Hair Transplant Surgery Doctors in India
Hair Transplant Procedure Hospitals in India
Hair Transplant Procedure questions asked by people
You can find hair transplant cost in India by comparing the prices offered by different clinics in different cities. The Cost of Hair Transplant in India lies between ₹25 - 45 ($0.35 - $0.64) per graft. Each graft contains 1 to 3 hair follicles.
FUT Hair Transplant Per Graft
$0.33 - $0.46
FUE Hair Transplant Per Graft
$0.40 - $0.60
Robotic Hair Transplant Per Graft
$0.80 - $1.33
PRP Hair Treatment Per Session
$100.44 - $143.49
Cost in Top Cities
The basic cost of a hair transplant starts at ₹24,994 ($313) for 1000 hair grafts. The most common method to calculate the hair transplant cost in India is by per graft basis.
The charges of consultation also fluctuate from clinic to clinic; usually, it starts from ₹500 ($7) and goes up to ₹1500 ($20)
Cost of hair transplant will lie anywhere between ₹24,994 - ₹2,65,279 ($313 - $3322), including the charges for initial consultation.
But our estimated cost of hair transplant doesn’t account for GST, medications, and postoperative care.
Hair transplants consist of various techniques like FUT, FUE, Robotic, and DHI hair transplant, and the pricing for each one of them is different.
FUE and FUT, being the most common technique, is extensively used in India. Below we have listed comparison statistics of different cities which will help you analyze India's hair transplant cost.
This chart contains the minimum and maximum costs of FUT and FUE techniques in the major cities of India. Further detailed city-wise cost breakup can be found if you click on the city's name. In comparison to other major cities in India, the cost of hair transplantation in Vizag is quite low. However, because of high-end infrastructure and many other factors, the cost of hair transplant in Hyderabad can go up to $2670 , which is relatively on the higher side.
Also, the cost of the hair transplant in India depends on a “per graft” basis and the baldness level of a person; hence, it is impossible to estimate the exact cost until the consultation with the doctor. And if the expense is a concern, you can apply for a Hair Transplant Loan in India. Whether or not you have a hair transplant is primarily determined by the expense of the procedure. Fortunately, as compared to the cost of hair transplants in Delhi, Noida, and Gurgaon, hair transplant surgery in Ludhiana is not as expensive.
Like India, cities in Turkey like Istanbul also offer low cost services at standard quality. The hair transplant cost in Turkey is very economical at $3 to $5 per hair graft, while all Turkish cities provide more or less the same services at similar costs, hair transplant in Istanbul is still increasingly popular among medical tourists
To give you a clear picture regarding the cost of each hair transplant technique in India, we have provided the necessary information below.
- In India, the strip technique is mostly preferred for people who have a large area of baldness.
- This technique allows the transplantation of maximum graft in a single session.
- Scalpel blades are used in this process to remove the hair-bearing skin from the donor area, and it is stitched together.
- The strip is then divided into grafts which contains 1 or 2 follicles and then gets implanted.
FUT Hair Transplant Cost :
|No. of Grafts||FUT Cost Rs.25-35 ($0.33-$0.46) /Graft|
|500||₹ 12,500 - ₹ 17,500|
($167 - $234)
|1000||₹ 25,000 - ₹ 35,000|
($334 - $467)
|1500||₹ 37,500 - ₹ 52,500|
($500 - $700)
|2000||₹ 50,000 - ₹ 70,000|
($667 - $934)
|2500||₹ 62,500 - ₹ 87,500|
($834 - $1167)
|3000||₹75,000 - ₹1,05,000|
($1000 - $1400)
|3500||₹87,500 - ₹1,22,500|
($1,167 - $1,633)
|4000||₹1,00,000 - ₹1,40,000|
($1,333 - $1867)
|4500||₹1,12,500 - ₹1,57,500|
($1500 - $2100)
- FUE is the most preferred technique for the restoration of hair in small areas.
- In this method, follicular units are obtained one at a time from the donor part of the body, usually from the back and sides of the head.
- Small holes are made with a small punch of 0.8mm to 1mm on the affected areas, and the follicular units are implanted.
- The expert surgeons use a microsurgical needle to punch the scalp area where the graft is implanted.
- FUE technique is time taking, which can undergo one long session of 6 to 7 hours or several small sessions of 2 to 3 hours.
