What is the IVF treatment cost in Chennai?
The cost of IVF differs depending upon the type you opt for. So, the above cost is not the same for all types. On this page, we have given a complete guide of IVF Cost in Chennai by its types.
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) or Test Tube Baby procedure is a treatment which gives great hope to people who are struggling to have children of their own. From the time of its inception in 1978, millions of people have benefitted from it.
IVF is one of the most sought after treatments for infertile couples in Chennai. However, the cost of IVF treatment in Chennai is a major question which instantly crosses your mind the minute you think of undergoing this treatment.
If the IVF cost in Chennai is bothering you then read on to have a clear picture. Chennai has many reputed hospitals and clinics which offer IVF treatments at cost effective prices.Chennai has many reputed hospitals and clinics which offer IVF treatments at cost effective prices.
Affordable test tube baby cost makes Chennai the apt location for IVF.Compared to other developed countries, IVF treatment in Chennai is less expensive. The average cost of IVF in Chennai is around Rs. 150000.00 to Rs. 300000.00. Some clinics do not have inclusive pricing and charge per procedure.
|Procedure||High | low clinics|
|Diagnosis||Rs 18,000 | Rs 10,000|
|Procedure cost||Rs 2,30,000 | Rs 75,000|
|Cost of medcines||Rs 70,000 | Rs 45,000|
|Miscellaneous||Rs 21,000 | Rs 11,000.00|
The costs of the following treatment which are usually not included in the lump sum fee are:
- Medication Many times, the fertility drugs and hormonal medications are not included in the package and it has to be bought by the patient. The approximate cost of medications is Rs. 60000.00 to Rs. 80000.00 and this is one of the main factors for the high cost of IVF in Chennai.
- Anesthesia You will have to pay extra for the anesthesia which is administered to you during egg retrieval procedure.
- Embryo storage If there are unused healthy embryos left after your IVF cycle, then you have the option to store them for future use.
Freezing embryos will cost you around Rs. 15000.00 to Rs. 25000.00 and you will have to pay Rs. 5000.00 – Rs. 6000.00 every year to preserve them.
However, no two cases will be the same and the procedures recommended may vary from patient to patient. Other than the normal IVF treatment, there are other added treatments and procedures which can help you conceive but it will also increase the overall cost of IVF treatment in Chennai.
The following treatments have a direct effect on the IVF/test tube baby cost in Chennai:
- Donor sperm/egg: If you use donor sperm or eggs, then you will have to pay extra. The cost of the donor eggs will be more than the donor sperm as you have to pay for the cost incurred to procure them. Donor eggs cost approximately Rs.30000.00 to Rs. 40000.00 and the donor sperm cost around Rs. 10000.00 to Rs. 12000.
- Donor embryo: Donor embryos are used when both the partners have fertility issues or have a certain medical condition which they do not want to pass on to their children.
Using donor embryo may seem costly as it will set you back by Rs. 45000.00 – Rs. 50000.00 and this will increase the overall IVF cost in Chennai.
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI): ICSI is beneficial for people with male infertility such as low motility, sperm count and quality. Here, the egg is directly injected with a single sperm to help fertilization.
You will have to pay Rs. 30000.00 to Rs. 50000.00 for this procedure.
- Testicular sperm extraction (TESE): If no sperm is available in the patient’s ejaculate due to infertility, then a minor procedure under anesthesia is performed wherein the sperm is directly retrieved from the testicles.
It will cost you about Rs. 15000.00 – Rs. 20000.00 plus medications
Another factor which has a high impact on the IVF treatment cost in Chennai is the success rate of the clinic. As the total number of IVF cycles you need to achieve a successful outcome directly relates to the overall cost of the treatment.
Before starting the treatment, we would suggest that you should prepare yourself by thoroughly researching about the clinic and asking them relevant questions regarding treatment and test tube baby cost.