15 Best Gynecologists in the World- Updated 2022
Women undergo many physical changes in their bodies throughout different phases of their lives. From puberty to pregnancy and menopause, they must take proper care of themselves to enjoy a healthy life. This makes it vital for every female of any age to visit a reliable gynecologist regularly. So if you are looking for the best gynecologists or know someone who might need one, read the article to the end!
Table of Contents :
- Best Gynecologists in the USA
- Best Gynecologists in the UK
- Best Gynecologists in India
- Best Gynecologists in Turkey
- Best Gynecologists in other Countries
- Criteria for choosing the best gynecologist
Gynecological problems are the leading causes of illness and death worldwide. Women in developing nations suffer the most!
Gynecological disease makes up 4.5% of the total world disease burden, which is more than other top global health concerns like malaria (1.04%), tuberculosis (1.9%), ischemic heart disease (2.2%), and maternal diseases (3.5%).
Because of such worrying figures, the need for the best gynecologists will keep rising.
We have created a list of the best gynecologists in the world who have in-depth training and expertise in various gynecological treatments. They can execute complex treatments and are familiar with the most recent advancements in their field.
The physicians we've mentioned here are renowned for their contributions to society and distinguished professional careers. People sought their care from all around the world.
Let's check ahead.
Best Gynecologists in the USA
Whenever we think of a place to get the best medical treatment, the US is one of the first countries that comes to mind. This is because the US has developed and modernized its infrastructure. In the field of gynecological facilities, too, it has been proven.
- Dr. Nawal Nour
- Dr. Nawal Nour is the Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Brigham and Women's Hospital. She is among Forbes' top 40 women to watch over 40.
- Dr. Nour is one of the best OBGYNs in the world. She established the world-renowned African Women's Health Center, which provides appropriate holistic health and awareness programs to the African society in America.
- Dr. Nour was acknowledged as a 2003 MacArthur Foundation Fellow for creating the only center that focuses on the physical and mental needs of women who have had or undergone female genital cutting.
- Honors & Recognition:
|Kate Macy Ladd Professorship at Harvard Medical School|
|Boston Magazine Top Doctor, 2022|
|Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors, 2022|
2. Dr. Andrew J. Satin
- Dr. Satin is the Director of Gynecology and Obstetrics at John Hopkins Medicine. He is a retired Air Force Colonel honored with numerous medals and achievements in his career.
- He is also a reputed researcher in gynecology. So far, he has published several journals and books and has received several milestones in his career.
- He holds several prestigious positions, such as
|President of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Director of the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine|
|Chairman of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Committee|
- Honors & Recognitions
|Resident Teaching Award, Gynecology and Obstetrics Department|
|Chairman, Johns Hopkins Women's Health in the National Capital Region Strategic Planning Group|
|John G. Griffith Award for Innovation and Excellence in Education in Gynecology and Obstetrics, 2007|
3. Dr. Deborah Krakow
- Dr. Deborah Krakow is the Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UCLA. She also teaches gynecology, human genetics, and orthopedic surgery at UCLA. She is among the top 10 gynecologists in the world.
- Her particular interest is the treatment of gynecological conditions due to orthopedic abnormalities.
|Clinical Genetics and Genomics, American Board of Medical Genetics||Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, (2019-2022)|
|Maternal and Fetal Medicine, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology||Winnick Family Scholar Awardee, 2007-2008|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology||AAGOF Travel Award, 2004|
|Golden Apple Teaching Award, 2003-2004 and 2001-2002|
|Reproductive Scientist Development Award, NIH, 1995-1997|
|Cigna Award for Outstanding Senior House Officer, 1988|
|Leo Rigler Award for Outstanding House Officer, 1988|
|Administrative Chief Resident - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, 1987-1988|
|Magna Cum Laude, Arizona State University, 1979|
|Honor's Program, Arizona State University, 1976-1979|
4. Dr. Sanda F. Di Paolo
- Dr. Sanda DiPaolo is a renowned gynecologist and obstetrician. She has over 30 years of experience in this field. She is among the best urogynecologists in the world.
