Below is the curated list of the best cardiologists in Kolkata, who have a good success rate and excellence in the field of cardiology:
Best Cardiologists in Kolkata
Dr. Arindam Pande
15 years of experience
MBBS, MD, DM, FACC, FRCP (Glasgow)
- A full-time consultant at Apollo Gleneagles Hospital.
- Proficient cardiologist with a special interest in structural heart ailments interventions.
- Expert in coronary angiography, IVC filter implantation, alcohol septal ablation, and peripheral angiography.
- Areas of Interest include implantable cardiac defibrillators (ICD), cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT), balloon mitral valvuloplasty (BMV), and BPV.
Dr. Suvro Banerjee
22 years of experience
MBBS, MD, FACC
- Consultant Interventional Cardiologist at Apollo Gleneagles Hospital.
- Expert in angioplasty, pacemaker implantation, and loop recorder insertion.
- Procedural skills include coronary and peripheral angioplasty, pacemaker, ICD, and CRT implantation.
- The first doctor in Kolkata to successfully use the ICD (Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator) to treat abnormal heart rhythm.
Dr. Bikash Majumder
24 years of experience
MBBS, MD - Medicine, MRCP (UK), Fellowship In Interventional Cardiology, CCT - Cardiology, MD [Research], FRCPCH
- Senior consultant interventional cardiologist at Apollo Gleneagles Hospital.
- Expert in coronary angioplasty (balloon surgery procedure).
- Proficient in ICD Implantation, Pacemaker Implantation, Bypass Surgery, and Coronary Angiography.
- Primary clinical interest in the treatment of heart artery diseases, heart attacks, and heart blocks.
Dr. Rabin Chakraborty
32 years of experience
DM, MBBS, MD
- Senior Vice Chairman at Medica super specialty hospital.
- Board-Certified Physician Cardiologist and Electro Physiologist.
- Specialist in treatments of repeated unconsciousness due to heart failure.
- Uniquely performed Dual Chamber ICD Implantation with a combo device in Hyderabad (2000).
- One of the few Cardiologists who specializes in Heart Rhythm Disorders with Recurrent Palpitations.
- Executed World’s first Rotational Coronary Angiography which was presented in the World Congress of Cardiology in Rio de Janeiro (1998).
Dr. Soumya Patra
16 years of experience
MBBS, MD, DM, FACC
- Well-versed in performing all types of adult and pediatric cardiac interventions.
- Expert in cardiac device implantation (pacemaker, CRT, and ICD).
- Associated with seven international cardiological societies.
- Performed more than 100 angiographies, 200 angioplasties and 150 Electro Physiology Studies.
- Youngest Cardiologist who has been given fellowship from both American College of Cardiology (FACC) and European Society of Cardiology (FESC).
Dr. Ranjan Kumar Sharma
33 years of experience
MBBS, MD, DNB, DM
- First Indian cardiologist to work on the Delta Virus (the virus responsible for causing Hepatitis D) in 1986.
- Expert in the ergo-metric test, arrhythmia, carotid artery stenosis, and non-invasive cardiology.
- Associated with the Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons (IACTS) and Association of Physicians of India (API).
Dr. Swapan Kumar De
25 years of experience
MBBS, MD, DM
- An active member of the Cardiological Society of India (CSI), API, and Indian Society of Electrophysiology.
- Areas of interest include Hypercholesterolemia Treatment, Dyslipidemia, Carotid Artery Disease, Aortic Aneurysm Surgery / Endovascular Repair, and Ergometric test.
- Performed more than 3,000 angioplasties, 15,000 pacemaker implantations, 20,000 angiographies, 4000 Electro Physiological studies, 1000 Radio Frequency Ablations and 100 CRT & ICD devices.
Dr. Raja Nag
10 years of experience
MBBS, MD, DNB
- Proficient Interventional Cardiologist practicing at Apollo Gleneagles Hospital.
- Expert in Coronary Angiogram, Pacemaker Implantation, Cardiac Catheterization, Pacemaker Checking.
- Areas of interest include Rheumatic Heart Disease Treatment, Coronary Angiography, and Coronary Angioplasty.
Dr. Amal Kumar Khan
28 years of experience
MBBS, MNMAS, MD, DM
- Senior Consultant Cardiologist at North City Hospital and AMRI Hospital.
- Expert in Myocardial Infarction and Angina Pectoris.
- An active member of the Cardiological Society of India.
- Procedural skills include Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair and heart failure management.
Dr. Kuntal Bhattacharya
7 years of experience
MBBS, MD, DM
- Consultant Interventional Cardiologist at NH Rabindranath Tagore Hospital.
- Expert in Coronary angiography, coronary angioplasty, and pacemaker implantation.
- Performed more than 4000 Cath lab procedures, 400 PTCA (radial and femoral route, left main, bifurcation, primary), PCI, and IVUS guided PCI.