Following are the procedures to perform Hair Transplant surgery are:
- The surgeon will redraw the hairline, highlight the area where hair will be extracted, and photograph the procedure for medical records. For numbing the scalp, a local anesthetic will be applied.
- From where the hair will be extracted, will clip hair to about two millimeters at the donor location.
- The strip of skin with the hair follicles will be used as a graft.
- Individual hair follicles will be removed from the strip and prepared for the procedure.
- And then, the scalp will be closed with sutures.
- It will then be inserted into the bald parts to look natural.
- At last, the scalp will be bandaged, and an antibiotic will be applied. And then, to see better results, you have to wait for at least a year.
Following are the conditions that will make someone a good candidate for Hair Transplant surgery:
- Age: It is generally performed with or over 25 years of age.
- Diagnosis: It works best for men with the Ford hair loss pattern.
- Hair thickness: Those having high density of hair follicles usually have better covering.
- Area of balding: It is generally helpful to treat hair loss in the front portion of the head.
- Hair color: People with hair that matches their skin tone are better candidates because of the less color difference.