Skin Care during Mumbai Monsoons
Since your skin is exposed to increased humidity during Mumbai monsoon, your skin need proper attention. Below we have discussed all the important aspect you should take into consideration to protect your skin.
Mumbai – known as the city which never sleeps and as the city of lights. If you are from Mumbai or visited this city then you know the beauty of this city during monsoons. Mumbai’s century-old architecture and infrastructure are spectacular but have lead to congestion and drainage problems during rains which give birth to various skin-related problems. But you need not worry as there are a lot of good skin specialists in Mumbai who provide exceptional skincare during Mumbai monsoons. We suggest you visit the best skin specialist or a dermatologist in Mumbai to first get his advice on skin-related problems and for healthy skin and beauty solutions.
Mumbai is a huge city that has many suburbs and it gets difficult for people to travel to different parts of the city for skin treatments like Skin Pigmentation, skin whitening, etc. They prefer consulting the best skin specialist in their area. Due to this, you will find a lot of good skin specialists all over Mumbai. The people in Mumbai are style-conscious and are open to various skin treatments and procedures to enhance their looks.
Skin specialist in Andheri West is in a lot of demand as almost the whole Bollywood stays here at Andheri West and hence people are very style conscious and want to look at their best. They will provide the right guidance for your skincare during the Mumbai monsoons.
During Mumbai monsoons, it is very difficult commuting to Andheri. So, there are many good skin specialists in Andheri East who cater to the people staying in Andheri East at a very reasonable cost without compromising the treatment quality.
In the central line of Mumbai, Mulund has a highly developed medical infrastructure and reputed hospitals like Fortis. Skin specialist in Mulund has gained a lot of importance for their latest and advanced skin treatment. Another place in the central suburbs of Mumbai is Sion, which also has a good number of good medical hospitals for various medical treatments. Because of the medical colleges and govt. hospitals located in the place have gained a lot of importance for a huge number of clinics. Skin specialists in Sion are known for their latest and advanced skin treatments.
Kalyan is a newly developed neighboring area of Mumbai which has a good medical infrastructure. Skin specialists in Kalyan are equally good and provide a high quality of treatment at a very affordable cost of treatment.
People eat healthy food, do exercise, and yoga to keep their bodies healthy and fit. But how many of you know that the skin is also an important part of our body that needs to be taken care of. Since it is one of the largest organs in the human body, knowing which kind of skin you have, helps you to pamper it properly. Dry skin requires a kind of treatment to make it look shiny and clear. Whereas, oily skin requires some other treatment to keep it healthy and glowing.
If you use a different cosmetic product for your skin, it will worsen your acne and skin-related problems. Therefore, building a routine for skincare would help you prevent acne, black spots, and help to repair skin. You should do this just the way you take your medicines. Two times in a day, one in the morning and one before you fall into slumber.
Skin Care during Mumbai Monsoons
There are different things you can do to protect your skin:-
- Cleansing: You have to clean your skin two times a day. Remember, it will cause more than good for your skin. It will wash away the essential oil from your face completely. If you have dry skin say NO to makeups. There are some cleansers that suit every skin type. They are Cetaphil and Banila Clean It Zero Sherbet Cleanser.
- Serums: You can use serums with proteins in them because it will help in reducing skin damage and reduces wrinkles and therefore help you look young as always. This you can use during the daytime. At night, you can use retinol creams. Retinol is another name for vitamin A that is a medicine for many skin problems like wrinkles and acne. Usually, the supply of vitamin A through food is not sufficient and hence the need to apply this cream to keep our skin shiny and awesome. It also helps to improve skin color by reducing pigmentation. It should also be noted that Retinol, should be applied only at night.
- Moisturizer: Do you know that oily skin needs gel-type moisturizer and dry skin needs cream-based moisturizer? You should take special care to buy one that doesn’t block your pores. If you look at the pack, you can easily find out whether it is cream-based or gel-based. So, choosing one according to your skin type would help you look amazing. CeraVe’s facial lotion would be the right choice for oily skin and MISSHA Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream is appropriate for dry skin.
- Sunscreen: When you hit the road, apply SPF 30 at least a quarter-hour before to stay protected from the harmful sun’s rays. Moreover, it takes a while for sunscreen cream to start working wonders for you. If your skin color is a shade darker than the normal color, you should use more cream to counter the pigmentation effect.
In addition to all these things, you should try these methods as well to stay attractive all the time.
What to do and what not to do for Skin Care during Mumbai Monsoons?
- Quit smoking: This would help you a lot to keep your skin healthy. This is because smoking causes the shrinking of blood vessels that will cause reduced blood flow to the skin. Reduced blood flow means a reduced supply of oxygen and other factors for the healthy growth of the skin. As a result, your skin will shrink, making you look older than your age.
