. When she eventually gets pregnant for the first time, she loves that experience - her first ultra sound, visiting the doctor frequently to know the exact position of the baby so that she can soothe it in utero. But giving birth to a child is a painful experience for all the mothers. The final push and feeling of the stomach crashes down just like balloon deflating; there are tears of joy when we saw the baby coming out. But after the joy of happiness; she even thinks of reducing her weight and get into shape again, get back her lost hair, as she was carrying it in the past.
But what about those ladies who cannot share such a happiness with their family or who cannot conceive. For them artificial insemination might be the solution.You need to do enough research on best fertily centres, In INDIA you can find best IVF centre in Mumbai. If you are not aware about Artificial-Insemination then keeping reading this article further.
What Is Artificial Insemination?
* Artificial insemination, also called as AI, it is a procedure that is used mainly to treat infertility, to treat infertility you need to find best fertility centres. In India, you can find best IVF centre in Bangalore where you will find modern techniques been used for IVF treatment with affordable cost.
* Artificial insemination is a treatment that helps some couples to have a baby. It involves directly inserting sperm into a woman’s womb. You need to be very careful in choosing the best clinic. In INDIA There are best IVF centre in Delhi.It has high professional doctors having expereince in this field.
* Sperm can originate from the woman's male partner, unless the male is infertile or there is no male partner (i.e. single woman or lesbian)
* The most commonly used method of artificial insemination, is IUI (Intrauterine Insemination), as it has the highest success rate. Other types of AI are:
1. IUTPI (Intrauterine tuboperitoneal insemination
2. ICI (Intracervical insemination)
3. ITI (Intratubal insemination)
Why is it used? Do you want to be one of them?
In many circumstances artificial insemination is beneficial to couples or individuals. For example a couple who cannot produce healthy sperm and eggs is not necessarily be able to have intercourse (maybe due to any medical condition). Some other scene where artificial insemination could be beneficial is listed below.
1) A woman who prefer to raise a single child - in this case she would request a sperm donor to insert it artificially 2) The woman can also suffer from Endometriosis – In this cells from the womb lining start to grow in places they should not grow in woman's reproductive system e.g. ovaries or fallopian tubes. This results in infertility 3) The female might have semen allergy - this is rare but still it can happen, due to certain proteins in the sperm the woman may suffer an allergic reaction when the sperm makes contact within. With IUI technique most of the proteins would be removed before the sperm is inserted 4) Male partner is unable to produce more enough sperm for successful fertilization. If man is impotent (erectile dysfunction) –he would not be able to perform any sexual intercourse 5) Male could also be infertile as a result of any medical treatment - some treatments carry infertility risk of e.g. radiotherapy. Before this treatment male partner is given chance to freeze some of his sperm 6) A couple can continue same sex relationship - two women who want to raise a child together can use a donor sperm, from which any one of the women can receive it through artificial insemination 7) Reason for infertility are still not determined - IUI may be recommended to a couple that cannot produce a baby even without any underlying reason for the infertility
Time of treatment
* Just after ovulation to maximise the success rate, a cycle of IUI should be carried out * It's becomes difficult predict exactly when this will occur, but in most cases women it usually happens between 12 and 16 days after they have their period * You will be provided with an ovulation prediction kit (OPK) to work out with the date of ovulation with high accuracy * An OPK device has the tendency to detect hormones that has released during ovulation in urine or saliva * On the other hand, blood tests is the second option that finds out when you are about to ovulate * On an occasional basis, fertility medication is used to stimulate the ovulation * In such cases, vaginal ultrasound scans are used to track the development of your eggs * As soon as the egg gets matured, you will be given a hormone injection to release the stimulation
Each cycle of IUI with donor sperm has a success rate of :
* 15.8% for women under 35 * 11.0% for women aged 35-39 * 4.7% for women aged 40-42 * 1.2% for women aged 43-44 * 0% for women over 44
* Along with the age the success rate also depends upon the sperm count * If IUI fails after several attempts, your doctor may suggest another treatment, such as IVF.
What are the risks associated?
* Risks including with IUI are minimum, although some women experience cramps similar to those in period pains * When medication is used to stimulate the ovulation, there is a small risk of obtaining a reaction and there becomes chance of an unintended multiple pregnancy (such as twins or triplets)
You’ll be monitored with ultrasound scans to know for a potential multiple pregnancy and the treatment cycle can be abandoned if necessary to avoid this.