You’ll find all available details for PET scan in Mumbai on this page.
What is a PET scan?
In simple words, a Positron Emission Tomography (PET) scan is an imaging test which will allow your doctor to check for any diseases that has affected your body. There are few centres that perform PET scan in Mumbai.
There are various types of PET scan test in Mumbai which are listed below :
1. Cardiac PET scan : Cardiac PET scan plays highly effective role to diagnose the heart disease. According to the past history of PET-CT scan centres in Mumbai, PET scan gives more accurate results as compare to angiogram, electrocardiogram (ETC) and single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) etc. Here radioactive tracer which consist of radioisotope inject to the heart. This is nothing but the radioactive compound whose movement are detected in PET scan. Then the patient undergoes a scan where the tracer detects activities and produces image.
2. PET F18 FDG scan : FDG stand for fluorodeoxyglucose scan which is nothing but a glucose scan. If the heart muscles are permanently damaged then this glucose test has to be done. This scan is use for Oncology, Neuroimaging, Cardiology, Infectious diseases and to detect many other diseases.
3. PET/CT scan : In terms of getting more accurate result PET (positron emission tomography) scan and CT (computed tomography) scan are use in the combination in PET scan test in Mumbai. This test provide 3D image of the affected body part, where abnormal metabolic activity is detected. During PET scan the glucose spread throughout the whole body and produces the picture of a body parts. Sometime due to sensitivity or due to some allergy, people could face some side effects such as headache, nausea, vomiting issues. All types of cancer, Heart problems and Brain disorders are detected with the use of PET scan test in Mumbai.
On a daily basis, more than 1000 patients undergo PET scan in Mumbai.
The average cost of PET scan in Mumbai is around Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 15,000 depending upon the centre you choose. The cost may also depend whether the hospital is government or a private Hospital. In some government hospitals the cost ranges from Rs. 6,000 to Rs. 10,000 whereas in private hospital or clinics the cost can be as high as Rs. 25,000.
You may be wondering if the PET scan cost in Mumbai will be higher due to the infrastructure and quality of medical equipment, but let us tell you that even along with such facilities the PET scan cost in Mumbai is affordable in some centres.
The PET CT scan charges in Mumbai are higher if you compare it to the PET scan in Navi Mumbai. Charges may vary with the facility given by the hospital. There are few centres providing facility of PET scan. Out of which we have listed the best centres for PET CT scan in Mumbai as well as PET scan centres in Navi Mumbai.
Free online consultation
Fill the form below and our expert will call you back, so you can ask your question one to one.
The Chief Minister of Maharashtra state Shree Fadnavis Devedra himself inaugurated Mahatma Phule charitable trust MPCT on 30th August 2017.
Centre has been given surprise inaugural scheme for the patient to carry out PET ct scan in Mumbai at Rs. 10,000, whose actual cost is about Rs. 25,000 and the offer was held for the first six months of the inauguration date. Hospital has most advanced linear accelerator called as beam. It takes half of the time of standard machine for cancer treatment. Centre has most advanced equipments at MPCT radiology and nuclear medicine department. So that these advanced technologies could deal with lung cancer, brain tumour, and 24 channel brachytherapy for cervical and breast cancer.
1. MPCT has announced another discount where your whole body PET scan cost in Mumbai will be done in just 8000rs. Which actual worth Rs. 15,000 nowadays.
2. Same discount has been approach online with some coupon, It’s just you have to create online coupon with the registration fees Rs. 472 Which is nothing but the GST paid online to receive the coupon.
Address: C7, Budhyadev Mandir Marg, Sector 4, Sanpada, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400705
Nueclear Health Limited is started in 2011 by Dr. A. Velumani.
The Organisation has aim to make nuclear machines available and affordable.
They have plans to promote more networks of 4 medical cyclotrons and 80 PET/CT scan centres. Nueclear health care is set up with the advanced technologies for radiology. Nueclear is nothing but the brand of Thyrocare, which is a leading pathology centre.
