Mumbai is the prime location in the country for a wide range of cancer treatments. The Cancer hospitals in Mumbai have state-of-art technologies providing the finest medical and surgical treatments for various types of cancers. Below is the list of the 10 best cancer hospitals in Mumbai.
Best Cancer Hospitals in Mumbai
Tata Memorial Hospital
- The largest cancer hospital in Mumbai to have 30,000+ surgeries and 400+ laser surgeries performed by the best oncologists in Mumbai every year.
- 6200+ patients are treated with Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy annually.
- Provides advanced treatments like stem cell transplantation, targeted therapy, hormonal therapy, etc. for all types of cancers.
- The radiation oncology center is equipped with Deep X-ray therapy 220 KV, Linear accelerators, a Robotic system, etc.
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital
Andheri West, Mumbai
Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital
Vileparle West, Mumbai
- Cancer treatment in India became advanced by offering the latest technology and equipment under the guidance of experienced oncologists in the hospital.
- Equipped with the latest technology like MR guided Focused Ultrasound Surgery
- Upgraded with 3 Tesla 32 channel wide-bore MRI scanners, 64 slice PET-CT, etc.
S L Raheja Fortis Hospital
- Is a Centre of Excellence in Oncology and Diabetes with NABH accreditation.
- Has a team of best surgical oncologists who have dealt with major cancer surgeries successfully.
- The radiation oncology department is equipped with modern technologies like Gamma Knife Radiosurgery, Nuclear Medicine, etc.
Peddar Road, Mumbai
- Provides cancer care for pediatric and elderly patients with special concessions.
- Distinct three bedded Bone marrow and stem cell transplantation unit.
- Equipped with modern technologies like CyberKnife, IMRT, IGRT, VMAT, and more.
Charni Road, Mumbai
- An ISO and NABL accredited hospital with highly qualified and skilled oncologists.
- The surgical Oncology team at Saifee performs minimally invasive surgery utilizing the Robotic system.
- The radiation Oncology unit is upgraded with SPECT (Rotating Gamma Camera), 1.5 Tesla MRI, Elite 256 slice CT scan, 40 CT scanner, etc.
Mulund West, Mumbai
- Received JCI accreditation four times, NABL accreditation three times, and NABH accreditation.
- A team of oncologists at the hospital is experienced in Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplantation.
- Access to all the advanced cancer treatments like Immunotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Targeted Therapy, and more can be found at this hospital.
Dr L H Hiranandani Hospital
Diagnostic Lab Service
- Medical Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplant units perform Autologous and Allogenic BMT.
- The radiation oncology unit is equipped with 2/3/4-Dimensional Sonography, 1.5 Tesla MRI, 128 Slice dual-source CT, and Sono-mammography.
- LH Hiranandani Hospital has won numerous awards right from Health excellence to quality and accreditation awards.
Lilavati Hospital And Research Centre
Bandra West, Mumbai
- All the Oncology units are equipped with state-of-art medical infrastructure.
- Radiation oncology department is equipped with modern diagnostics like Gamma scanner, Dual-energy 256 slice CT, 16 slice PET-CT, etc.
Mumbai Central, Mumbai
- Provides treatment for all types of cancer like Thyroid cancer, Liver cancer, Spine cancer, Colo-rectal cancer, etc.
- The oncology unit caters to treatment to both domestic as well as international patients.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the cost of Cancer Treatment in India?
A person cannot determine the cost of cancer treatment in India without having complete knowledge about the patient. On average the cost can range between Rs 5,00,000 to Rs 6,00,000. Know more about cancer treatment costs in India.
2. What factors should one consider while choosing a hospital for cancer treatment?
- Specialization: Before going in for a treatment or consultation, a person should know if there is a cancer specialty available in the hospital on not.
- Technology: Cancer treatment requires advanced technology. Before a person chooses a hospital, he should make sure there is proper technology available in the facility.
- Doctors: A person should find out about the doctors in the hospital and their experience with treatments.
We have created a list of hospitals considering all the factors, for complete information, visit our list of Cancer Hospitals in Bangalore
3. What is the difference between hospitals with NABH accreditation and JCI accreditation?
The international society of quality has approved both of these international healthcare quality standards. NABH (National Accreditation Board for Healthcare Organizations) is an Indian product promoted by the Quality Council of India, whereas JCI (Joint Commission Worldwide) is the international branch of the American Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
As a result of this comparison, the NABH standard is at par with JCI and other worldwide standards approved by ISQua. Both are separated into patient and administrative healthcare parts. The bulk of the JCI and NABH criteria are the same. While not all objective criteria are required in JCI, they are all required in NABH, making it more difficult to achieve.
4. Which will be the best hospital for the oncology department in India?
This is really a tough situation and it's tougher to find hospitals that provide the best-in-class treatment with a team of specialized & experienced doctors. To make this task easy for you we have prepared a list of the Best Oncologists in India. Hope our answer helps you.
5. What is the duration of an Indian Medical Visa?
By default, the Indian government permits this visa to be valid for 60 days. However, India's new visa policy allows for the extension of a paper-based medical visa for up to 180 days. You do not need a Medical Visa if you entered India on an Indian Tourist Visa or an Indian Business Visa and need medical help during your stay in India that was not expected in advance.
Furthermore, you do not need a medical visa for consulting a doctor about your problem. A Medical Visa, on the other hand, is required for treatment. Here is the list of the best medical tourism companies in India for your reference.
6. Why Cancer treatment in India is a better option?
India is developing its technology at a fast phase, and the same is with the medical sector. Here are some reasons why India is the best destination for Cancer treatment:
- Hospitals with international accreditation
- Skilled and experienced doctors
- Affordable treatment
- Advanced technology
- Availability of easy medical visa
- High-quality research and development
Know more information about cancer treatment in India.