- Honored with Best Hair Transplant Centre In Marathwada Region award in 2016.
- Respected member of Hair Research Society of India.
- He offers unique AFUE Hair Transplantation.
Hair Transplant Surgeons in Pune, 25 Results
Dr. Gajanan Jadhao
17 years of experience
PGDCC, Master in Hair Transplant, Diploma in Anesthesiology (DA), MBBS
Dr. Viral Desai
21 years of experience
MCh - Plastic Surgery, DNB, MBBS
- Founder & Owner of Cosmetic Plastic Surgery & Laser Super Specialities.
- Medical Director at DHI India.
- An active member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons.
Dr. Suresh Sanghvi
29 years of experience
MCh - Plastic Surgery, MS - General Surgery, MBBS
- Director of Karishma Laser & Cosmetic Clinic.
- Acquired experience in Cosmetology from Europe and specializes in Revolutionary laser treatment for Varicose Veins.
- Member of Association of plastic surgeons of India.
Dr. Vijay Nagdev
10 years of experience
DDV, Diploma in Medical Cosmetology, MBBS
Dr. Pushkar Deshpande
18 years of experience
MCh - Plastic Surgery, MS - General Surgery, MBBS
- Owner & Head Doctor of Perfection Plastic Surgery Clinic.
- Key member of Shushrut Association of Plastic Surgeons - SAPS.
- Felllowship in Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship, Microvascular Training and Hand Surgery Training.
Dr. Sadhana Jadhavar
18 years of experience
Diploma in Dermatology, MBBS
- Owner of Radiance Skin, Hair And Laser Center.
- Former Senior Consultant of Kaya Skin Clinic.
- Member of Cosmetic Society of India (CSI).
Dr. Pradeep Kumari
19 years of experience
DNB - Dermatology & Venereology, DVD, DDVL, FCPS - Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy, MBBS
- Honored with Young Dermatologist Award by Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists (IADVL).
- Chief Consultant at Skin & Surgery International & Asia Institute of Hair Transplant.
- Member of Cosmetic Dermatology Society of India (CDSI).
More about Hair Transplant Surgery:
Techniques of Hair Transplant
FUT Hair Transplant:
FUT is the mainstream method of hair transplant which is also called strip harvesting method.
- Here, the strip of your skin containing hair is extracted from the donor area of your scalp.
- After dissecting, the hair follicles are then implanted in the bald region of your scalp.
- If your baldness level is high, i.e. if you need large number of grafts to cover the bald area then FUT hair transplant is the best method.
- The disadvantage of this is, it leaves linear scar on the back of your scalp and the recovery period is more.
FUE Hair Transplant:
FUE is a modern and most favoured method of hair transplant.
- In this method, your hair follicles are extracted from the back of your scalp one by one using a punch.
- These follicular graft units are inserted into the incisions made on the bald area of the scalp.
- It leaves no visible scars and has less recovery period.
Robotic Hair Transplant :
Robotic hair transplant is similar to FUE Hair Transplant, but it is automated.
- Image visualization and robotic limb are used for extraction of hair follicular graft units.
- Grafts are extracted using double punch method which makes them easy to extract.
- The hair transplant surgeon manually inserts the grafts in recipient region.
- Robotic hair transplant is said to give successful results.
Direct Hair Implant is a modern and advanced method of hair transplant.
- In this method, a patented tool known as an implanter is used for implantation of hair in the recipient region i.e. bald areas of your scalp.
- DHI provides greater density of transplanted hair.
- The recovery time for DHI is very less.
- It is a painless technique of hair transplant which gives very accurate results.
PRP Hair Treatment:
PRP hair therapy is a non-surgical hair loss treatment.
- In PRP treatment, your own blood is used to treat the bald area of scalp.
- Platelet rich plasma in your blood is separated from other components of the blood and it is extracted in a syringe.
- PRP is injected in the bald area of your scalp. The growth factors boost hair growth.
- Being a non-surgical process, it is quite safe. Also, it has almost no recovery period and gives positive results.
What is the Hair Transplant Cost in Pune?
Cost plays an important role in any medical treatment. Everyone wants to get best hair transplant in Pune at an affordable cost.The cost for most commonly used techniques, i.e. FUT and FUE starts from ₹ 30,000 and ₹ 45,000 respectively.
|Number of grafts||FUT cost||FUE cost|
|1500||₹ 30,000||₹ 45,000|
|2000||₹ 40,000||₹ 60,000|
|2500||₹ 50,000||₹ 75,000|
|3000||₹ 60,000||₹ 90,000|
|3500||₹ 70,000||₹ 1,05,000|
|4000||₹ 80,000||₹ 1,20,000|
|4500||₹ 90,000||₹ 1,35,000|
|5000||₹ 1,00,000||₹ 1,50,000|
To know more about detailed information about cost click here
Other Hair Transplant
- Facial Hair Transplant:
- Eyebrow Hair Transplant:
The dream of having perfect eyebrows can be achieved with the help of eyebrow hair transplant in Pune.
If a person doesn’t have eyebrow hair or have very thin eyebrows, he/she can go for eyebrow hair transplant.