1. This is one of the few hospitals to have fully facilitated machinery for PET scan test in Mumbai.
2. PET scan in Mumbai cost may vary hospital to hospitals with their facilities and treatment provided by the hospital. At Nueclear Healthcare Limited PET/CT scan is done in just Rs. 9,999.
Address: 4/1A, sector 23, Koparkhairane, Navi-Mumbai, Maharashtra-400709, India
In November 1950, the prime minister of India Mr. Jawaharlal Nehru himself put the foundation of Nanavati Super Specialist Hospital how ever in 2013 hospital has started with the cancer treatment facilities too.
The hospital has also introduced PET scan technology. They have 350 bed, 55 speciality departments, 100 doctors, experienced nurses and 1500 employees. They provide advanced Diagnostic and imaging facilities like PET scan.
1. PET scan in Nanavati Hospital is available for Eye to thigh with plain CT, with abdomen CECT, with pelvic CECT and Eye to thigh PET with chest.
2. As mentioned earlier PET/ CT scan charges in Mumbai may vary from hospital to hospital.
3. At Nanavati Super Specialist Hospital the charges for the PET scan are as follows. Eye to thigh PET with plain CT - Rs. 13,900 Eye to thigh PET with abdomen CECT - Rs. 17,350 Eye to thigh PET with abdomen, pelvic CECT - Rs. 19,350 Eye to thigh PET with chest, abdomen CECT - Rs. 19,900.
Address: Swami Vivekanand Marg, Vile Parle West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400056.
Tata Memorial Hospital in India was founded by Sir Dorabji Tata Trust on February 28, 1941. The hospital connected with Advanced Centre for Treatment and the Centre for Research and Education in Carrier (AC TREC).
Hospital is fully dedicated to the treatment, prevention, research and education of cancer. Tata is one of the best hospitals for PET scan in Mumbai.
1. Hospital has one of best radiotherapy department with efficient machineries.
2. PET scan cost in Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai are Rs. 17,000 for inpatient and Rs. 25,000 for outpatient.
Address: Dr. E Borges Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra – 400012
Jaslok Hospital and Research centre inaugurated by Prime Minister of India on 6th July 1973.This is one of the finest hospitals for PET scan centres in Mumbai.
Jaslok hospital was the first hospital who introduced triple head Gama camera in India and the first solid state dedicated cardiac camera in Asia. Jaslok is a leading hospital for Diagnostic and interventional Radiology in all over India and Southeast Asia. They brought first high end PET scan in Asia and they are the first to introduced spiral CT, 64-Slice Cardiac CT, MRI and more. This is one of a few reputed centres where you can get best PET scan in Mumbai.
1. Hospital is occupied with a 5-ring 16-slice PET/CT scanner. There are only 13 such machines available in the world with scanner.
2. PET scan cost in Jaslok hospital is approx Rs. 24,000.
Address: Dr. Deshmukh Marg, Pedder Road, Opposite Sophia College, Mumbai, Maharashtra – 400026
Bombay Hospital was founded by R.D. Birla in 1950. Hospital is fulfilled with the best team of doctors in various departments like neurology, PET/CT scan, orthopaedics, MRI, cancer and urology.
They have 2 cath labs and 4 completely dedicated operation theatres. ECG, Echo/stress and Holter, MRI and CT scan, PET/CT scan, ultrasound, urodynamics, X-Ray, Mammography and many more test done in the hospital. Timing for PET scan in this hospital is 9am to 5pm and the concern doctor is Dr. Kiran kumar.
1. Every year hospital undergoes to 1,800 surgeries and 4000 angiographies.
2. The PET scan machine at Bombay hospital is so advanced that it takes just 7 minutes to give the results.
3. Bombay Hospital charge nearby Rs. 22,000 for PET scan in Mumbai India.
Address: 12, Marine Lines, Mumbai, Maharashtra – 400020
In Navi Mumbai, there are only few centres providing PET scan facility. Dr. Donald John’s P53 cancer clinic is one of them. He is having 10 years experience in oncology and Breast surgery.
Clinic is providing treatment for breast cancer, colon cancer, head and neck cancer, ovarian cancer, stomach cancer and lung cancer.
