You should seek help of an experienced dermatologist.
- On going to a dermatologist, they will first put you up on a course of either prescription or OTC medications and if your conditions don't see much improvement, or if the pace of improvement slows down after the initial stages, then they will further move towards surgical procedures.
- There are many surgical options that can be implemented to treat scarred skin, such as: grafts, dermabrasion, or laser surgery.
- In a skin graft (Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 1,20,000), the surgeon extracts skin from another part of your body, and uses it to fill your scarred region depending upon how deep it is ((used with people having burns)).
- Dermabrasion (Rs. 2,000 to Rs. 6,000) is carried out on raised scars for smoothing and leveling the textural abnormalities of the scar and its uneven edges, to blends the scar with its surroundings - and microdermabrasion essentially does the same thing, but by reaching out to the deeper layers within skin.
- While laser surgery (Rs. 5,000 to Rs. 20,000 per session) stimulates collagen, reduces redness and softens the scar.
- Recovery time for each patient is highly specific and changes depending on what kind of scars you have and what other complications you present with, so an experienced dermatologist can help with same!
- Note: The approximate cost ranges that we mention can be exceeded by actual incurred charges when you would be undergoing some treatment, because various factors affect overall cost. Such as - experience of treating clinician, complications faced, severity of concern, location & infrastructure of the clinic, or value-added services.
Visit our page to find doctors with required qualifications - Dermatologists.
Let us know if you have varying preferences for location, or any other concern, take care!