Heart Surgery Cost in India
Below we have briefly discussed the reasons why you should choose India over other countries for different types of Heart surgery. Further we have also provided cost of different types of Heart surgery in India.
The rise in the cost of heart surgery saw the improvement of medicinal tourism in India. The Medical tourism industry has developed to such a point that it is the biggest donor of remote income in this nation. The expected revenue to be gained by 2020 is around 7 to 8 million dollars. In the year 2015, it earned roughly an income of around 3 billion US dollars.
Everyone has the same question in mind that how much does a Heart Surgery (Bypass) cost in India? Well, let me tell you Heart Surgery Cost in India is very minimal & very affordable, as compared to the other nations worldwide. As when compared the cost is 80% less than that of which is carried in the USA with same Quality of Treatment. It is extremely pleasing to realize that India is one of the least expensive goals for heart patients over the globe. Be that as it may, the nature of the medicinal treatment is better than expected when compared with some other great nations, as per the Medical Tourism Market Report. Usually, the Cost of Bypass Surgery in India ranges from $2000 to $5000, whereas in the USA it ranges from $50,000 to $2,00,000, and in Turkey it ranges from $13,000 to $17,000 for similar type of procedures. Hence, this is the reason why the foreign Patients give preference to India for any kind of treatment.
Heart Surgery Cost in India depends on different Heart Diseases as given below:
|Type of Surgery||Approx. Cost in India in USD|
|Angioplasty||$1500 – $4000|
|Open-Heart Surgery||$2000 – $3500|
|Bypass Surgery||$2200 – $5500|
|Aneurysm Repair||$8500 – $11000|
|Heart transplant||$29000 – $45000|
Following are there are multiple cities that provides Heart Ailments in India:
Explanations behind picking India for heart surgery:
- Facility – India has a Certified system like Joint Commission International (JCI) & National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) for which the Hospitals provide the ailment similar to or you can say more than standardized than other Countries. Here we have also listed the Best Heart Hospitals in India.
- World-Class Technologies – Indian Hospitals use some of the best 7 latest Technologies for Diagnosing and Operating patients. India is also indulged in robotic Surgery, which is constantly improving. IMRT/IGRT, the Latest Neuro transplant support system, is now available & the patient benefits from the same in India.
- Trained Specialized Doctors – India has the maximum number of specialists overall in South Asia (1.2 million Allopathic specialists. 0.17 million dental specialists, and 2 million medical caretakers). Many leading heart surgeons in the world practice in India. Cardiac surgeon in India keeps up their practices updated with the continuous study. Here we have also listed top Cardiologists in India and top cities of India- Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai, and Hyderabad.
- Minimal Cost – As explained earlier, the cost of Heart Treatment in India is one-tenth of what it is charged in other countries. For people who don’t have any kind of Medical Insurance & find it hard to afford treatment in their particular country, India is the only country to look for.
- Less Waiting Time – In India, there is hardly any waiting period to provide any kind of Consultation or Treatment. As in India, the Specialist believes in saying that patient comes first.
- Language – Language is not a barrier, as English is mostly used. So, people from other countries won’t be faced with speaking or solving their queries.
- Hospitality – People coming from other countries can feel like a home away from home. People are well greeted & they feel very comfortable when they visit India for Medical tourism.
Types of Heart Surgeries in India
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG): Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) is also called Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery. It is one of the common types of Heart Surgery, it is done by cardiothoracic-surgeon to restore the blood flow to the Heart. It develops because of the Blocking & hardening of the Arteries (Veins). In CABG surgery, a vein is removed from a leg & one end is attached to the aorta or one of its major branches, and the other end is attached to the Clogged Artery immediately after the obstruction to restore blood flow.
- Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization (TMR): Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization is another type of procedure for Heart Surgeries. In this procedure, tiny Channels are made through the Heart Muscle as well as on the left side of the Heart’s Chamber (Ventricle). The Specialist uses the Laser Technique for Surgery. In this Surgery, the Heart-Lung machine is not used, as it is only done when the Heart is Beating & is full of Blood.
