SIGNS, SYMPTOMS OF GLAUCOMA
Are you aware that mostly 40% of our eye vision is lost due to glaucoma even without noticing? “Sneak thief of sight��? is the word given to glaucoma because there are no early symptoms seen once your vision or eye sight is lost and it’s not even temporary it’s permanent. People, who are severely nearsighted, or the people suffering from diabetes or who have family members with glaucoma are also at higher risk of suffering from this disorder.
Clinicspots is specialized in giving online consultation that focused on various treatments leading from glaucoma to Hair transplant in Mumbai. As stated above there is no cure for glaucoma, but to prevent the disorder or to slow it down various treatment are included such as surgery and medication. That is the reason why you should have regular eye checkups especially after 60.
WHAT IS GLAUCOMA?
WHAT CAUSES GLAUCOMA?
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF GLAUCOMA?
- Open-angle glaucoma:it is a most common type of glaucoma which is called as wide angle glaucoma. The fluid in the eye does not flow properly still the structure of the eye will appear normal. This is termed as trabecular meshwork.
- Angle-closure glaucoma:poor drainage is caused because in between the angle of iris and cornea is very narrow and it is physically blocked with the iris, which suddenly builds up the pressure in the eye. This is also called as narrow angle glaucoma.
Who gets affected by glaucoma?
Many of the people think over it again and again whether they have risk of getting affected by glaucoma? Let me answer your question. Glaucoma often occurs in adults at age of 40, but it also has tendency to occur in children as well as in infants too. You are at higher risk of developing glaucoma if you observe the following:-
- Hereditary problem
- More than 40 years of age
- Poor eye sight
- Person suffering from high diabetes
- High intake of steroid, medications
- Trauma to eyes
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF GLAUCOMA?
- Loss in vision
- Eye redness
- Pain in eyes
- Shortening in vision
- Hazy looks
- Burning dry eyes
- Seeing spots
- Doubly vision
- Colour of vision changes
- Watery eyes
The symptoms listed above do not mean that you particularly suffer from glaucoma. But if you experience more than one symptom at a time then you should immediately visit a doctor for consultation.