The ugly emotions that deals with infertility hijacks all your happiness, damages your relationship with your partner. All most all the women tried not to let their fertility schedule take over their life. Just nurture your new marriage by making entertaining plans like normal persons. But going out with an empty womb even after so many years of marriage reminds the ladies, people taunting them every time. Nobody have anything to do with me and my life but somehow they do. It is nothing just the ugly feeling and feeling ashamed.
But now a day’s technology has expanded its wings so much that even you are unable to conceive, there are various methods from which you can get pregnant. In which one of them is Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART).
Even after taking medical and surgical techniques if a lady is unable to conceive then she can undergo more complex procedures known as ART.
Which all includes:
* Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) * In Vitro Fertilization * Third Party Assisted ART * Sperm Donation * Egg Donation * Surrogates and Gestational Carriers In-Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) is the most preferred form of infertility treatment because of its high success rate of achieving pregnancy. IVF is also known by the term Test Tube Baby which is used to refer the baby born out of the IVF procedure.
What is ART?
* Assisted reproductive technology (ART) is a co large of various methods that helps the infertile couples.
* It works by removing eggs from a woman's body. These eggs are then mixed with sperm in order to make embryos. The embryos are then fixed back in the woman's body
This is a procedure that is paired with fertility drug in order to increase the success rate, but only 30% from this procedure results in giving birth to a baby child. This procedure is invasive and more expensive with adverse side effects, you want to know why? Because when numerous embryo is placed in the uterus there are maximum chances of getting pregnancy with multiple babies. But so far, no health effects have been associated with children born using ART procedures, and for many people with fertility problems, ART is the best gift of having a child biologically.
Common techniques of ART
Popular Techniques Include
1) In vitro fertilization (IVF): About 99 percent treatment done in US is IVF. Eggs are mixed with your partner's sperm in a laboratory. After fertilization, the result out embryos is developing for three to five days before transferring it to your uterus. 2) Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI): In this technique, a single sperm is inserted directly into your egg, rather than placing many sperm to the egg surrounding just as in IVF. After fertilization takes place, the embryos are developed for three to five days before being transferred to your uterus. 3) Embryo: If you cannot conceive with your own eggs, you can have treatment of IVF using eggs donated by other woman. The egg that donated is then combined with your partner's sperm, and the resulting embryo is transferred to female uterus. This procedure can also be done with the help of donated embryo or sperm. 4) Surrogacy (gestational carrier): Another woman carries your embryo or donor embryo and gives birth to your baby.
Third-Party Assisted Reproduction
ARTs is increasingly helpful for those who cannot conceive through their own genetic and biological capacities. Heterosexual and same-sex couples and single women and men who have biologically connected children mostly turn their heads to clinics and agencies that directly relates to “donors” that provides sperm, eggs, or gestational services, usually for some certain amount.
12% of IVF cycles in 2005 used “donor” eggs, mostly for women in their forties who discovered that they could not achieve pregnancy with their own eggs. If 52,000 new babies are born through IVF cycles in 2005, from that it is possible that 6,200 children were born through “donor” eggs; through donor insemination.
The most controversial form of third-party reproduction is known as surrogacy which is typically employed by heterosexual couples in which the woman can produce her own eggs but she is unable to become pregnant. Some heterosexual couples, single men, or gay male couples achieve their parenthood using the services of a woman who provides both genes as well as gestation.
* Almost IVF-conceived infants do not have any kind birth defects
* However according to the study ART is associated with an increased birth defects.
The main risks ASSOCIATED are: * Child taking birth has less weight * Health problems such as visual impairment and cerebral palsy * Damage of membrane * Sperm count: It is said that sperm banks accept people only with high sperm count. Current data indicate little or no increased risk for postpartum depression among women who use ART. Its usage also includes ovary stimulation, IVF with increasing risk of childhood cancer. * Last but not the least genetic disorder.