Company logo

Hello sir, I am looking for androgenic alopecia treatment. This issue I have been facing for the last 1 year. I am 36 years. Initially, I didn't notice that much, but now I can see near the top of the head has become almost empty. Please sir let me know if this can be cured. 

Asked anonymously on 6th May, 2022 at 1:21 pm


's profile picture

Dr. Mithun Panchal

8 years of experience

Plastic Reconstruction Surgeon

Last edited on 6th May 2022 at 2:15 pm

Androgenic alopecia can be treated by medication in early stages or by hair transplant. A board certified Plastic Surgeon can decide best option after consulting you.

's profile picture

Dr. Viral Desai

22 years of experience

Hair Transplant Surgeon

Answered on 6th May 2022 at 2:08 pm

Since you are loosing hair for very short time and you are 36, you must consult hair transplant surgeon immediately. You need to start medical therapies along with either PRP, mesotherapy or laser so that in order to preserve hair follicles, stimulate the hair follicles as much as it is possible to get growth. If this doesn't work then hair transplant is definitely best option.

's profile picture

Dr. Arvind Poswal

25 years of experience

Hair Transplant Surgeon

Last edited on 6th May 2022 at 1:29 pm

 You are 36 years of age and you are experiencing hair loss for the past 20 years. First thing we will ask is what is your family history of hair loss. If you say that you have other members who have hair loss, then we'll ask how much hair loss. That will give a good idea of how far androgenic, alopecia, or baldness will progress.
Once we know the area to which it will go, then we will decide on when to go for a transplant and what sort of number of grafts to go for. There's no contraindication for going for a transplant at this age. But I really will like to know whether you had any precipitating Epigenomic factor that is, any lifestyle factors, like a disease and illness or a change of diet or change of residence that may have accelerated your hair loss
all of a sudden. If that has happened, then we will, in addition to a hair transplant, have to add good supplements so as to improve your hair growth and slow down the rapid hair loss pattern, which is emerging. Thank you.

's profile picture

Dr. Gopal Krishan Sharma

26 years of experience


Answered on 6th May 2022 at 1:27 pm

I think hair transplant can be a good option for your still. You need to visit hair transplant surgeon to know your case precisely.

's profile picture

Dr. Sourabh Vyas

12 years of experience

Cosmetic/Plastic Surgery

Last edited on 6th May 2022 at 1:24 pm

Kindly visit hair transplant surgeon. He will check your scalp and provide you treatment. 

's profile picture

Dr. Vikas Panthri

14 years of experience


Answered on 6th May 2022 at 1:22 pm

Absolutely. It can be cured by performing Hair transplant procedure where we can implant the hair follicles removed from donor area, into the required balding area, giving you back your youthful look.


Relevant Blogs