- Dr. Tarang Patel is among the first few who performed pectorals major reconstruction out of institute in Gujarat.
- He has special interest in Breast cancer, Thyroidectomy, Mastectomy, Lumpectomy, Infectious Disease Treatment.
- He is a member of the Association of Surgeons of India (ASI), National Academy of Medical Sciences, Indian Medical Association (IMA), Gujarat Medical Association, Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (IASO).
Best Medical Oncologist in Ahmedabad, 5 Results
Dr. Tarang Patel
38 years of experience
MAMS, MCh - Surgical Oncology, MS - General Surgery, MBBS
Dr. Bhavesh Parekh
21 years of experience
Diploma in Hospital Administration, DM - Oncology, MD - General Medicine, MBBS
- He has more than 20 years of vast Clinical & Laboratory experience in the field of both adult & pediatric Oncology and Hematology.
- He has done around 500 bone marrow biopsies, 300 trephine biopsies, 100 liver biopsies, 1200 FNACs, 3500 Pleural / Ascitic tapping, 1200 Lumbar punctures/intrathecal treatments and 30 central venous catheterization.
- He is trained at Asia’s biggest hospital – Civil Hospital & B.J.Medical College – during M.D.
Dr. Itesh Khatwani
8 years of experience
DM - Medical Oncology, MBBS
- Dr Itesh Khatwani is a superspecialist in the field of Oncology.
- He is expert in chemotherapy, targeted therapy, hormonal therapy and immunotherapy.
- He has also been co-investigator in a clinical trial conducted at Gujarat Cancer and Research Institute.
Dr. Jaymin Shah
12 years of experience
Fellowship Programme in Orthopedic Oncology, MS - Orthopaedics, MBBS
- Dr. Jaymin Shah is a Medical Oncologist,Orthopedist and General Physician.
- He has been trained at premier Cancer Institutes of India as Gujarat Cancer and Research Institute and Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
- He is very well published and believes in aggressive treatment and is a compassionate, innovative individual.
Questions & Answers on "Medical Oncologist" (374)
The growth rate of sarcomas depends on the grade. A low grade sarcoma is a slow growing Tumor which may take even an year to reach 5cm or less. On the other hand, a high grade sarcoma not only increases rapidly in size, it can also spread to other organs, like lung, very fast
If you have uterine cancer, you may notice:
- Bleeding per vaginum
- and then go ahead with USG abdomen
Recent onset problem may be related to some benign skin disorders like eczema. However it may be the presentation of an 'in situ' type of breast cancer or a breast cancer inside the breast tissue. You must visit a surgical Oncologist and if needed a skin specialist
Difficult to answer this question without examination and history, though broadly speaking sinister cause like cancer is rare in such young age, benign skin problems are more common. However it'll be advisable to visit a surgeon for evaluation.
Bloating, fullness and discomfort of abdomen in females should be taken seriously, especially in post-menopausal women. A correct diagnosis will require ultrasound of abdomen pelvis and further evaluation with CT scan or MRI. Also few tumor markers like CA-125, CEA, AFP, etc can take is closer to the diagnosis