Kidney plays a vital role in human body functioning, kidney needs the best care. An experienced nephrologist can guarantee you the best kidney treatment. It might be difficult to find the best Nephrologist from many. So, the list of best Nephrologist in Kolkata is here for you.
Nephrologists in Kolkata
Dr. Abhijit Taraphder
40 years of experience
Fellowship, DM - Nephrology, MD - Medicine, MBBS
- Expert in Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), Adult Nephrology, Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD), Dialysis / Haemodialysis and Kidney Stones etc.
- WHO Fellowship from University of Minnesota, USA.
- Member of Indian Society of Nephrology.
Dr. Arup Dutta
38 years of experience
FRCP, DM - Nephrology, MD - Medicine, MBBS
- Expertise in latest technologies such as Chronic Peritoneal Dialysis, CRRT and Plasmapheresisetc.
- Accomplished successful long term(10-12years) dialysis for many patients.
- Extensive experience in spousal donor transplantation and Induction immune-suppression
- Gold Medalist in MBBS from Calcutta Medical College.
- Served in key positions like Scientific Committee Member and Zonal Representative and Secretary of the Eastern Zone of Indian Society of Nephrology.
Dr. Lalit Kumar Agarwal
31 years of experience
DM - Nephrology
- Adult Nephrology, Nephrotic Syndrome, Urinary Problems, Diabetes, Acute Renal Failure, Dialysis & Chronic Kidney Disease
- ISN Fellow in Nephrology from St. George's Hospital, Sydney, Australia
- Clinical Fellow in Nephrology from The Toronto Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Member of Indian Society of Nephrology, Peritoneal Dialysis, Organ-Transplantation, International Society of Nephrology etc.
Dr. Rajiv Sinha
28 years of experience
FRCPCH, MRCP (UK), MD - Pediatrics, MBBS
- Expertise in Pediatric Kidney transplantation and Chronic Kidney.
- 5 years of higher specialist training under London Deanery
- Obtained dual certification in Pediatric Nephrology (CCT).
- Worked in UK and obtained FRCPCH.
- Work experience from many international institutes.
Dr. Sandip Bhattacharyya
28 years of experience
- Major area of specialization Renal Biopsy, UTI, Transplant Nephrology, CKD, Glomerular Disease, Bone disease related to kidney disease etc.
- Member of International Society of Nephrology, American Society of Nephrology, European Renal Association.
Dr. Suchandro Das
26 years of experience
MRCP (UK), MBBS
- Expert in Kidney transplantation, Glomerulonephritis, Dialysis, Vasculitis etc.
- Experienced from extensive practice in the UK.
- Nephrology training and obtain his MRCP from UK.
Dr. P s Mukherjee
23 years of experience
FRCP, FASN, MRCP (UK), MBBS
- 10 years of experience in World's leading Hospitals in London, Manchester and Cambridge in UK and USA.
- Expertise in Acute and ITU based Multi organ, Kidney failures requiring Dialysis , SLED , CRRT and other very specialized treatments under critical care Monitoring.
Dr. Jayanta Dutta
22 years of experience
DM, DM - Nephrology, MBBS
- Kidney Disease, Peritoneal Dialysis, Acute Renal Failure, Renal Angioplasty & Stenting, Renal Biopsy and Adult Nephrology and Chronic Kidney Disease are some of the key area of interest.
- Member of Indian Academy of Nephrology, Indian Society of Nephrology, American Society of Nephrology, and International Society of Nephrology.
Dr. Manish Kumar Jain
21 years of experience
DM - Nephrology, MD - General Medicine, MBBS
- Expertise in Kidney Failure Treatment, Renal (Kidney) Surgery, Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) treatment, Laparoscopic Nephrectomy and Ureteroscopy (URS) etc.
- Pursued his MD from RCPSG-England.
- Member of West Bengal Medical Council.
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions & Answers on "Nephrologist" (13)
You need to get a USG of Abdomen done and a urine routine examination. For detailed information You need to consult Best Nephrologist in Thane.
If the problem is severe you should consult a best Urologist in India to get things cleared.
Chronic kidney disease is usually a progressive disease and tends to progress over time. But inspite of having it patient can be maintained in a reasonably good health with proper medication, diet and routine Nephrologist's consultation. I request you to reach to a nephrologist near you for treatment optimisation.
you need to visit emergency department if your bp is more than 180/100 and having symptoms like headache for properly evaluation and management of your condition. This could be hypertensive emergency and needs immediate ecg and bp lowering medication to avoid possible complications.