What is the knee replacement surgery cost in India?
Comparatively the knee replacement surgery cost in India is affordable than other developed countries. On this page, you will get to know the estimated amount required for different types of knee replacement surgeries, additional cost determining factors.
The knee replacement surgery cost in India is approximately between Rs.1,50,000 ($2,200) to Rs.3,80,000 ($5,500).
This makes knee replacement cost in India quite low compared to the western countries.
City wise Knee Replacement Cost in India:
|City||Average Starting price (INR)||Average Up to price (INR)|
*The above cost is an approximation and may vary according to factors like the medical condition, type of room, the brand of a hospital, etc
Generally, the cost will depend on the type of knee replacement:
|Types of Knee Replacement||Cost in Rupees||Cost in USD|
|Unilateral Total Knee Replacement||₹1,61,000 - ₹2,47,000||$2,319 - $3,558|
|Bilateral Total Knee Replacement||₹2,62,000 - ₹4,26,000||$3,774 - $6,137|
|Partial Knee Replacement||₹1,50,000 - ₹2,20,000||$2,152 - $3,156|
|Revision Knee Replacement||₹2,84,150 - ₹4,69,050||$4,093 - $6,757|
- Unilateral Total Knee Replacement: The cost of unilateral total knee replacement is comparatively lesser than bilateral total knee replacement because in unilateral total knee replacement only one knee is operated and damaged parts are replaced by prosthesis implants.
- Bilateral Total Knee Replacement: The cost is higher when it comes to bilateral total knee replacement because here both the knees are operated and the number of days you need to stay at the hospital is generally more.
- Partial Knee Replacement: Partial knee replacement will cost you less because; only the damaged part of your knee either the inside or outside part is replaced.
- Revision Knee Replacement: Cost of Revision Knee Replacement is even higher because it is more complicated and difficult to perform the surgery as surgeons have to remove the original implants.
The affordable price of knee replacement surgery and the range of experienced doctors make India the right place for your knee replacement surgery. For your convenience, we have listed the best knee replacement surgeons in Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore, and Ahmedabad.
What are the additional costs in Knee replacement surgery?
If you are going for any medical treatment then you should be ready for additional cost. These additional costs include pre and post treatment costs.
Before and after knee replacement surgery you might need to undergo some medical tests, treatments and medication.
|Pre surgery tests and treatments||Cost estimation|
|Physical examination||₹500 to ₹1,500|
($7 to $21)
|Blood Coagulation Test||₹300 to ₹500|
($4 to $7)
|MRI Scan||₹1,500 to ₹25,000|
($21 to $360)
|X-rays||₹300 to ₹2,000|
($4 to $29)
|CBC (Complete Blood Count)||₹200 to ₹300|
($3 to $4)
|Joint aspiration||₹200 to 2,000|
($3 to $29)
|Bone Densitometry test||₹1,500 to ₹7,000|
($21 to $100)
|Arthrogram||₹9,000 to ₹15,000|
($129 to $215)
After the knee replacement surgery, you will need some medicines and physiotherapy to regain your knee movement.
|Post –surgery treatments and medicine||Expenses|
|Physiotherapy||₹250 to ₹2,500|
($3 to $36) per session
|Medicines||After surgery doctor will prescribe you some medicines.|
Cost comparison with other countries
Given here is the cost comparison between knee replacement cost in India with cost in various countries:
|Countries||Cost in Rupees||Cost in USD|
|India||₹1,50,000 - ₹3,80,000||$2,152 - $6,757|
|USA||₹25,16,600 - ₹35,23,300||$35,000 - $49,000|
|UK||₹14,38,000 - ₹17,97,600||$20,000 - $25,000|
|Singapore||₹6,97,500 - ₹9,34,800||$9,700 - $13,000|
|Thailand||₹5,75,300 - ₹10,78,600||$8,000 - $15,000|
*These cost may vary depending upon various factors, like type of surgery, implant, hospital charges, etc.
You must be thinking why the cost of knee replacement surgery in India is less?
- Indian currency is lower than USD, pounds and euro, which makes it affordable to undergo knee replacement in India.
- Here, we have a large number of private hospitals that provide quality treatment. Due to increasing competition between hospitals, they offer the treatment at an affordable cost.
- Basically, doctors in India charges comparatively lesser than their counterparts around the world. But let us assure you that the doctors are highly experienced and many of them have international exposure.For your knowledge, we have listed the 10 Best Knee Replacement Surgeon in India.
- Standard of living in India is less than other developed countries. Therefore, accommodation, food, traveling and other expenses in India are lesser than other western countries.
10 Best Knee Replacement Hospital in IndiaKnee replacement is a huge relief to many people suffering from various disorders of knees that bring immense pain and affects day to day life severely. On this page, you will find some of the best knee replacement hospital in India that are fully equipped to perform this procedure due to the latest tools, implants, and infrastructure.
10 Best Knee Replacement Surgeon in IndiaIf you are in search of the best knee replacement surgeon in India, then you have landed on the right page. Knee replacement also known as knee arthroplasty is a surgical process performed to relieve the pain and disability in the knee. In India, knee replacement surgery is performed by the best doctors in the best hospitals which match the International standards of treatment. Also, knee replacement surgeons are skilled and qualified to perform complex knee surgeries using the most modern treatment and surgical methods.