What is PRP treatment cost in Bangalore?
PRP is a popular nonsurgical hair loss treatment on the rise in Bangalore. On this page, you will find a detailed analysis of PRP treatment cost in Bangalore.
PRP treatment in Bangalore costs from ₹5,000 to ₹15,000 per Session. The overall cost of PRP treatment in Bangalore lies between ₹20,000 to ₹1,50,000. As the overall cost will depend upon the number of sessions you will require.
- Derma roller (₹150to ₹500) it is used on the patients after the platelet is injected and has to be paid for separately.
- Low-level Laser Therapy (LLLT) might be used along with PRP and can cost around ₹30,000to ₹60,000.
Typically, 4 - 5 sessions of this treatment are required in the interval 4 - 6 weeks each. This is followed by 1 - 2 sessions after every 6 to 12 months to maintain newly grown hair. First, the Doctor conducts some test son the patient to check the eligibility of that person for PRP treatment. They have costs of their own
This test usually includes:
- Biopsy of the scalp-In this test, the doctor takes a small part of the scalp of the patient to examine it under a microscope and to determine the reason for hair loss.
- HairDX’s genetic test- It is used to do the analysis of a men or woman likelihood of developing Androgenetic Alopecia, the most common type of hair loss.
Along with this, they might also ask for the following tests before PRP:
|PVC tests||₹146 - ₹400|
|Liver function test(LFT)||₹200-₹1490|
|Renal function test||₹300 - ₹800|
|HbA1c||₹400 - ₹2200|
|Complete Haemogram including Platelet count (CBC)||₹288 - ₹600|
|Anti-HIV||₹615 - ₹5000|
|Anti-Hepatitis C virus(HCV)||₹710 - ₹8500|
|Anti-HBsAg||₹346 - ₹1400|
If the person is diagnosed with the below-mentioned problems, then he/she is not eligible for the PRP treatment:
- Low platelet count
- Chronic liver and skin disease
- Unstable blood pressure
- Metabolic disorder
- Platelet dysfunction syndromes
- Systemic disorder
- Thyroid disease
And if the patient passes the entire test then he/she undergoes the process of PRP treatment. PRP treatment is done in three steps:
Cost of PRP treatment in Bangalore depends on the following factors:
- City: The cost of PRP treatment varies from city to city, depending on which tier city you choose. Like in the case of Bangalore (Tier 1 city) the expenses will be more than compared to tier 2 or tier 3 cities.
- Doctor’s experience and expertise: A Doctor’s experience and expertise also determine the cost of PRP treatment. If the doctor is highly experienced and popular in that area or he/she is a celebrity surgeon, then they will automatically charge more for the treatment.
- Hospital’s and Clinic’s Reputation: Hospitals and clinics also determine the cost of PRP treatment in Bangalore. Suppose the facility you choose is a brand or have a certain market reputation then they will charge you more for the same.
- Number of sessions required: The cost of PRP treatment also determines the number of sessions required for the patient. And to decide that how many sessions does a patient need is done by the surgeon after seeing the level of baldness and the area of the scalp of the patient to be treated.
- Quality of equipment used: The Quality of equipment used in the treatment also affects the cost. For example- There are several varieties and quality of derma rollers available in the market and their price lies between ₹150 to ₹500. So it’s up to the patients or Doctors that which variety or quality of equipment they go for.
What isthe procedure for PRP treatment in Bangalore?
1. 20ml – 50ml of the blood is withdrawn from the patient’s body using a butterfly needle. The blood is collected in a small tube.
2. The tube that contains blood is put into a machine called centrifuge. Centrifuge rotates the blood tube in a particular fixed axis to separate the blood as per the density. This centrifuge process takes around 10. And once it’s done the different layers of blood is visible. The blood is now divided into 3 layers:
- Red Blood Cells (Bottom Layer)
- White Blood Cells & Platelets (Middle Layer)
- Platelets Rich Plasma (Top Layer)
3. Now the Platelets Rich Plasma layer is drawn up in a syringe and is injected in the areas where the bald patches appear on the scalp to be treated and to stop hair loss and thinning.
After this, Derma Roller will be used on patient. Derma Roller is a small piece of equipment with tiny pointed needles. It is used on the scalp area where the treatment was done, to stimulate platelet flow.
Derma roller can also be used by the patient himself at home. This entire process takes around 60 – 90 minutes. And the patient can go back to their work after a few hours.
A patient might also be recommended for undergoing a Low-level Laser Therapy (LLLT) by the Doctor. LLLT is a cap-like machine that emits and low powered lesser on the head. The entire process lasts for about 20 to 40 minutes. It helps in stimulating healing and enhances cell function.
Who should go for PRP treatment?
A person suffering from hair loss and hair thinning can look for PRP treatment. It is best suitable for the person suffering from the primary stage of hair loss. Hair transplant treatment is also followed by the PRP treatment to promote tissue repair, hair growth and to give strength to the hair follicle. PRP treatment won’t work for a person who’s completely bald and it won’t completely regrow all lost hair.
As there is no operation involved in PRP treatment and the injection used in PRP treatment is extracted from the patient’s own body, so there is no real safety issue. But apart from this, a patient can have some minor effects like:
- Slight bleeding at the injection spot
- Light pain at the injection spot
- itching of scalp
- Tissue damage