- Heart Valve Repair or Replacement: Heart Valve helps the blood to flow in a single stream. This surgery is basically carried out by an Aortic valve surgeon on Cardiac Valve (congenital). It is only done when the Valves of the heart are damaged or are Diseased, which causes Valve Dysfunction. If most of the Valves are damaged, then they should be replaced. Two kinds of Valve replacement can be used as a replacement – Mechanical Valves & Biological valves.
- Arrhythmia Treatment: Arrhythmia is also known as irregular Heartbeat. Arrhythmia treatment basically treated with Pacemaker. The pacemaker is an electronic device that is placed under the chest or abdomen, which results in Controlling Irregular Heart Beats. In this Surgery, the Specialist makes a small cut in Atria.
- Aneurysm Repair: As the name suggests, Aneurysm Surgery is carried out to repair the Aneurysm artery. In this, the Air lump is formed in the Artery of the Heart Muscle. The main reason for this lump is if the Artery wall is too weak. In this Surgery, a large cut is made in the Abdomen so that the Aorta is visible. Once it is visible, a twig is used to repair an aneurysm. The Specialist removes the weakest part of the artery with the help of a graft.
- Heart Transplant: Heart Transplant Surgery occurs when the person or patient is at end-stage heart failure or Coronary Heart disease. As in this procedure, the ailed heart is replaced with a healthy heart from a deceased patient. A heart Transplant is carried out when all the other procedures are failed. In this surgery, a cut is made into the patient’s breastbone to have full access to the heart. The patient is attached to the heart-lung bypass machine, which helps in blood circulation into the body, then the transplantation of a new heart is carried on. Once all test is completed after transplantation, the breastbone cut is closed with a strong wire, which will stay there for a lifetime.
Question and Answers (109)
You need NCCT KUB to see if any stones in urinary tract.
As per my understanding, the patient is having LVEF 10% and is walking and talking normally (leading a normal active healthy life). To me it seems to one of the rare case where a person having LVEF 10% and leading active healthy life. You should consult a cardiologist and get the ECHO repeated either there may a mistake in the previous report or if it's a miracle then it should be studied further. Get in touch with experts from Best Cardiologists in Mumbai, or page of any other city. Hope our answer helps you.
As per my understanding, the patient seems to have triple vessel disease and the doctor has put one stent, but two other arteries having 100% blockage are left untreated. The ideal treatment for triple vessel disease is CABG, but there may be some more underlying factors due to which the cardiologist may have advise against CABG. You can always take a second opinion from other cardiologists, who on evaluating the patient and the reports will guide and clear all your doubts. Consult some of the Best Cardiologists in Mumbai, or any other city. Hope our answer helps you.
What is Bypass Surgery cost in India?Your search ends here when it comes to the best treatment for bypass surgery. India, the top medical destination is known to provide comprehensive treatment options at highly affordable rates. Immediate treatment, world-renowned doctors, technologically advanced hospitals and high success rate makes your medical journey hassle-free and smooth.
List of 25 Best Hospitals in The World 2022In this article, we will discuss the best hospitals in the world based on their facilities and services. Also, will discuss various factors that need to be considered while choosing a hospital for treatment. Here is a list of famous and the best hospitals globally for 2022.
12 Best Heart Surgeons in the World- Updated 2022Heart surgery is one of the most advanced procedures in the world of medicine. It is also one of the riskiest and most complex surgeries a doctor can perform on a patient. In most cases, patients requiring heart surgery have already reached a critical stage where their life is at stake if something isn't done immediately. Hence, it is essential to have a reliable heart surgeon perform the surgery. This article will introduce you to some of the best heart surgeons in the world operating from some of its finest hospitals and clinics. If you know someone who needs this kind of assistance, do share this article with them!
New Heart Failure Medications 2022- FDA-Approved for Patients with Heart Failure with Reduced Ejection FractionIn today's day and age, modern medicine is making so much progress with research and development. There are a lot of treatments available for heart failure but still a need to find better medications because of the increasing number of patients with heart failure. This article will give information about the new heart failure medications in 2022 approved by the FDA. Read ahead till the end to learn more about the new medicine in detail.