Dentistry is concerned with oral cavity and dental problems. They are pervasive all around the world. The diseases are usually caused because of not following proper dental care routine .
The following are the most prevalent issues and their dental treatments:
- Cosmetic dentistry: It is concerned with the betterment of the mouth, teeth, and smile.
- Endodontics: It is the study illness of dental pulp and periapical tissues, as well as root canal therapy.
- Geriatric dentistry: The diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of issues associated during normal and age related ageing.
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery (oral surgery): Removal, implantation and treatments of the jaws, mouth and face.
- Oral Implantology: The art and science of replacing lost teeth with teeth implants.
- Orthodontics: The straightening of teeth and modifies midface and mandibular growth.
- Periodontology: They are studied and treated, as well as the placement and care of dental implants.
- Prosthodontics : Dental bridge problems, dentures, and implant restoration.
- Restoration of teeth/dental fillings - is a treatment in which the missing tooth is restored, and a dental implant is placed to replace it.
- Exodontia (dental extraction) removes teeth from the tooth socket due to severe tooth decay, periodontal disease, or external injury.
- Scaling and root planing technique involves removing plaque and then smoothing the exposed root surface.
- A root canal is a treatment for bad tooth decay.