Bone marrow transplant also called as stem cell transplant, is potential cure for sickle cell anemia. Treatment options are:
- Medications to reduce pain and prevent complications.
- Vaccinations to prevent infections.
- And blood transfusions.
- Life style changes are also of help, such as:
- Taking folic acid supplements daily.
- Having a healthy diet.
- Drinking plenty of water.
- Avoid temperature extremities.
Also, there are some hospitals where concession on medical treatments are available though cards like Ayushman bharat, CHGS, etc. Some government hospitals are:
- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Christian Medical College (CMC) and Hospital, Vellore.
Consult a hematologist - Hematologists in Delhi. Hope this helps you, and let the team know if your preferred location is different.