- Her special interests include:
|Natural Child Birth|
|Minimally Invasive Surgeries|
- Honors & Recognition:
|Leader of Gynecological Department at Inova Fairfax Women’s Hospital|
|Member of Women’s Quality Improvement and Safety Committee, Inova Women’s Hospital|
|Honorary Alpha Omega of the Alpha Medical Honor Society|
|Assistant Professor of gynecology at Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Medicine|
|Fellow, American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists|
Best Gynecologists in the UK
The UK is the ideal destination for patients looking for the best gynecological treatment in Europe. This is because the UK has some of the best gynecologists in the world. They are the world leaders in various domains of gynecology, assuring best-in-class service for all your needs.
5. Dr. Fatima Husain
- Dr. Hussain is one of the most reputed gynecologists in the UK. She has over 35 years of experience in gynecology.
- Dr. Hussain specializes in IVF, infertility, and gynecological ultrasound.
- Many publications, such as the British Medical Journal, Infertility Network Magazine, and British Fertility Society, have acknowledged her work.
- As of now, she is holding prestigious positions at many of the leading medical organizations; they are
|Clinical lead at the Wexham Park Hospitals|
|Consultant Gynaecologist, Spire Thames Valley Hospital|
|Consultant Gynaecologist, Parkside Private Suite|
|Consultant Gynaecologist, Thames Valley Fertility|
|Consultant Gynaecologist, Opus Windsor Diagnostic|
- Her achievements
|Blair Bell prize in Gynaecology at King's College, University of London|
|Mayor of London award as a junior doctor|
|Ibn Sina Award for excellence in health|
6. Dr. Shazia Malik
- Dr. Malik practices at The Princess Grace Hospital and the Portland Hospital for Women and Children.
- She has over 30 years of experience in this field and is among the best OBGYN in the world.
- She is the proud winner of the Henry Briggs Memorial Gold Medal in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Dr. Malik frequently appears in top publications like the BBC, The Daily Mail, Telegraph, and The Huffington Post to discuss the latest advancements in gynecology.
- Dr. Malik specializes in reproductive medicine and surgery. Her area of interest is IVF, pregnancy, PCOS, pelvic pain, menstrual disorders, and heavy periods.
- Her Qualifications
|Certification in early pregnancy and gynecological ultrasound from Kings College Hospital|
|Accreditation in laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists|
|Accreditation in reproductive medicine from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists|
|CCST - Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists|
|MRCOG - Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists|
|MBChB (honors) - Liverpool University|
7. Dr. Deborah Boyle
- Dr. Boyle practices at Royal Free Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, one of the best hospitals in the UK. She has over 30 years of experience in gynecology.
- She specializes in Vulvar Crohn's disease, Sexual dysfunction, Menopause, Vaginal problems, Premenstrual syndrome (PMS), Colposcopy, Vaginal cysts
- Currently, she is holding honorary designations, including
|Cervical screening of colposcopy and cervical pathology Trust Lead, Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust|
|Gynaecology Rish Management Lead, Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust|
|Emergency gynecology Lead, Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust|
- She is associated with
|Member of the British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (BSCCP)|
|British Society for the Study of Vulval Disease and Disorders (BSSVD)|
|Member of the International Society for the Study of Vulval Disease and Disorders (ISSVD)|
|Diplomate of the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health (DFSRH)|
Best Gynecologists in India
India is the leading medical tourism center in the world. India is home to the best gynecologists in the world. These gynecologists have decades of experience. People from all over the world seek their services.
8. Dr. Veena Bhatt
- Dr. Bhatt is among the best gynecologists in the world. She is a consultant at Artemis and Fortis, the top gynecology hospitals in India.
- She was a part of the team to perform the first laparoscopic hysterectomy in India.
- Dr. Bhatt has over 30 years of experience in gynecological endoscopy. She specializes in high-risk pregnancy, infertility, menopause health, and minimally invasive surgeries.
|Governor’s award for “Best Lady Graduate” of the institute|
|President of India Duffering’s award for lady graduate|
|Member of Adolescent committee of FOGSI for adolescent health care|
|Appreciation Award by the Indian Association of Gynaecological Endoscopists (IAGE) in the annual conference|
|IMA distinguished service award|
|"Distinguished service award” in WCCPC & WPCHC|
|“Distinguished service award as a Convener CME Committee" by IMA NDB|
|The Best report presentation award at the annual conference of the Delhi Gynaecological Society|
9. Dr. Firuza Parikh
- Dr. Parikh is the director of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics at Jaslok Hospital and Research Center, a leading gynecological hospital in India.