- In this, anaesthesia is monitored on the scalp and eyebrows.
- The surgeon will extract hair from the donor region of the scalp and dissect it under the stereo microscope.
- Then he/she will make incisions in the area of the eyebrows with the help of a needle or implanter tool.
- 1 or 2 hair follicular graft units will be used for transplantation.
- Beard and Moustache Hair transplant:
For many men, having beard and moustache is their pride which they don’t want to lose.
If a person does not have beard hair or have small patches in the beard area, then he can opt for beard or Moustache Hair transplant in Pune.
- For this, the surgeon will extract hair from the donor region i.e. back of the scalp. It will be dissected under stereo microscope.
- Then incisions will be made by using needle or implanter tool in the beard and moustache area. The hair follicular graft units will be implanted in it.
- The density of hair will be decided as per your wish.
2. Body Hair Transplant:
If a person is suffering from complete baldness or doesn’t have enough hair in the donor region for transplantation, then he can go for body hair transplant. There are 2 types of body hair transplants:
- Extracting hair from the body and transplanting it to the scalp
- Removing the hair from the scalp and transplanting it to the body parts.
In body hair transplant, hair from your body are extracted and transplanted into the recipient region i.e. bald region of your scalp. The areas from which the hair can be extracted for body hair transplant are nape, underarms, beard, legs and chest.
3. Female Hair Transplant:
For many women, having long and thick hair is a sign of their beauty and it boosts their confidence.
- Women also face severe hair loss which may cause pattern baldness or bald patches.
- Many women have long hair which they don’t want to cut short for the procedure of hair transplant.
- The female hair transplant is more complex as the surgeon must avoid shaving the hair on the scalp.
- The surgeon will decide which technique is best suited for you.
Female hair transplant in Pune can be done by FUT, FUE or DHI techniques.
Hair transplant case study
- Before Surgery:
The person was suffering from level 1 baldness. The receding hairline is seen in the image and the baldness was present on the front scalp.
- On the day of surgery:
He underwent FUE hair transplant. On the day of surgery, the surgeon extracted hair from donor region, i.e. from back of the scalp. The hair was dissected into follicular graft units under the stereo microscope. The surgeon created incisions on the recipient area, i.e. into the bald area of the scalp and planted hair into it. The incisions are seen in the image.
- After 2 days:
The dark scabs of dried blood are visible after 2 days of the surgery as the hair can’t be washed for few days after the hair transplant.
- After 10 days:
The scabs along with transplanted hair are cleared after washing the scalp. The scalp skin looks normal.
- After 3 months:
Between 1- 2 months, the transplanted hair will shed because of surgical shock. After 3 months, there was visible hair growth on the previously bald area of the scalp. The hair was small and just started to grow along the hairline.
- Between 1- 2 months:
The transplanted hair will shed because of surgical shock. After 3 months, there was visible hair growth on the previously bald area of the scalp. The hair was small and just started to grow along the hairline.
- After 4 months:
The hair is in growth phase. The hair is still thin and weak but will grow stronger with time.
- After 6 months:
Between the 5th and 6th months, new regrowth is observed, with thicker and longer hair (5-7 cm) that gives a greater density.
- After 1 year:
After 1 year, the hair has grown to its original length of natural hair. The hairline is formed and looks natural. The density of hair is high which is giving volume to the hair.
- Is hair transplant permanent or not?
Yes, hair transplant is permanent in nature, as the transplanted hair is generally extracted from the backside of your own head, where the hairs are genetically more durable.
- I am having a medical condition can I undergo a hair transplant or not?
Yes, but at first a medical check-up is recommended to understand what complications you are facing.
Some of the common conditions are High Blood pressure, Diabetes, Alopecia etc. The hair transplant surgeon will only suggest you to undergo the surgery if all the medical conditions are under control.
- Does the needle or drill will affect the skull or not?
The drilling that is done in hair transplant surgery is only 0.3 mm deep which is sufficient enough to penetrate the upper layer of the skin of your scalp. So there are no chances of the drill to getting anywhere near your skull.
- How much pain will I feel during hair transplant?
You won't feel any pain while extraction or implantation of the grafts since you will be provided with local Anaesthesia during the surgery.
- Will it look natural or not?
Yes, since the procedure involves transplanting your own hair, it gives the most ‘natural look’. This also depends on various factors:
- The treatment that you choose (for e.g. FUE).
- The quality of donor hair.
- How experienced or qualified the specialist is.
- How long will the hair transplant procedure take?
The timing of the procedure and how long it will take to complete it usually depends on the number of grafts to be implanted.
Ex : If you require a transplant of 1500-2000 hair grafts, it will take 6- 8 hours for its completion.
- When can I resume my work?
You can resume work from the next day itself unless and until you have to do any heavy field work as you have to be careful and protect the implanted Grafts from direct sunlight and dust. So wearing a protective headwear is recommended.
- Are there any post-surgery side effects?
Absolutely no major side effects have been recorded yet, although there are some minor post-surgery side effects like swelling and redness in the implanted area. Though, with proper medication, this can be treated successfully.