Hair transplant in Coimbatore
We know how it feels when hair loss becomes a major hurdle in one's life. Excessive hair loss is like an evil which destroys your personal as well as professional life. Don't worry, this page will provide you with all the information related to hair transplant in Coimbatore. From cost to clinics, this page will deal with every aspect related to hair transplant in Coimbatore.
Coimbatore is regarded as a big healthcare hub and the hair transplant in Coimbatore is regarded as the best in Tamil Nadu . It is one of the fastest developing tier-II cities in the field of healthcare ans specially in cosmetic surgery like hair transplant. Coimbatore is well connected to the rest of the country.
People from nearby districts visit Coimbatore for cosmetic surgeries as there are many renowned hospitals and healthcare facilities.
What is the cost of hair transplant in Coimbatore?
You can get the best treatments for your hair at good and hygienic clinics. The cost of hair transplant in Coimbatore is reasonable than other places and you can get the best price by comparing the cost with other clinics and save your hard earned money.
The cost of hair transplant in Coimbatore depends on the location of the clinic, experience of the hair expert and the seriousness of the baldness. The cost of hair transplant in Coimbatore varies from Rs 25,000 to Rs 40, 000 and can even exceed 1 lakh depending on seriousness of baldness. The FUT costs in Coimbatore around Rs 18 per graft to Rs 30 per graft, whereas cost of FUE hair trabsplant in Coimbatore is approximately Rs 35 per graft to Rs 75 per graft.
Hair transplant surgery
Hair transplant is a surgical process which removes hair from the areas which has good hair growth like the back of the head and implants it in the areas where there is bald spot or scanty hair. There are two techniques which are used by the clinics for hair transplant in Coimbatore namely:
- Follicular unit transplantation (FUT) : It is also called strip harvesting. The surgeon removes a strip of tissue containing hair from the back of the head which is dissected into follicular grafts using microscopes by the surgical technicians. The grafts are then implanted into the area which has scanty or no hair. This surgery leaves behind a linear scar at the back of the head.
- Follicular unit extraction (FUE) : FUE hair tarnsplant in Coimbatore is the most preferred hair loss treatment in Coimbatore. This surgery is a time consuming process which does not leave behind scars. The surgeon extracts the graft from the back of the head using micro punches. The extracted grafts are then implanted in the tiny incisions made in the recipient area by the surgeon.
- PRP Treatment : PRP treatment is a non-surgical process of natural hair transplant coimbatore in which your own plasma-rich-platelets is injected into the affected area which stimulates the blood for hair growth. PRP treatment cost in Coimbatore ranges between rs. 3500 to 6000 depending upon the baldness level.
What to expect after hair transplant surgery in Coimbatore?
After you receive a hair transplant surgery, your scalp will be sore and the surgeon will prescribe medications such as pain killers, antibiotics to prevent infection and anti-inflammatory medications.
After around 2 to 3 weeks your transplanted hair will fall out making way for new hair growth. You will see new hair growth after six to nine months after the surgery.
SIDE EFFECTS OF HAIR TRANSPLANT IN COIMBATORE
Side effects of hair transplant in Coimbatore are minor and vanishes within few weeks. They consist of :
- Swelling of the scalp
- Lack of sensation on the operated area of the scalp
- Formation of crust on the scalp in the area from where the hair is extracted or implanted.
- Unnatural looking hair
RESULT OF HAIR TRANSPLANT SURGERY IN COIMBATORE
If the surgery is conducted by a competent surgeon then the chances of hair grafts growing successfully will increase to 95%. Prior to the surgery, it is better to research about the concerned hair transplant clinic in Coimbatore.
There are a number of excellent hair transplant centre in Coimbatore. Staying healthy and eating well helps to improve healing and also bring about positive result.
- Is hair transplant permanent or not?
Yes, hair transplant is permanent in nature, as the transplanted hair is generally extracted from the backside of your own head, where the hairs are genetically more durable.
- I am having a medical condition can I undergo a hair transplant or not?
Yes, but at first a medical check-up is recommended to understand what complications you are facing.
Some of the common conditions are High Blood pressure, Diabetes, Alopecia etc. The hair transplant surgeon will only suggest you to undergo the surgery if all the medical conditions are under control.
- Does the needle or drill will affect the skull or not?
The drilling that is done in hair transplant surgery is only 0.3 mm deep which is sufficient enough to penetrate the upper layer of the skin of your scalp. So there are no chances of the drill to getting anywhere near your skull.
- How much pain will I feel during hair transplant?
You won't feel any pain while extraction or implantation of the grafts since you will be provided with local Anaesthesia during the surgery.
- Will it look natural or not?
Yes, since the procedure involves transplanting your own hair, it gives the most ‘natural look’. This also depends on various factors:
- The treatment that you choose (for e.g. FUE).
- The quality of donor hair.
- How experienced or qualified the specialist is.
- How long will the hair transplant procedure take?
The timing of the procedure and how long it will take to complete it usually depends on the number of grafts to be implanted.
Ex : If you require a transplant of 1500-2000 hair grafts, it will take 6- 8 hours for its completion.
- When can I resume my work?
You can resume work from the next day itself unless and until you have to do any heavy field work as you have to be careful and protect the implanted Grafts from direct sunlight and dust. So wearing a protective headwear is recommended.
- Are there any post-surgery side effects?
Absolutely no major side effects have been recorded yet, although there are some minor post-surgery side effects like swelling and redness in the implanted area. Though, with proper medication, this can be treated successfully..