Kindeny stone doctor advice

Asked anonymously on 21st November, 2021 at 12:33 pm



Member of team ClinicSpots.

Last edited on 7th Dec 2021 at 8:20 am

We are providing general information since your query isn't much elaborate, and may be our knowledge will help you out, so read ahead.


  • For small stones that present with mild symptoms:
    • Only pain relievers, medications and lifestyle modifications will be enough.
  • But for bigger stones with extreme/moderate symptoms, you may have to use surgery or minimally invasive treatments to remove stones, such as:
    • Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy, where sound wave is used to break stones.
    • Percutaneous nephrolithotomy, which involves surgical removal through incisions.
    • Ureteroscope, thin tube-like equipment carrying camera which will help locate stones so that other tools can be used to remove them.
    • Parathyroid gland surgery, which is used to treat phosphate stones are caused by overactive parathyroid glands.
  • No matter what kind of stones you have, we advise:
    • Drinking a lot of water if this is the case.
    • Having a proper diet that is low in salt/animal protein/calcium - but this depends on the type of stones you have.
      Find dieticians - Dietitian/Nutritionists.


Discuss details such as your present/past health, family history of diseases, as well as your current medications & supplements.

For nephrologists - Nephrologists.


Apart from stone composition/location/symptoms produced by them, there's no other criterion to qualify for any treatment mentioned above, but do discuss the risks these surgeries/treatments can carry, and their correction procedures/compensation, as well as experience with past patients and success rate.


For location-specific requirements to find doctors, or any other doubt, do drop us a message anytime you want!

Assistance, Over Call

Provide your details, and our staff will get back to you.