Below is the curated list of the best cardiologists in Kolkata, who have a good success rate and excellence in the field of cardiology:
Best Cardiologists in Kolkata
Dr. Arindam Pande
17 years of experience
FRCP (Glasgow), FACC, DM, MD, MBBS
- A full-time consultant at Apollo Gleneagles Hospital.
- Proficient cardiologist with a special interest in structural heart ailments interventions.
- Expert in coronary angiography, IVC filter implantation, alcohol septal ablation, and peripheral angiography.
- Areas of Interest include implantable cardiac defibrillators (ICD), cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT), balloon mitral valvuloplasty (BMV), and BPV.
Dr. Suvro Banerjee
24 years of experience
FACC, MD, MBBS
- Consultant Interventional Cardiologist at Apollo Gleneagles Hospital.
- Expert in angioplasty, pacemaker implantation, and loop recorder insertion.
- Procedural skills include coronary and peripheral angioplasty, pacemaker, ICD, and CRT implantation.
- The first doctor in Kolkata to successfully use the ICD (Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator) to treat abnormal heart rhythm.
Dr. Bikash Majumder
26 years of experience
FRCPCH, CCT - Cardiology, MD [Research], Fellowship In Interventional Cardiology, MRCP (UK), MD - Medicine, MBBS
- Senior consultant interventional cardiologist at Apollo Gleneagles Hospital.
- Expert in coronary angioplasty (balloon surgery procedure).
- Proficient in ICD Implantation, Pacemaker Implantation, Bypass Surgery, and Coronary Angiography.
- Primary clinical interest in the treatment of heart artery diseases, heart attacks, and heart blocks.
Dr. Rabin Chakraborty
34 years of experience
MD, MBBS, DM
- Senior Vice Chairman at Medica super specialty hospital.
- Board-Certified Physician Cardiologist and Electro Physiologist.
- Specialist in treatments of repeated unconsciousness due to heart failure.
- Uniquely performed Dual Chamber ICD Implantation with a combo device in Hyderabad (2000).
- One of the few Cardiologists who specializes in Heart Rhythm Disorders with Recurrent Palpitations.
- Executed World’s first Rotational Coronary Angiography which was presented in the World Congress of Cardiology in Rio de Janeiro (1998).
Dr. Soumya Patra
18 years of experience
FACC, DM, MD, MBBS
- Well-versed in performing all types of adult and pediatric cardiac interventions.
- Expert in cardiac device implantation (pacemaker, CRT, and ICD).
- Associated with seven international cardiological societies.
- Performed more than 100 angiographies, 200 angioplasties and 150 Electro Physiology Studies.
- Youngest Cardiologist who has been given fellowship from both American College of Cardiology (FACC) and European Society of Cardiology (FESC).
Dr. Ranjan Kumar Sharma
35 years of experience
DM, DNB, MD, MBBS
- First Indian cardiologist to work on the Delta Virus (the virus responsible for causing Hepatitis D) in 1986.
- Expert in the ergo-metric test, arrhythmia, carotid artery stenosis, and non-invasive cardiology.
- Associated with the Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons (IACTS) and Association of Physicians of India (API).
Dr. Swapan Kumar De
27 years of experience
DM, MD, MBBS
- An active member of the Cardiological Society of India (CSI), API, and Indian Society of Electrophysiology.
- Areas of interest include Hypercholesterolemia Treatment, Dyslipidemia, Carotid Artery Disease, Aortic Aneurysm Surgery / Endovascular Repair, and Ergometric test.
- Performed more than 3,000 angioplasties, 15,000 pacemaker implantations, 20,000 angiographies, 4000 Electro Physiological studies, 1000 Radio Frequency Ablations and 100 CRT & ICD devices.
Dr. Raja Nag
12 years of experience
DNB, MD, MBBS
- Proficient Interventional Cardiologist practicing at Apollo Gleneagles Hospital.
- Expert in Coronary Angiogram, Pacemaker Implantation, Cardiac Catheterization, Pacemaker Checking.
- Areas of interest include Rheumatic Heart Disease Treatment, Coronary Angiography, and Coronary Angioplasty.
Dr. Amal Kumar Khan
30 years of experience
DM, MNMAS, MD, MBBS
- Senior Consultant Cardiologist at North City Hospital and AMRI Hospital.
- Expert in Myocardial Infarction and Angina Pectoris.
- An active member of the Cardiological Society of India.
- Procedural skills include Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair and heart failure management.
Dr. Kuntal Bhattacharya
9 years of experience
DM, MD, MBBS
- Consultant Interventional Cardiologist at NH Rabindranath Tagore Hospital.
- Expert in Coronary angiography, coronary angioplasty, and pacemaker implantation.
- Performed more than 4000 Cath lab procedures, 400 PTCA (radial and femoral route, left main, bifurcation, primary), PCI, and IVUS guided PCI.
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions & Answers on "Cardiologist" (108)
As per my understanding, the patient is having LVEF 10% and is walking and talking normally (leading a normal active healthy life). To me it seems to one of the rare case where a person having LVEF 10% and leading active healthy life. You should consult a cardiologist and get the ECHO repeated either there may a mistake in the previous report or if it's a miracle then it should be studied further. Get in touch with experts from Best Cardiologists in Mumbai, or page of any other city. Hope our answer helps you.
As per my understanding, the patient seems to have triple vessel disease and the doctor has put one stent, but two other arteries having 100% blockage are left untreated. The ideal treatment for triple vessel disease is CABG, but there may be some more underlying factors due to which the cardiologist may have advise against CABG. You can always take a second opinion from other cardiologists, who on evaluating the patient and the reports will guide and clear all your doubts. Consult some of the Best Cardiologists in Mumbai, or any other city. Hope our answer helps you.
Takayasu's arteritis is a rare type of vasculitis disease. In Takayasu's arteritis, the inflammation damages the aorta, the pulmonary artery and major arteries that arise from the aorta. TA is also known as aortic arch syndrome. Treatment is medications and surgical approach like bypass, vessel widening and aortic valve repair or replacement. Regarding the symptoms experienced, you need to consult a cardiologist. Let him evaluate the patient and guide you accordingly. You can also refer to other experts for their second opinions - 10 Best Cardiologist in India.
Cardiomyopathy is a progressive disease of the myocardium (or heart muscle). It results in compensated pumping of blood to the body. Symptoms which patient complains of are palpitations, chest pain, dyspnea, swelling of feet, ankles, legs and more. Treatment depends on severity of heart damage and associated symptoms. The goal of treatment is to improve efficiency of heart and to prevent further damage. These treatments will improve quality of life. Lifestyle changes are very important like eating right food, good and enough sleep, stress management, counselling. Regular follow up with doctor is important. Take a cardiologist opinion and get re-evaluated. Her reports you mentioned are good but still reconsider the case with help of a cardiologist. They will clinically correlate her symptoms to reports and then reach a conclusion. Additionally, you can also connect with experts for second opinions, through our page - 10 Best Cardiologist in India.
As per my understanding you are a 30 years old male with high cholesterol levels, for which you have started the treatment, you want to know for how long you will have to take the medicine for same, and possible side effects of same. For this, you should consult a cardiologist and you can discuss in detail about the medications and also have a clear idea about various options and available medicines that best suits you. In general these medications are taken for quite some time and do not have much of side effects. But of course if you do have some discomfort then you can consult a cardiologist, and get an appropriate medication for the same. For cardiologists you can refer this page - 10 Best Cardiologist in India.