1. As we mentioned above, the clinic is so efficient that they used to deal with many types of cancer. Hence they have efficient machines too for the tests like PET scan, CT scan etc.
2. PET scan price in Mumbai is higher than the prices in Navi Mumbai. In P53 cancer clinic charges are Rs. 10,000 – Rs. 25,000 depending upon the body part which is to be diagnose
Hospital : Somani Cardiac & Gynecology Center, Sahyadri Hospital Pune-411004
Address: Flat no. 56, KuberHsg Society, Plot No. 43, Sector 17, Vashi, Navi Mumbai – 400703.
Here, we are talking about one of the best multispecialty hospital for PET scan in Mumbai, which was named as Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani hospital. This is one of the biggest hospitals in Mumbai stated on year 2009.
Hospital has great team of medical professionals. They put their initiatives to quality and safety commitments with National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH).If you are not able to find any reputed center for PET scan in borivali then let us inform you that you can visit to Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital as it’s quite near to your place.
1. Hospital is providing FDG PET-CT scan, Ga-68 DOTANOC PET-CT scan and Ga-68 PSMA PET-CT scan for whole body.
2. FDG cardiac PET scan and FDG Brain PET scan is also available in the hospital.
3. Charges for the entire above PET scan test are nearby Rs. 10,500 to Rs. 25,000.
Address: Rao Saheb, Achutrao Patwardhan Marg, Four Bunglows, Mudran Press Colony, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400053.
We are glad to introduce you one of the oldest hospital of Mumbai. We are talking about Breach Candy Hospital which was established in 1950.
They have best team of qualified and experienced doctors with excellent nursing care. Breach candy hospital was the first centre in Mumbai, who introduced the latest model of PET scan which was developed by Siemens Healthcare, Germany.
1. This latest model of PET scan is efficient to put 200% improvement in image quality.
2. Hospital providing facility of PET scan on Monday to Saturday during morning to noon hours. PET ct scan cost in Mumbai is high.
3. In Breach Candy charges Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 25,500 for PET scan, though the charges are depending upon which body part is to be diagnosed.
Address: 60 A, Bhulabhai Desai Marg, Breach Candy, Mumbai, Maharashtra- 400026.
Sushrut Hospital and research centre is a multi specialty hospital. The hospital is occupied with the team of veteran doctors and nurses.
Centre has pride to provide qualitative ICU, OPD, well equipped operation theatre and diagnostic centre. Never the less, center is able to provide many facilities like PET scan, CT scan, mammography, CT angiography, Digital X-ray, PFT and a lot more are there.
1. PET /CT scan for Oncology, Cardiology, Neurology is done in this hospital.
2. If you looking for cheapest PET scan in Mumbai you can visit to Sushrut Hospital. As the hospital is a joint venture of public and private sector, they charges for PET scan is not so high they start with Rs. 8,000 and further it’s depending upon the test you undergo.
Address: 365, Swastik Park, Chembur East, Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400071.
Though there are many multi specialist hospitals available in Mumbai. We have few eligible Diagnostic centers too for PET scan in Mumbai; those are consisting with best machines and equipments.
Exo Path Lab is one of them. They provide great services and fast results because of the best staff and well equipped diagnostic centre.
1. They used to perform various type of PET scan for cardiac, Brain and for whole body.
2. Remember, charges for PET scan varies with body parts. Hence Rs. 15,000 is charged for Brain with Contras or Regional scan with Contras, and same charges are applied to cardiac scan and whole body plain.
3. Brain plain or Regional Plain scan or Bone scan is done in Rs. 12,000. Whole body with Contrast is done in Rs.18000.
Address: LBS Marg, Ghatkopar West, Ghatkopar, Mumbai, Maharashtra – 400086.
Medcare Institute and Diagnostic centre is one of the fully fitted diagnostic centres to perform PET scan in Mumbai. They provide unique facility whereby patient could have professional medical facility at home too.
But the test like PET scan and other big tests are to be done in the centre only. They are so effective and efficient that Sushrut Hospital and Research Centre performs their test and scans in Medcare centre.
