Below is the listing of the best cardiologists in Bangalore who are absolutely efficient and experienced in the field of cardiology:
Best Cardiologists in Bangalore
Dr. Kiron Varghese
38 years of experience
Fellowship In Interventional Cardiology, DM, MD, MBBS
- Head of the Department of Cardiology, and Chief Interventional Cardiologist at St. John Medical College and Hospital.
- Areas of expertise include Pacemaker Implantation, Carotid Angioplasty & Stenting, and Cardioversion.
- Skilled in treating Hypertension, Heart Failure, Atherosclerosis, Atrial Fibrillation, Myocardial Infarction, Aorta Heart Catheterization, and Hypercholesterolemia.
- An active member of the Association of Physicians of India (API).
Dr. Somalaram Venkatesh
18 years of experience
DM, MD, MBBS
- Executed 8,000+ Diagnostic Catheterizations & over 2,500+ interventional procedures.
- Proficient in Pediatric diagnostic & Interventional procedures, and ASD & PDA device closures.
- Areas of interest include Central peripheral interventions like Aortic Stent Grafting for both Thoracic & Abdominal aorta for Dissections & Aneurysms.
- Skillset includes all types of Coronary Angioplasties including Primary & Complex Coronary Interventions like Bifurcations, Total Occlusions, and, Graft Angioplasties.
Dr. Prabhakara Shetty Heggunje
39 years of experience
DM, MD, MBBS
- Board-Certified Cardiologist and Head of the Department of Cardiology in Columbia Asia Hospital.
- Expert in managing heart attacks with large clot burden which is nationally recognized.
- Special interests include preventive cardiology, acute myocardial infarction, and complex coronary interventions.
- Specializations include complex multiple vessel coronary interventions, carotid stenting, and peripheral vascular procedures.
- Honored with a fellowship from the American College of Cardiology and the Society of Cardiac Angiography and Interventions.
- An active member of the Cardiological Society of India and the Cardiovascular Society of India.
Dr. S. S. Iyengar
52 years of experience
FRCP, DM - Cardiology, MD - General Medicine, MBBS
- Consultant Cardiologist at Manipal Hospital.
- Performed over 1,000+ Coronary Angiograms & PTCA procedures.
- Areas of interest include dealing with prevention, diagnosis, and interventional treatment of heart, Balloon Angioplasty & Angiography procedure, Heart Pacemaker, and Stent surgery.
Dr. Girish Navasundi
14 years of experience
DNB, MD, MBBS
- Senior Consultant & Interventional Cardiologist at Apollo Hospitals.
- Performed 5,000+ Angiograms and 1,500+ Angioplasties, including both Coronary and Peripheral.
- The first cardiologist in Bangalore to execute Absorbable Stent in private healthcare sector and implant MRI compatible AICD system.
- Procedural skills include Coronary Angioplasty, Coronary Angiography, Peripheral Angioplasty, Cardiac Ablation, Pacemaker Surgery, and Cardioversion.
- Areas of interest include the usage of IABP, Distal Embolization & Protection Devices, Covered Stents, IVC Filters, Thrombectomy, Intravascular Thrombolysis, Embolectomy, and AICD Implantation.
Dr. Deepak Krishnamurthy
21 years of experience
DNB, MD, MBBS
- Senior Consultant Interventional Cardiologist at Sakra World Hospital.
- Core work includes emergency primary angioplasty and complex angioplasties.
- Adept in device closure procedures for Atrial and Ventricular septal defects (ASD/VSD) and PDA.
- Performed 500+ Balloon Mitral Commissurotomies, 100+ Pacemaker Implantations, 1000+ Coronary Angioplasties, 2000+ Diagnostic Angiograms, and Cath Studies, 1000+ Cardiac Emergencies, and over 1000+ Transesophageal Echocardiograms.
- Areas of interest include preventive cardiology and evidence-based management of hypertension, heart failure, and lifestyle-related cardiac diseases.
Dr. B. Ramesh
35 years of experience
DM - Cardiology, MD - Cardiology, MBBS
- Consultant Interventional cardiologist at Apollo Hospital.
- Expert in Angioplasty, Balloon Mitral Valvotomy, and Alcohol Septal Ablation.
- Operated over 5,000+ Angioplasties, 500+ Device Closures, and 7,000+ Balloon Mitral Valvotomies.
- The first doctor in India to operate 132 Percutaneous Transluminal Septal Myocardial Ablation for Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy.
Dr. Shivanand S Patil
22 years of experience
FICC, FESC, Fellow of Society for Coronary Angiography and Interventions (USA), DM, MD, MBBS
- Consultant Cardiologist at Greenview Medical Center, Apollo Hospital.
- Performed 15,000+ Cath lab procedures both diagnostic and interventional.
- Expert in Coronary Angiogram, Coronary Angioplasties, Mitral Valvuloplasty & Implant Pacemakers.
- Skillset includes interpreting complex rhythm abnormalities of heart, analyzing Holter monitoring, TMT, 2D Echocardiography & Transesophageal Echocardiography.
- An active member of the Cardiological Society of India, Indian College of Cardiology and, Indian Academy of Echocardiography.
Dr. Divakar Bhat
31 years of experience
MCh - Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, MS - General Surgery, MBBS
- Chief Cardiothoracic Surgeon at Mallya Hospital.
- Known for his innovative procedure, The Beating Heart Surgery, which helps to recover faster from an operation.
- Performed 100+ heart-lung transplants as a Chief Surgeon and 3,500 heart operations, 6,000 operations as an Assistant Surgeon.
- Honored with a fellowship in Heart Lung Transplant surgery from St. Vincent's Hospital, Sydney.
Dr. Kavya Mallikarjun
15 years of experience
FNB - Pediatric Cardiology, MD - Pediatrics, MBBS