Orthodontic Treatment doctors in Bangalore, 254 Results
Dr. Pramila Mendonca
15 years of experience
MDS - Oral Medicine and Radiology, BDS
- Best dissertation award by Indian Academy of Oral Medicine and Radiology for the study in 2014.
- Dentist at Ayesha Dental clinic.
- Member of Karnataka State Dental Council.
Dr. Gnanasundari Thirugnanam
14 years of experience
- Recognized by Tamil Nadu State Dental Council in 2008.
- Dental surgeon at Niganth Dental Multispeciality Clinic.
- Member of Indian Dental Association.
Dr. Sajan Shetty
10 years of experience
MDS - Prosthodontics, BDS
- Best Paper in 2015.
- Senior Lecturer at Bangalore Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital.
- Member of Indian Prosthodontic Society.
Dr. Teena Aiyanna
19 years of experience
- International Congress of Oral Implatology(ICOI,U.S.A) in 2012.
- General/Cosmetic Dentist at Medeor Downtown Medical Centre,.
- Chief Consultant, Private Practice at Multi-Speciality Dental Clinic, Republic Hospital.
Questions & Answers on "Orthodontic Treatment" (113)
I am looking for a periodontist by name Ravi who does consultation in Bangalore but unable to find him in your list. Would you please help me with a list of expertise in Bangalore near Nagarbhavi location
Can tooth decay be reversed?
The short answer is “no” but the long answer is “sort of.” Here’s why:
The earliest stage of tooth decay or a cavity is demineralized enamel. The outer layer of enamel becomes weak and soft, due to acids and plaque biofilm coming into contact with it on an extended basis.
Fortunately, demineralized enamel can — to an extent — be remineralized before a physical cavity (hole) ruptures through the surface.
What are some ways to help this happen?
- Improved hygiene and plaque removal on an everyday basis
- Protective dental sealants over deep grooves and fissures, which are someof the most cavity-prone surfaces
- Drinking fluoridated tap water throughout the day
- Supplementation with a prescription strength fluoride or mouthrinse, providedby your dentist
- Use of everyday oral hygiene products that contain fluoride
- Eating more fresh fruits and vegetables, sharp cheddar cheese, and fewerprocessed carbohydrates
- Eliminating acidic beverages and those that contain natural or artificial-sweeteners
The types of cells that make up your teeth do not re-grow or repair themselves after the tooth is fully developed.
Once a tooth has a physical cavity (opening or hole) inside of it, there is no feasible way to help the enamel grow back on your own. Instead, the cavity will gradually worsen, due to the bacterial infection inside of the tooth structure.
Ideally, you would want to treat the cavity as soon as it’s diagnosed and while it’s as small as possible. When you do, your dentist can place a minimally invasive filling and preserve as much healthy tooth structure as possible.
But untreated cavities will expand to the point that they require larger fillings. Or worse, they will reach into the nerve chamber and create an abscess. What could have initially been treated with a modest restoration now becomes a situation requiring a root canal and a crown
How long does a root canal last without a crown?
What to eat with a toothache?
How often should you get dental xrays?