Below is the rundown of the best cardiologists in Mumbai to make your journey of finding the best doctor and treatment easier:
Best Cardiologists in Mumbai
Dr. S. A. Merchant
34 years of experience
MBBS, MD - Medicine, DNB - Cardiology, Clinical Fellow, DM - Cardiology, Visiting fellow, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Diplomat National Board of Cardiology,
- Consultant Cardiologist,
- Fellow of the American Society of Cardiac Angography & Intervention
- Specialist in: Angiography, Coronary Angioplasty, Stents
- Expertise: Cardiac Catheterisation and Angiography, Coronary Angioplasty with drug eluting stents, Valvuloplasties, Carotid and Real stenting.
Dr. (Prof) Vijay Bang
35 years of experience
MBBS, MD, DM
- Senior Interventional Cardiologist
- Lilavati Hospital and Research Center, Bandra, Mumbai
- Specialist in angiography, complex angioplasty, Valve Interventions and Pacemakers.
- Experience of more than 10000 angioplasty and other therapeutic interventions over 35 years. Winner of National and International Awards in the field of interventional Cardiology.
- Founding Chair and Director Of INDIA ACT CONFERENCE and INTERNATIONAL CARDIOLOGY CME
Dr. Ashwin B Mehta
58 years of experience
- Performed 10,000+ angioplasties and 50,000+ angiographies.
- Honored with the prestigious Padma Shri National Award in 2004.
- Pioneered Cardiac catheterization and angiography in newborn babies.
- First Cardiologist to introduce bundle electrography in India and primary angioplasty in acute myocardial infarction with the first systemic trial.
- Special procedural skills include coronary interventions, rotablation, balloon valvotomy, transcatheter, and aortic valve replacement.
Dr. Lekha Pathak
48 years of experience
MBBS, MD - General Medicine, DM - Cardiology
- First woman interventional cardiologist in India and second woman interventional cardiologist in the world.
- Expert in Left Main Stenting, Coronary and Non-Coronary Interventions.
- Areas of interest include Carotid Angioplasty and Stenting and Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery.
- Honored with a Lifetime achievement award by Ex. President APJ Abdul Kalam in 2008.
Dr. Snehal Kothari
22 years of experience
MD - Medicine, DM - Cardiology, DNB - Cardiology, Fellowship In Interventional Cardiology, FACC, FCAPSC (Singapore), FESC, FSCAI
- Areas of interest include Clinical Cardiology, Non - Invasive and Invasive Cardiology.
- Expert in Chest Pain Treatment, Clinical Cardiology, Heart Conditions.
- Honored with fellowships from the American College of Cardiology, European Society of Cardiology, Asian-Pacific Society of Cardiology, and Society for Cardiovascular Angiography & Intervention.
Dr. Ajit Desai
40 years of experience
MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine, DM - Cardiology
- Rich experience in pediatric and adult non-invasive and interventional cardiology.
- Specializations include Coronary and Peripheral Angiography, Angioplasty, and Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty.
- Proficient in Cardiac Catheterizations, 2-D Echocardiography, Stress Testing, Vector Cardiography, Apexcardiography.
Dr. Prakash Sanzgiri
31 years of experience
MBBS, MD - Cardiology, DM - Cardiology
- Performs 300+ interventional cardiology procedures, 100+ angioplasties and implants, and 8-10 dual-chamber pacemakers yearly.
- Expert in cardiogenic shock and cardiac arrhythmias.
- Areas of interest include critical care cardiology and management of acute myocardial infarction.
Dr. Sandip Rane
35 years of experience
MBBS, MD - Medicine, DM - Cardiology
- Expert Interventional Cardiologist practicing at Mumbai Heart Clinic.
- Areas of interest include heart failure and pulmonary hypertension.
- Performed more than 2000 complex angioplasties.
- Specialties include Congenital heart defects, coronary artery diseases, heart failure, valvular heart diseases.
Dr. Pavan Kumar
32 years of experience
MBBS, MS - General Surgery, MCh - Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, F.I.A.C.S
- Honorary Consultant Cardiac Surgeon at Lilavati hospital.
- Known as the best heart surgeon with a success rate of 99%.
- Performed over 12,000 open-heart operations and 22,000 cardiovascular procedures.
- One of the first doctors to perform beating heart surgery for CABG.
- The first cardiologist in India to use MECC (Micro Extra Corporeal System).
Dr. Pritesh Punjabi
15 years of experience
MBBS, MD - Medicine, Fellowship In Interventional Cardiology, Interventional Fellow- Interventional Cardiology, DM - Cardiology
- Chief Cardiology Consultant at ACE heart clinic.
- Expert in Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis, Cardiology Consultation, Electro Cardiography.
- Areas of interest include 2D-Echocardiography and Color Doppler, Pediatric Echocardiography.
- An active member of the Indian Medical Association (IMA) and an International Associate of European Society of Cardiology.