- Dr. Nalini Kilara has over 35 years of experience to her credit.
- She is an academician with extensive teaching experience and has also been a speaker in many national and international conferences and symposia.
- She is very active in clinical trials and has been a principal investigator over 25 multi-centric trials.
10 Best Medical Oncologists in Bangalore., 36 Results
Dr. Nalini Kilara
41 years of experience
DM - Oncology, MD - Medicine, MBBS
Dr. Shivananda Swamy
22 years of experience
FICS, MS - General Surgery, MBBS
- Dr. Shivananda Swamy is specialized in gynaec, musculoskeletal and head and neck surgery.
- He is also skilled in gastrointestinal and colorectal surgery with over a decade of experience.
- He holds membership of many reputed associations and societies.
Dr. Shravan Kumar Chinnikatti
22 years of experience
Post MD SR AIIMS, MD - Radiotherapy, MBBS
Dr. Shravan Kumar Chinnikatti is a consultant oncologist at the Ministry of Bahrain.
His area of interest is Multumodality Cancer Treatment, IMT, IGRT, Brachytherapy, Chemotherapy.
He has extensive experience in a simple to complex management of all cancers with multimodality treatment.
Dr. Niti Raizada
20 years of experience
Certificate Examination, ESMO, DM - Medical Oncology, DNB - General Medicine, MD - General Medicine, MBBS
- Dr. Niti Raizada a senior Consultant, Medical Oncologist , & Hemato-Oncologist.
- She has special interest in the areas of Thoracic, Gastro Intestinal, Breast and Gynaecological Oncology, and Bone Marrow Transplant.
- She is a Gold Medalist and President of India Awardee.
Dr. Vinay Ural
17 years of experience
DNB - Radiotherapy, Diploma in Radio Therapy, Fellow of Academy of General Education (FAGE), MBBS
- Dr. Vinay has several years of experience in treating Radiosurgery cases.
- His special interest lies in Radiosurgery of brain and spinal tumors, SBRT of Lung cancer, Respiratory Gating treatments.
- He underwent training in Image-Guided RT (IGRT)-RPM Clinical School at Leuven, Belgium.
Dr. Manjunath N
17 years of experience
DM - Medical Oncology, MD - General Medicine
- Dr Manjunath is renowned Medical Oncologist in Bangalore.
- He holds special interest in Breast, GI and Lung Cancer treatment.
- He is also specialised in Lymphoma, Leukemia and Bone marrow transplant.
Dr. Abhay Kumar
15 years of experience
DM - Oncology, MD - General Medicine, MBBS
- Dr. Abhay Kumar is one of the best Medical Oncologist in Bangalore.
- His area of expertise is Medical Oncology, Paediatric Oncologist.
- He believes in upholding the highest standards of medical ethics to ensure the highest quality and maintaining the integrity of healthcare in a transparent fashion.
Dr. Kakoli Lahkar
14 years of experience
DM - Oncology, MD - Oncology, MBBS
- Dr Kakoli has done her superspecialisation training in oncology from the renowned and prestigious Cancer Institute in Adyar.
- She specializes in medical oncology and hemato-oncology.
- She is a Member of European society for medical Oncology (ESMO), Member of American Society of Clinical, Oncology (ASCO), Member of Bangalore Oncology Group (BOG).
Dr. Rohit G Chitrapur
13 years of experience
Fellowship in Bone Marrow Transplant and Haematology, MD - Medicine, MBBS
- Dr. Rohit.G.Chitrapur is a Hematologist, Internal Medicine and General Practitioner.
- He was a part of the team which did more than 200 Transplant over 2 years.
- He is interested in Autologous Transplant for Lymphoma, Myeloma ,Germ Cell Tumors.
Dr. Basawantrao Malipatil
12 years of experience
DM - Medical Oncology, MD - Oncology, MBBS
- Dr. Basawantrao Malipatil is a Medical Oncologist with over a decade of experience.
- He is trained in treating Hematological malignancies and Autologous and Allogenic Bone marrow transplantation.
- He also specialises in pediatric oncology and treatment of solid tumors.
Questions & Answers on "Medical Oncologist" (374)
The growth rate of sarcomas depends on the grade. A low grade sarcoma is a slow growing Tumor which may take even an year to reach 5cm or less. On the other hand, a high grade sarcoma not only increases rapidly in size, it can also spread to other organs, like lung, very fast
If you have uterine cancer, you may notice:
- Bleeding per vaginum
- and then go ahead with USG abdomen
Recent onset problem may be related to some benign skin disorders like eczema. However it may be the presentation of an 'in situ' type of breast cancer or a breast cancer inside the breast tissue. You must visit a surgical Oncologist and if needed a skin specialist
Difficult to answer this question without examination and history, though broadly speaking sinister cause like cancer is rare in such young age, benign skin problems are more common. However it'll be advisable to visit a surgeon for evaluation.
Bloating, fullness and discomfort of abdomen in females should be taken seriously, especially in post-menopausal women. A correct diagnosis will require ultrasound of abdomen pelvis and further evaluation with CT scan or MRI. Also few tumor markers like CA-125, CEA, AFP, etc can take is closer to the diagnosis