- One of the most experienced and skilled dermatologists in Manipal Hospitals Goa.
- International Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology.
- Specialized in Laser Hair removal, skin allergies etc.
Hair Transplant in Goa, 7 Results
Dr. Chandrashekhar C. R
40 years of experience
Dr. Mahesh Naik
38 years of experience
- A respected skilled doctor who is specialized in thyroid surgery, breast surgery, surgery for varicose veins and many more.
- Presented many papers in various conferences pertaining to his field of medical science.
- Very dedicated towards his profession and his knowledge of advanced technology in medicine helps him to treat his patients better.
Dr. Brenda Nazareth Menezes
32 years of experience
MBBS, MD, Diploma in Dermatology
- Completed education from prominent Institutes in the Goa
- Alumni of Gomal Medical college Pakistan.
- Offers services like Skin Allergies, anti-ageing Treatment, Dermoscopy, Facial Rejuvenation Treatment and Skin Tag Treatment to the patients
Dr. Manish Patel
30 years of experience
MBBS, MS, MS
- A well-known name in the field of Aesthetic & Plastic Surgery.
- Conducted 4000+ surgeries like cosmetic breast surgery, liposuction abdomen, thighs & hips, Rhinoplasty etc.
- Expert in the technique of computer imaging to carry out facial cosmetic surgery.
- An active member of prestigious associations like the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSI)
Dr. Vasco D'silva
26 years of experience
- Alumni of prestigious institutions of the country.
- Updates his knowledge about the latest advancements in the field of medical science by attending seminars and conferences
- practices at Manipal Hospitals in Goa as Consultant General Surgery
- His 40+ publications are published in international and national journals.
Dr. Peter Savio Da'cruz
11 years of experience
MBBS, MS, MCh
- A skilled cosmetic surgeon with extensive experience in the field of Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery.
- Conducted 2500+ successful Plastic and Cosmetic surgeries like Facelift, Breast Tummy tuck, Hair transplant, and difficult reconstructive surgeries
- Expertise in microsurgical skills from the esteemed Ganga Hospital(Asia's highest volume trauma centre).
- Pre-MRCS affiliate of The Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh.
- Has various national awards, publications and presentations in the field of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr. Reshu Sharma Vernekar
7 years of experience
- Respected member of Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists (IADVL) and Goa Dermatologist Association.
- Awarded for Displaying the value of Customer first at Business Excellence Conference – 2014
- Owner at Dr. Reshu's Skin Solutions
More about Hair Transplant Surgery:
Techniques of Hair Transplant
FUT Hair Transplant:
FUT is the mainstream method of hair transplant which is also called strip harvesting method.
- Here, the strip of your skin containing hair is extracted from the donor area of your scalp.
- After dissecting, the hair follicles are then implanted in the bald region of your scalp.
- If your baldness level is high, i.e. if you need large number of grafts to cover the bald area then FUT hair transplant is the best method.
- The disadvantage of this is, it leaves linear scar on the back of your scalp and the recovery period is more.
FUE Hair Transplant:
FUE is a modern and most favoured method of hair transplant.
- In this method, your hair follicles are extracted from the back of your scalp one by one using a punch.
- These follicular graft units are inserted into the incisions made on the bald area of the scalp.
- It leaves no visible scars and has less recovery period.
Robotic Hair Transplant :
Robotic hair transplant is similar to FUE Hair Transplant, but it is automated.
- Image visualization and robotic limb are used for extraction of hair follicular graft units.
- Grafts are extracted using double punch method which makes them easy to extract.
- The hair transplant surgeon manually inserts the grafts in recipient region.
- Robotic hair transplant is said to give successful results.
Direct Hair Implant is a modern and advanced method of hair transplant.
- In this method, a patented tool known as an implanter is used for implantation of hair in the recipient region i.e. bald areas of your scalp.
- DHI provides greater density of transplanted hair.
- The recovery time for DHI is very less.
- It is a painless technique of hair transplant which gives very accurate results.
PRP Hair Treatment:
PRP hair therapy is a non-surgical hair loss treatment.
- In PRP treatment, your own blood is used to treat the bald area of scalp.
- Platelet rich plasma in your blood is separated from other components of the blood and it is extracted in a syringe.
- PRP is injected in the bald area of your scalp. The growth factors boost hair growth.
- Being a non-surgical process, it is quite safe. Also, it has almost no recovery period and gives positive results.
Cost of Hair Transplant in Goa
If you are wondering about the expense of the surgery, then let us put your doubts to rest. The cost of hair transplant in Goa is affordable and you can compare the price and choose the best surgeon for your treatment.
The hair transplant cost in Goa may vary from clinic to clinic. The surgery is not very high in price and provides you with a quality treatment at a reasonable price. It is based on the number of hair grafts implanted and per graft cost lies between Rs.25.00 to Rs.40.00. The cost of surgery will increase automatically according to the grafts required. The estimated cost for hair transplant surgery in Goa for 1000 grafts is Rs.25,000.00 – Rs.40,000.00
|No. of grafts||Cost|
|1000 grafts||Rs.25,000 - Rs.35,000|
|1000 - 1500 grafts||Rs.55,000 - Rs.60,000|
|2000 - 2500 grafts||Rs.60,000 - Rs.75,000|
|2500 - 3000 grafts||Rs.75,000 - Rs.90,000|
Hair transplant is a procedure which is carried out under local anesthesia. During this procedure, the surgeon removes the hair from the back and sides of the head and implants them in the area where there is less hair or bald patches.
Causes for hair loss:
Good candidates for hair transplant:
- Women suffering from hair thinning
- Men having male pattern baldness
- People with hair loss from scalp or burn injury
Hair transplant is not a good option for:
- People who have lost their hair due to medication such as chemotherapy
- People who don’t have enough donor hair (place from which hair is taken) for transplant.
- Women with wide spread pattern of hair loss
- People who form thick fibrous scars after surgery or injury
Long term outlook
People who have undergone hair transplant will continue to grow hair in the transplanted area. The density of the hair may depend on:
- Hair quality
- Density of hair follicles in the recipient area
- Scalp laxity
- Hair curl
You should discuss your expected outcome with the surgeon for realistic expectations.