Dentistry deals with issues related to the mouth cavity. The prevalence of dental problems around the globe is very high. Mostly the diseases are related to damage to teeth or gum problems.
The most common problems and their treatments are listed below;
- Restoration of teeth/ dental fillings - is a procedure where the actual missing tooth is again restored, and a dental implant is fitted to mimic the real tooth.
- Dental extraction/ Exodontia- is the elimination of teeth from the dental socket which has undergone decay, periodontal issue, or any external injury.
- Scaling and root planing- is a technique where the plaque is removed, and then the smoothening of the exposed surface of the root is performed.
- Root Canal- is a way to treat the decayed pulp of the teeth.
- Cosmetic dentistry- is used to enhance the way your teeth look. It beautifies the teeth by changing is color, shape, size, and arrangement.