It may surprise you, but exercise can be one of the best ways to relieve your pain and stiffness from knee. Exercise helps you to strengthen your muscle around the knees, and improves the flexibility of your joints. Best exercise for your joints is only recommended by your therapist or doctor for the best results.
Coming to the orthopaedics section, people are only aware about knee disorder and knee-replacement surgery in India . They have zero knowledge about any other orthopaedic problems; well this article will get you to know about musculoskeletal disorder.
What is Musculoskeletal Disorder?
What are the Types of MSD?
MSD can affect many areas of the body, which all include the following:-
The different areas of the body can make up the musculoskeletal system; there are several other diseases that can produce significant signs and symptoms. The other disorders include:
Some of these disorders can cause mild discomfort and pain. Whereas, the most common observed is Lower back pain.
What are the Causes of MSD?
There are variety of causes for MSD, but its exact cause depends upon your:-
Over the time, the activities can even cause wear and tear that may lead to all the above types of disorder. Just as the sports can cut down certain part of the body, in same way working on computer and sitting in same position everyday can be one of its causes. Ignoring the stretching exercise or wrong posture can even worsen the effects. According to the Bureau of Labour Statistics, the following are the professions that may experience more musculoskeletal problems than average:-
MSD is a form of disorder that increases with age. Only for this reason, most of the individual believe that age is the direct cause for all these conditions. Muscles, bones, and joints naturally break down with age, but getting old does not mean that you are automatically developing the age related medical disorders. According to the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS), lower back pain basically affects the people in their 30 and 40. Taking care of your body throughout; till the age of 40, can decrease the risk of developing MSD.
Symptoms of MSDs
Its symptom can hinder everyday tasks, like evening or morning walk. You may observe low range of motion, along with the difficulties in your daily activities. If you experience the following you should surely call the doctor:-
How can we diagnose MSD?
- To pin point the exact cause of your body being uncomfortable and the pain, you should definitely visit a doctor. At first your physician will perform a physical exam in order to test your muscle cells for any kind of weakness. Redness as well as swelling can be one of its symptoms
- If there is presence of bone fracture, then your doctor will go for an X – ray for the better look of your bone. X – Ray also indicates the increase in affected area of bones. Moreover, to investigate the rheumatic diseases blood test is been done.
How is MDS treated?
- There are varieties of disorders that are mainly dependent upon several conditions. Pain is basically addressed with exercise as well as with medicines such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen. It is said that a person should not take these medicines without the approval of doctor
- If the disorder is at higher stage then it may require different approaches such as physical theory, occupational theory, can help you out to learn the techniques, for managing your pain in daily activities
- Prescribed medicines are required to decrease the inflammation and pain.