- In her extensive career of over 42 years, she has treated patients from more than 35 countries.
- She was appointed as a visiting faculty in gynecology at Yale School of Medicine, USA. She has taken a particular interest in IVF and infertility.
|The All India Ratna Shiromani Award for her services in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.|
|Outstanding Young Indian Award by the Indian Junior Chamber.|
|The MD. Adatia Oration Award – Bombay Obstetrics and Gynecology Society Annual Conference.|
|Kuvadia-Shah-Vora Oration Award on Stem Cell Therapy by The Bombay Medical Association.|
|She received the Woman of the Year by Zonta International Organization.|
|Zee Astitva Award for Science and Technology.|
|Hindustan Times Woman of the Year Award|
|FICCI FLO Women Achievers Award for "Excellence in the field of Medicine."|
|Women in the Driving Seat Award for Science and Medicine by Lavasa Women's Drive|
|L'Oreal Paris Femina Women Awards for Science and Innovation.|
|She was honored as one of the 100 most Powerful Women of Asia.|
10. Dr. Sabhyata Gupta
- Dr. Gupta is the director of gynecology and gyno oncology at Medanta Hospital. She has over 30 years of experience in this field and is one of the best gyno oncologists in the world.
- She is the leading gynecological robotic surgeon in India. Her other specializations include gyno laparoscopy and hysterectomy.
- Her Qualifications
|M.B.B.S. from Jammu University, India|
|M.D. (Obst & Gyne) from Jammu University, India|
|Diploma in Gynecological Endoscopy from University of Keil, Germany|
|Training in Advanced Gynecological Laparoscopy from the University of Giessen, Germany|
|Robotic Gynaecological surgery training, France|
|Observership training program in Uro-Gynaecological Oncology from the Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital, India|
|Fellowship from Department Of Assisted Reproductive Technologies, Army Hospital, India|
- Her achievements:
|Bharat Jyoti Award by “India International Friendship Society”|
|Rising Personalities of India & Gold Award by “International Penguin Publishing House”|
|Bharat Excellence Award & Gold Medal Conferred by the “Friendship Forum of India”|
|Arch of Excellence Award (Medicare) at All India Achievers Conference, Delhi|
|Pride of India Gold Award Conferred by the “Friendship Forum Of India”.|
Best Gynecologists in Turkey
Turkey is one of the most favored destinations for gynecology treatments. You can avail of treatment from the best gynecologists in the world in Turkey at affordable costs! Below are some of the best gynecologists in the world who you can seek treatment from in Turkey.
11. Dr. Prof. Banu Kumbak Aygun, Turkey
- Dr. Aygun is the head of the gynecology and obstetrics department at VM Medical Park Florya Hospital. She is also a Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Istanbul Aydin University Medical School.
- She has published over 45 international and 35 national medical papers, 13 book chapters, and over 200 citations to her articles in international documents. Prof. Aygun has participated in over 41 international and 70 national conference presentations.
- She is the founding member of the Gynecology and Obstetrics Department at Medipol University.
- Her area of expertise is
|Polycystic ovary syndrome|
12. Dr. Orhan Unal
- Dr. Orhan Unal is the head of the department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at Sakarya University School of Medicine. He has over 36 years of experience in Gynecology.
- He is a leader in Gynecologic Oncology, Endoscopic Surgery, and IVF.
- He has won the Best Presentation Award at International Medical Oncology Congress.
- His areas of include:
13. Prof. Dr. Timur Gurgan
- Dr. Gurgan is one of the most respectable gynecologists with an experience of over 44 years. He is the director of Gurgan Clinic.
- He is the former president of the Mediterranean Society for Reproductive Medicine and the founding member of the European Society of Gynecological Endoscopy.
- His area of interest is PCOS, IVM, and endoscopic surgery.
- He was appointed to the Editorial Board of Fertility and Sterility Journal.
There are many other world-class gynecologists in countries other than we have discussed earlier. They are recognized among the best gynecologists in the world. We have discussed them below!
