Plastic surgery is divided into two major categories, reconstructive surgery (which includes knee surgery, laser surgery, facial surgery, burn treatments, and so on) and cosmetic or aesthetic surgery. Surgeons use cosmetic surgery concepts to improve the look of a certain part of the body. These plastic surgeons mentioned below are a few of the best who are best in the field.
List of Top 10 Best Plastic Surgeons in Mumbai - Updated 2022
Dr. Leena Jain
9 years of experience
MCh, MS, MBBS
- Special interest in replantation- restoring circulation in amputated or severed hands and fingers/toes.
- Expertise in Breast reconstruction after Cancer surgeries.
- She visits many reputed hospitals, where she is known as one of the best Plastic surgeon in Mumbai.
Dr. Parag Telang
14 years of experience
Fellowship in Breast Reconstruction, Fellowship in Aesthetic Medicine, MCh - Plastic Surgery, MS - General Surgery, MBBS
- Director of Designer Bodyz.
- Bestowed with HT Healthcare Award for 3rd Best in Hair Transplant in India, 2018.
- Honoured with India Today Excellence Healthcare Awards, 2018.
- He is awarded Page3 Awards for Cosmetic Surgeon of the year, 2018.
Dr. Kalpana Sarangi
26 years of experience
MD - Dermatology, MBBS
- Former Physician to the President of India Mr. V V Giri.
- Key member in launching Beauty and Cosmetic products in India like "Head & Shoulder", "OLAY 7", and "Pantene" as a Scientific Advisor.
- She is currently on board of P&G, Gillette, Indiwo.com, Aditya Birla Group, etc. as Scientific Advisor.
- She won Pantene Shine Award as one of the Six Beauty & Grooming Experts in India, 2006.
- Member of IADVL and IMA.
Dr. Tushar Thorat
13 years of experience
International Fellow In Microsurgery and Aesthetic Surgery, Post Doctoral Fellowship in Craniofacial Surgery, DNB - Plastic Surgery, MCh - Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, MS - General Surgery, MBBS
Dr. Kiran Katkar
32 years of experience
MD, DDV, MBBS
- European Masters in Aesthetic & Antiaging - Paris, 2006.
- Registrar and Lecturer at Sir J J Group of Hospitals.
- Owner of Dr Kiran Katkar's Dermis Skin Wellness Clinic Lase.
- Member of American Academy of Dermatology (AAD).
Dr. Vikas Kumar Verma
21 years of experience
MCh - Plastic Surgery, MRCS (UK), MS - General Surgery, MBBS
- Awarded as Best Plastic Surgeon in Mumbai at the Global Healthcare Awards, 2014.
- Prominent member of Association of plastic surgeons of India.
- He went on to do MRCS (UK) from Royal College Of Surgeons, England.
Dr. Umang Kothari
9 years of experience
DNB - Plastic Surgery, MS - General Surgery, MBBS
- Medical officer of Plastic surgery at JJ Hospital.
- Member of Indian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons.
Dr. Aamod Rao
13 years of experience
DNB - Plastic Surgery, Fellowship in Cosmetic Surgery, MS - General Surgery, MBBS
- Fellowship Aesthetic Surgeon, Brazil.
- Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon at Redefine Cosmetic Surgery Studio.
- Member of Indian Association of Plastic Surgeon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions & Answers on "Plastic Surgeon" (141)
Plastic Surgeon in Mumbai
We live in an age where everyone is connected with the help of social media and looking presentable has become a compulsion especially in urban areas because of which plastic surgeon in Mumbai are in great demand.
Plastic surgery is a vast field of medicine that incorporates reconstructive surgery and aesthetic surgery. Here, the doctor not only repairs and reconstructs physical defects but also provides aesthetic surgery to remove or improve the shortcomings related to your physical appearance.
There is no doubt that Mumbai is the best city when it comes to medical treatment. It has top class hospitals and clinics and the best medical practitioners.
The residents of Mumbai are very progressive and in sync with the world in terms of fashion and lifestyle. They are savvy, modern and in tune with the latest developments.
It has been noted that they are very open to the idea of consulting the best plastic surgeon in Mumbai for finding the best solution to rectify their defects.
The services offered by the top plastic surgeons in Mumbai are:
- Skin grafts for burn victims
- Treatment for cleft palate and lip
- Cancer reconstruction
- A bone fixation and tissue repair for maxillofacial and hand trauma
- Surgical cosmetic surgery such as scar revision, rhinoplasty, breast augmentation or reduction, facelift and liposuction
- Non-surgical cosmetic surgeries include chemical peels, Botox injections and laser resurfacing
In India, Mumbai, Delhi, and Bangalore, are some of the major cities for cosetic surgeries. But If you are looking for options outside India, then Turkey has proven to be the most popular destination in terms of cost and quality. It is flourishing in the field of medical tourism owing to various cosmetic surgeries such as rhinoplasty, liposuction, facelift, tummy tuck, BBL Surgery and more.
In recent decades, even turkey has grown exponentially in the field of medical tourism, attracting around 3-4 lakh tourists annually. Thanks to surgeries such as - liposuction, gynecomastia, breast reduction, BBL, tummy tuck, and more. This directly correlates with the high level of investments that Turkey puts in quality checks and in providing leisure options to the tourists. Refer this article for more insights on plastic surgery in Turkey.
- What is the role of a plastic surgeon?
As mentioned earlier, a plastic surgeon not only provides cosmetic procedures but also specializes in reconstructive techniques.
Many plastic surgeons specialize in reconstructive surgery where they provide treatment to people who have damaged their skin, muscles and bone due to injury, accident or illness. They treat people with defects such as circumstantial or congenital deformity.
Their work involves rebuilding the patient's face or bones so that they regain their natural appearance or help restore the functions of the body part.
Others are cosmetic plastic surgeons who help maintain or regain the aesthetic beauty of a person. They offer treatments which help to enhance your outer appearance.
- Is plastic surgery a costly procedure?
It depends on the type of treatment you are opting for. But on the whole, plastic surgery in Mumbai cost is highly competitive and you can avail the best treatment at very nominal rates. You can get the best deal for plastic surgery costs in Mumbai for the face.
The cost of the treatment greatly depends on the experience and popularity of the plastic surgeon in Mumbai and the location.
Beware of low-cost plastic surgery in Mumbai as the clinics are not registered and the infrastructure is also poor where they pay little attention to your safety.
- Are plastic surgeons in Mumbai the best in the country?
You see, Mumbai the financial capital of India attracts the best doctors and surgeons including plastic surgeons as they get a great opportunity here. The plastic surgeon in Mumbai caters to celebrity clientele which comprises of actors and models. Also, Mumbai being a world city has a lot of expatriate living here and there is a high influx of international tourists who are open to the idea of having cosmetic treatments while visiting this wonderful city.
Apart from this, the plastic surgeons here are excellent in their field having vast knowledge and know about of all the procedures while maintaining the privacy of the patients.
If you want to know more about plastic surgery just - Click Here