- Correct your diet: Check whether you take in a lot of vegetables, fruits, pulses, and proteins in your diet. If not, reduce fast food and increase the intake of natural and homemade food that will help you stay healthy and young. Do you know this magician that controls the shrinking of the skin? Yes, it is water. Drink plenty of water to have beautiful skin.
- Use soaps with moisturizers: When you take a shower or wash your face in the evening, use soap with plenty of moisturizer in it. Strong and rough soaps will cause skin damage as it wipes off oil completely from your skin. Use gentle soaps that will clean the skin but retain the essential oil on your face.
- Reduce stress: You will be taken aback if I say that stress causes acne and blisters on your face. So, next time when you get tensed up, remember the negative impact of stress on your skin. Reduce stress levels to have healthy and glowing skin.
What are the different ways to protect your skin?
- Drink plenty of water
- Apply sun protection cream before going out in the scorching sun.
- Use fresh pillow covers every week.
- Don’t leave your hair loose when you go to bed.
DIY ways to look better
There are lots of wonderful DIY ways to nourish and pamper your skin. First, you should find out your skin type so that you decide which type of skin home remedies you can use. Now, let us now discuss various natural methods to reduce the age of your skin.
- Lemon: Squeeze some lemon and apply the juice on your face for 10 minutes. If you do this regularly, you can see your skin glowing because lemon removes dead cells from your skin. Furthermore, the vitamin C present in this fruit will help to alleviate ugly dark spots from your face.
- Turmeric: It is a well-known fact that turmeric has antiseptic features and it helps to improve your skin tone. Applying turmeric along with pineapple juice will help you to minimize scars and lighten your skin.
- Honey: Apply it all over your face and wash it away with lukewarm water. This will repair your skin as it a wonderful moisturizer and acts against bacteria, keeping your skin safe from these harmful microbes.
- Aloe-Vera: This will help the growth of new cells as it is an excellent natural moisturizer and kills harmful bacteria.
These are some of the incredible ways to take care of your skin. We have found out that the key to healthy and young skin is being happy in your life, practicing yoga and meditation, playing outdoor games, being cheerful, following a healthy diet.
Frequently Asked Question
- How can I prevent aging skin?
Your skin will lose its suppleness and collagen with time, and it will begin to seem sagging with fine lines and wrinkles. However, by following a good skincare routine, you can improve the appearance of your skin. Take care of your skin by using a broad-spectrum sunscreen and topical retinoid and antioxidant treatments to protect it from the sun's harmful rays. However, it would be great if one can consult and then take Anti-Aging Treatment for the skin.
- When should one consider skin treatments for pigmentation? And what are the best treatments available?
It is recommended to begin therapy as soon as possible for any skin condition. The same can be said for pigmentation.
Exfoliation, some laser treatments, and skin peels of varied strengths, in addition to the topical
medicines mentioned, might help lighten pigmentation. There are a number of skin clinics and hospitals with the latest equipment and experts team of doctors that is why India is the favorite Destination for Skin Treatments.
Question and Answers (950)
If you are loosing hair at 24 years, that is most probably due to pattern hair loss or androgenetic alopecia which requires topical and oral medications. If medications are used within time, this will result in stopping the further hair loss and reversal of the hair loss as well. Said that proper diagnosis is mandatory before moving any further and a proper dermatology consultation is required for diagnosis and proper management
Pyderma gangrenosum is an autoimmune reaction that is characterized by painful bleeding non ailing ulcers most probably over the extremities and like any other autoimmune condition this requires the suppression of autoimmunity with immuno-suppressants either with topical agents or oral medications. as it is a chronic condition it requires a long term management. Contacting dermatologist is advisable.
If the rash is occurring on cheek in 3-4 months old child is most probably due to atopic dermatitis which is dry irritated skin condition resulting in itching and oozy skin. This might also effect other body parts like face, neck, front of elbows, back of knees and child might become irritated. It has to be managed with syndate bars or soaps, proper moisturizers, avoiding the irritants and oral or topical steroids. Proper consultation with dermatologist is advisable.
If you are having recurrent acne this is probably due to the hormonal fluctuation which results into increased oily skin on the face, the scalp, chest and there are few things that has to be taken care. One thing not to apply hair oil, avoid having dandruff or use anti-dandruff shampoos weekly on the scalp, using face washes that have salicylic acid or glycolic acid. Avoid using thick greasy moisturizers or cream on the face. Use only creams that are gel based or water based. Drink plenty of water, avoid fat or cheesy diet, exercise 10-15 mins of the day. Topical steroids have to be avoided. Topical antibiotics like Clindamycin are useful. Oral Antibiotics or retinoids are advised. Even some patients require peeling sessions. A proper consultation with dermatologist is more helpful.
At the age of 46, body hair loss might occur due to alopecia universalis, an auto-immune condition that results in hair fall. It can be managed with immunosuppression. said that a proper diagnosis is mandatory before starting treatment and a proper dermatology consultation is important