Best Gynecologists in other Countries
14. Dr. Jordi Rabasa, Spain
- Dr. Rabasa is presently a consultant in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Hospital Universitari Sagrat Cor, Spain.
- He was appointed as a collaborative lecturer in gynecology and obstetrics at Vall d'Hebrón University Hospital.
- His expertise includes Pre-invasive lesions of the vulva, cervix, anus, and vagina, Management of precursor injuries, Colposcopy, Pregnancy, Sexually transmitted infections, Management of precursor lesions in HIV-positive patients, Diseases of the vulva and clinical management of vulvodynia.
- His Qualifications are:
|Doctorate in medicine and surgery - Autonomous University of Barcelona|
|Fellowship and training at Hospital Universitari Vall d’Hebron and Hospital Clínic|
|Specialization in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Universitari Vall d’Hebron Maternity and Children’s Hospital|
|Master Degree in Pelvic Floor Endoscopy and Surgery by Vall d\'Hebron Hospital Teaching Unit|
|Master in Oncological Gynecology by CEU Herrera University.|
15. Dr. Zaharuddin Rahmat Mohd.Rawi, Malaysia
- Dr. Rawi is one of the best gynecologists in the world. He aims to provide best-in-class gyno-oncology treatment to all women.
- Dr. Rawi is the pioneer of using innovative and minimally invasive gynecology surgeries.
- His Qualifications:
|Degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, MBBS.|
University of Malaya, Malaysia. Master's Degree in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists, London.
|Professional Membership examination. MRCOG (UK).|
|Ministry of Health, Certificate of Completion for Fellowship Training in Gynae-Oncology|
|The British Society for Colposcopy & Cervical Pathology (Diagnostic & Therapeutic Colposcopist)|
- His specializations include:
|Gynaecologic Oncology - cervical cancer, uterine cancer, ovarian cancer|
|Colposcopy, Abnormal Pap smear|
|Minimal Access Surgery|
|Ovarian cyst, Fibroids, Polyps|
|General Gynaecology & Obstetrics|
Criteria for choosing the best gynecologist
Some factors you should keep in mind while choosing a gynecologist are the following:
A gynecologist specializes in handling complicated problems with women's health. This makes them a more suitable choice than a general physician.
Learning about a gynecologist's educational qualifications is essential before choosing them. Most of the leading gynecologists have spent years of strict training in gynecology.
Board certification –
It is essential to find out if the surgeon you are considering is board certified in gynecology. This shows they have the necessary training and experience to perform the treatment you need.
The best way to find a gynecologist is to get a referral from a family member or a friend who has previously received heart surgery. If you don't know anyone familiar with one, you can also reach out to your doctor for a recommendation.
It is also essential to find out about the credentials and experience of the gynecologist you are considering to ensure they are a suitable match for your condition.
Question and Answers (113)
Hi I've been getting white discharge since one month why is this and I'm 23 years old
I'm actually concern about my health. I was 17 when i took 8 ipills in 3month as i remember. And i don't have any side effect. Now i'm 20 and my period blood is slightly low. Does it affect on my future pregency or anything?
Meri ovary mein chocolate cyst hai doctor ne mujhe femilon medicine di thi aur kaha tha periods k time isse daily ek tablet Lena periods khatam hone k 1-2 weeks baad dubara light bleeding hori hai aisa mere saath April mein bhi hua tha aur ab June mein bhi hora hai
Hello, I'm 18 years old.I lost sensation in my clitoris.I noticed that the skin of the labia majora has become very thin. My libido is very low for 3 years.I am still a virgin because of this. I had blood tests and ultrasound, the test results are normal. Could it be vaginal atrophy? What kind of tests should I do?
I am Shruti Sharma. Age 32 years. We are planning for a baby. This month my periods were delay for 8 days. After 8 days periods come and only for 2 days. I am confused what was that. Earlier my periods were on time. My period cycle is 26 days.
Non-surgical Treatment for Fibroids 2022Around one in five women suffers from fibroids in their lifetime. 26 million is the estimated number of women worldwide who have uterine fibroids. Most women don't even know they have fibroids if they don't show any symptoms. So the estimated number could be much more significant. The treatments available for fibroids have some side effects, which leads to a need for new non-surgical treatments for fibroids in the uterus.