Kidney Stone Treatment Doctors in India
Urology Hospitals in India
Urology questions asked by people
The cost of kidney stone removal surgery in India usually ranges from Rs. 17467 ($219) to Rs. 29272 ($367). However, the amount will depend on several factors. Keep reading to know further what are the factors affecting the cost of the treatment.
Are you considering kidney stone removal surgery in India but are unsure how much it will cost? We have written this article just for you! Kidney stone surgery costs in India can vary depending on the hospital, city, and type of surgery. We have discussed the prices of all these factors in detail!
So make sure you read our article to the end!
Your health is too important to ignore – schedule your appointment now.
Cost in Top Cities
The kidneys filter the blood from waste to create urine. Stones start forming in your kidneys when lesser urine is produced to clear the waste from your body.
One can experience trouble in passing urine and pain in the abdomen. There is also a risk of internal bleeding and infection.
Hence, it is vital to treat kidney stones on time.
The doctor will recommend surgery for kidney stones if other treatments fail.
The average cost of kidney stone removal surgery in India is Rs. 22,119 ($299). However, the amount depends on the following factors:
- The urgency of the case
- The type of surgery, and the procedures used for the treatment.
- The size and position of the stone
- Charges of the surgeon and the facility
- Post-surgery care for the recovery process.
If you are considering kidney stone surgery in India, the first thing that comes to your mind will be how much it will cost.
If that’s the case, then we are here to help you!
Given below are the kidney stone operation costs in the top cities of India:
Comparing the Cost of Kidney Stone Surgery in India with other Countries
India has established itself as among the top destinations for medical tourism in the world.
The main reason behind this is India’s capability to provide world-class treatment at 60 to 70 % lower cost than the top hospitals in the US and Europe.
Below is a comparison of the cost of kidney stone removal surgery in India with other countries.
|Country||Cost in USD|
|India||$1010 - $3800|
|USA||$11500 - $17900|
|UK||$2500 - $8500|
|Turkey||$2100 - $3600|
|Canada||$4500 - $12400|
|Australia||$5000 - $6500|
Note: The above-given costs are estimates. Actual prices may vary depending on the case, the surgeon, the hospital, etc.
Take the first step to recovery. Get in touch with us for your treatment.
Each patient with kidney stones faces different complications and severity. The doctor will choose the surgery procedure on that basis.
There are mainly four kidney stone operation types in India for the removal of kidney stones.
Let’s discuss them to make it easier to choose the suitable option for you!
Types of Surgeries for Kidney Stone Removal
- The surgeon passes a small telescope down the urethra and bladder until it reaches the kidney stone.
- A laser fiber inside the telescope breaks the stone
- Smaller kidney stones are best removed with this method.
- The cost of kidney stone removal by laser (laser lithotripsy) varies widely based on different factors.
- The kidney stone laser surgery cost in India is 1200 USD which is the average Ureteroscopy cost in India.
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL)
- If you have large or unusually shaped kidney stones, your doctor can advise you to have one of these operations.
- A small fiber-optic camera is inserted through a small incision in the back of the patient to enter the kidney.
- The kidney stone is then removed by the surgeon using a tube.
- 1200 USD is the average PCNL surgery in India.
- Shockwave lithotripsy
- A surgeon typically uses this as an outpatient surgery to locate and remove kidney stones.
- The surgeon uses sound waves and X-rays to destroy the stones.
- A person might require multiple operations, including a ureteroscopy, if the surgeon cannot remove all kidney stones.
- The average cost for shockwave lithotripsy in India is Rs. 40,000 - 50,000 per session.
- Open Surgery
- Doctors only suggest open surgery after other methods fail to remove kidney stones.
- A surgeon opens the kidney and ureter through a side incision.
- After that, the stone is located and taken out.
- Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 2,00,000 is the average cost for open surgery in India.
Why should you choose kidney stone surgery in India?
- India has the top surgeons known in this field. They have shown excellent results in their vast career.
- Indian hospitals can perform multiple types of kidney stone removal surgeries at the best standards.
- These hospitals have received accreditations from the top medical organizations of the world.
- The hospitals have the latest surgical equipment to provide precise results.
- Patients can get a medical visa in India as early as two days.
- India is the leading manufacturer and exporter of the best drugs and medicines, lowering the cost of medications.
Your well-being is our priority - call us to book your appointment today.
Disclaimer : The above rates are for reference purpose only and may vary based on different requirements. To know actual rates, please contact us.
How can Clinicspots help you?
Connect on WhatsApp and Video Consultation
Help With Medical Visa
Travel Guidelines & Stay