1. Not only PET scan, has Nuclear Medicine (NM), Radiology, Pathology liked that they do many more applications in the centre.
2. Cost of PET scan in Medcare Institute and Diagnostic centre is Rs. 9,500 to Rs.24,500.
Address: Sushrut Hospital, 365 Swastik Park, Chembur (East), Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400 071.
Jankharia imaging is a pathology lab, set up with all machines and experienced staff to do PET ct in Mumbai. Lab has all equipments which required for the test like MRI, CT scan, PET scan, Ultra sound, X-ray, Dexa Scan etc.
1. Recently lab has promoted 10% discount on test like PET scan, CT scan and various blood tests.
2. After discount the cost of PET scan in Jankharia imaging is Rs. 20,700.
Address: Piramal Annexe Building, Ganpatrao Kadam Marg Next to A to Z Industrial Estate, Lower Parel, Maharashtra Delisle Road, Mumbai-400013.
Thyrocare is India’s first fully automated pathology lab; they are leading in medical diagnosis industry. Here clinician leans to provide their services to patient.
Right now Thyrocare has more than 2000 branches all over India and in abroad. They are processing near 40,000 samples on daily basis. The lab has most advanced instruments and an intelligent laboratory information system. Thyrocare introduced their new branch in Navi Mumbai named as Nueclear Healthcare by Dr. A. Velumani.
1. In India charges for PET scan are really high. Patient used to spend an average amount of Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 25,000 for PET scan in Mumbai.
2. Thyrocare takes the initiatives to make PET scan affordable hence Nueclear charged Rs. 9,999 for PET scan.
Address: 4/1A, sector 23, Koparkhairane, Navi-Mumbai, Maharashtra-400709, India.
Health Being is situated in Malad West. It is one of the reputed PET scan centre in Mumbai. You can say it’s a one-stop destination for customers who are looking for facilities like PET Scan, Cardiac CT Scan, MRI Scan, CT Coronary Angiography and 3 Tesla MRI Scan. They provide services 24X7.
1. For those first-time visitors, you may take Link Road behind Infiniti Mall to reach this place. Just for the ease of payment, customers can use Cash, Master Card, Debit Card, Cheque and Credit Card to pay for the services.
2. The approximate cost of PET scan in Mumbai ranges between Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 20,000.
Address: Link Road, Malad West, Mumbai 400064, Behind Infiniti Mall
It is a health care service provider which provides services related to Diagnostic Test Services. The Foundation facilitates variety range of Test Scans like Sonography, CT scan and EMG.
Test, Stress Test, Bone Densitometry Test, Nuclear Scan, MRI Scan, Colour Doppler Sonography, CT angiography and so on.
1. The staffs here are courteous and dedicated towards providing services to their clients. This PET scan centre also has two more branches in Malad, West and Link Road.
2. Approximate cost of PET scan in Mumbai ranges between Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 20,000.
Address: Old BMC Building 2, Room No. 16, Koliwada Rawali Camp Sardar Nagar, Flank Road, Sion Mumbai 400022.
In this scan, a special tool is used which has radioactive tracers. The doctor will tell to inhale, swallow or inject these tracers into vein in your arm. All these depend on which part of your body needs to be examined. The tissues and the organs in your body will then absorb these tracers.
The tracers will help your doctor to check how well your tissues and organs are working in your body when under the PET scanner. The tracers in the body accumulate in the areas where there is high chemical activity, which is beneficial because an area with high chemical activity often relates to a disease. In PET scan, these areas will show up as brighter spots.
Why do you need to have a PET scan?
A PET scan helps to inspect the Patient’s blood flow, working metabolism of your organs and tissues, or the oxygen levels in your body. With the help of PET scan the doctor is able to detect the area of any complex diseases.
The doctor can address the area of the disease quickly via PET scan and start the treatment as soon as possible. Most of Doctors prefer PET scan and recommend undergoing PET scan in Mumbai as they assured to get accurate results in short period of time and at affordable rate. Let us inform the people who are looking for PET scan in thane, they need not to travel a lot as there are many experienced doctors available there itself.