More about Hair Transplant Surgery:
Techniques of Hair Transplant
FUT Hair Transplant:
FUT is the mainstream method of hair transplant which is also called strip harvesting method.
- Here, the strip of your skin containing hair is extracted from the donor area of your scalp.
- After dissecting, the hair follicles are then implanted in the bald region of your scalp.
- If your baldness level is high, i.e. if you need large number of grafts to cover the bald area then FUT hair transplant is the best method.
- The disadvantage of this is, it leaves linear scar on the back of your scalp and the recovery period is more.
FUE Hair Transplant:
FUE is a modern and most favoured method of hair transplant.
- In this method, your hair follicles are extracted from the back of your scalp one by one using a punch.
- These follicular graft units are inserted into the incisions made on the bald area of the scalp.
- It leaves no visible scars and has less recovery period.
Robotic Hair Transplant :
Robotic hair transplant is similar to FUE Hair Transplant, but it is automated.
- Image visualization and robotic limb are used for extraction of hair follicular graft units.
- Grafts are extracted using double punch method which makes them easy to extract.
- The hair transplant surgeon manually inserts the grafts in recipient region.
- Robotic hair transplant is said to give successful results.
Direct Hair Implant is a modern and advanced method of hair transplant.
- In this method, a patented tool known as an implanter is used for implantation of hair in the recipient region i.e. bald areas of your scalp.
- DHI provides greater density of transplanted hair.
- The recovery time for DHI is very less.
- It is a painless technique of hair transplant which gives very accurate results.
PRP Hair Treatment:
PRP hair therapy is a non-surgical hair loss treatment.
- In PRP treatment, your own blood is used to treat the bald area of scalp.
- Platelet rich plasma in your blood is separated from other components of the blood and it is extracted in a syringe.
- PRP is injected in the bald area of your scalp. The growth factors boost hair growth.
- Being a non-surgical process, it is quite safe. Also, it has almost no recovery period and gives positive results.