PRP treatment cost in Chennai cost is ₹4,000 to ₹15,000 per session. Entire prp hair treatment cost in Chennai might even go up from ₹16,000 to ₹1,50,000 depending upon the number of sessions you might require.
- Derma roller costs around ₹150to ₹500. It is an addition to PRP cost as it required during every session.
- Low-level Laser Therapy (LLLT) costs about ₹30,000to ₹60,000. It is an additional cost that might be required if the doctor recommends it. This procedure will help stimulate the hair follicles to grow faster.
Usually, 4 - 5 sessions of this treatment are needed in the gaps of 4 - 6 weeks each. Later, 1 - 2 sessions are required every 6 – 12 months to maintain the new hairs from the first few rounds.
First, to check whether a person is fit to undergo the PRP treatment, the doctors run some tests on that person. These tests have costs of their own.
This test generally includes:
- Biopsy of the scalp-In this test, the doctor takes a small part of the scalp of the patient to examine it to check the cause for hair loss.
- HairDX genetic test- It is used to do the analysis of a person’s probability of developing Androgenetic Alopecia, the most common type of hair loss.
- PVC tests- It is done for the diagnosis of any diseases which can cause harm to the patient in the process of treatment.
The costs of these tests for PRP treatment in Chennai are as follows:
|PVC tests||₹146 - ₹400|
|Liver function test(LFT)||₹200-₹1490|
|Renal function test||₹300 - ₹800|
|HbA1c||₹400 - ₹2200|
|Complete Haemogram including Platelet count (CBC)||₹288 - ₹600|
|Anti-HIV||₹615 - ₹5000|
|Anti-Hepatitis C virus(HCV)||₹710 - ₹8500|
|Anti-HBsAg||₹346 - ₹1400|
Factors effective Cost of PRP treatment in Chennai:
- City: The cost of PRP treatment varies between city to city. It relies on which tier city you choose. Like in the case of Chennai (Tier 1 city) the expenses will be more than compared to tier 2 or tier 3 cities.
- Doctor’s Proficiency: A Doctor’s proficiency and experience also decide the cost of PRP treatment. If the Doctor is good at what he/she is doing or the doctor may be a celebrity surgeon then he/she may want more money from you for the treatment.
- Hospital’s and Clinic’s Esteem: Hospitals and clinics also decide the cost of PRP treatment in Chennai. The facility you choose may be a brand facility or has a patent position in the market then they will charge you more for the same.
- Number of sessions required: The cost of PRP treatment also depends on the number of sessions required for the patient. And to decide how many sessions do a patient need is done by the surgeon after seeing the bald patches and the area of the scalp needs to be treated.
- Quality of tools used: The Quality of tools used in the PRP treatment also determines the cost. For instance - There are different types of derma rollers available in the market and their price lies between ₹150 to ₹500. It depends totally upon a patient or a Doctor that which quality of equipment they go for.
Who is eligible for PRP treatment in Chennai?
PRP treatment is the best option for people suffering from the early/first stage of hair loss.
A person suffering from hair thinning and hair fall can look for PRP treatment. PRP treatment is also done after the Hair transplant treatment to promote tissue repair, hair growth and to give strength to the hair nerves. PRP treatment will not work for a completely bald person.
If the person is diagnosed with the below-mentioned problems, then he/she is not eligible for the PRP treatment in Chennai:
- Low platelet count
- Chronic liver and skin disease
- Unstable blood pressure
- Metabolic disorder
- Platelet dysfunction syndromes
- Systemic disorder
- Thyroid disease
What is the method for PRP treatment in Chennai?
1. Blood is drawn out (20ml – 50ml) from the patient’s body using a butterfly needle in a small tube.
2. The tube that contains blood is put into a machine called Centrifuge. Centrifuge rotates the blood tube in a permanent axis to separate the blood components according to their density. This Centrifuge process takes 10 minutes to complete. And once it’s done the different layers of blood can be seen. The blood is separated into 3 layers:
- Red Blood Cells (Base Layer)
- White Blood Cells & Platelets (Centre Layer)
- Platelets Rich Plasma (Top Layer)
3. Then the Platelets Rich Plasma (PRP) layer is filled into a syringe and is injected in the areas where the bald patches appear for the scalp to be treated and to stop hair fall.
After this treatment, a Derma Roller is used. Derma Roller is a small piece of equipment with tiny pointed needles. It is used on the hair scalp area where previously PRP injections were used, to prompt platelet flow.
A patient might also be recommended for undergoing a Low-level Laser Therapy (LLLT) by the Doctor. LLLT is a machine that emits low powered lesser on the head. This process typically takes 20- 40 minutes to complete. LLLT prompt healing and enhances cell function.
Derma roller at first is used by the doctor on the patient’s head. After that, the patient has to use the roller by his/her ownat home. This entire process of PRP treatment takes 60 – 90 minutes. The patient can continue his/her work after a few hours.
There is no real risk involved in PRP treatment because no operation is required in the process, and the injection used in PRP treatment is extracted from the patient’s own body, so there is no real safety issue. But aside from this, a patient can observe some slight effects like:
- Slight bleeding at the injection spot
- Mild pain at the injection spot
- Itching of scalp
- Temporary nerves damage