- The best part of this surgery is that the FUE technique does not leave any scars. Hence preferred for Facial Hair Transplant.
FUE Hair Transplant Cost :
|No. of Grafts||FUE Cost Rs. 30-45 ($0.40-0.60) /Graft|
|500||₹ 15,000 - ₹ 22,500|
($200 - $300)
|1000||₹ 30,000 - ₹ 45,000|
($400 – $600)
|1500||₹ 45,000 - ₹ 67,500|
($600 - $900)
|2000||₹ 60,000 - ₹ 90,000|
($800 - $1200)
|2500||₹ 75,000 - ₹ 1,12,500|
($1,000 - $1,500)
|3000||₹90,000 - ₹1,35,000|
($1,200 - $1,800)
|3500||₹1,05,000 - ₹1,57,500|
($1,400 - $2,100)
|4000||₹1,20,000 - ₹1,80,000|
($1,600 - $2,400)
|4500||₹1,35,000 - ₹2,02,500|
($1,800 - $2,700)
- It’s a technique in which a robot will do the extraction of the hair grafts with accuracy.
- The Robot reduces the time taken for hair graft extraction.
- During Robotic FUE, grafts are not damaged. The quality is maintained throughout the procedure.
- However, hair implantation will not be done by the Robot. It will be done by the surgeon only.
Robotic Hair Transplant Cost :
|No. of Grafts||Robotics Hair transplant price|
(per graft is Rs.60 to Rs.100)
( $0.80 - $1.33 )
|1000||Rs.60,000 to Rs.1,00,000|
|1500||Rs.90,000 to Rs.1,70,000|
|2000||Rs.1,20,000 to Rs.2,00,000|
|2500||Rs.1,70,500 to Rs.2,70,000|
|3000||Rs.1,80,000 to Rs.3,00,000|
- PRP therapy for hair growth is a non-surgical process in India, which involves the withdrawal of the patient's own blood treated by spinning it in high concentration.
- Platelets are separated in a centrifuge, and only platelet-rich plasma is extracted.
- PRP is then injected into the scalp area with the help of a microneedle.
- PRP contains the essential proteins that stimulate natural hair growth.
- PRP therapy treatment can also be combined with hair transplant surgery or medications such as Minoxidil and Propecia.
The PRP hair treatment price in India per session may vary from Rs. 7,000 to Rs. 10,000 ($100.44 - 143.49). Mostly, it depends on the clinic you choose, the Quality of equipment used for the procedure, and the number of sessions required.
The cost of PRP treatment in Mumbai might vary from 5,000 to 15,000 rupees each session. The total cost of therapy might range from 20,000 to 1.5 lakhs. Depending on how many sessions you need. Whereas the cost of PRP treatment in Bangalore is from ₹5,000 to ₹15,000 per Session.
Also, depending on the patient's reaction to the therapy, the total cost of PRP treatment in Delhi might range from 20,000 to 1,00,000. Patients are advised to use a derma roller on a regular basis; they range in price from $150 to $500 and are readily accessible online. And the entire PRP hair treatment cost in Chennai might even go up from ₹16,000 to ₹1,50,000 depending upon the number of sessions you might require.
Steps of PRP Hair Treatment
Overall, we can say that the cost of hair transplants in India is cheap and of the best quality. As per your needs and convenience, you can choose the centers wisely for your hair transplant in India.
Comparison of Hair Transplant cost in India with Developed Nations:
Following table shows the per graft comparison for Hair Transplant in India, with other developed and developing nations:
|Country||FUE technique Cost per Graft||FUT technique Cost per Graft|
Medical tourism in Dubai refers to the practice of bringing individuals from other nations to Dubai for medical or cosmetic procedures such as plastic surgery, orthopedics, dermatology, dentistry, and hair transplant.
Because a hair transplant is such a significant decision, one should not choose just any facility because the quality might be compromised. Hair transplant in the UK provides the highest quality treatments, ensuring total customer satisfaction and ensuring that you will never regret your decision.
As you can see, the above chart shows that hair transplant cost in India is comparatively low, and is the cheapest destination for hair transplant when compared to other nations.
Further, the clinics which provide the best hair transplant in India are all equipped with:
- International standard clinical facilities
- World best graft room with video-assisted microscopes and a huge range of trained technicians
- Patient’s space with all amenities
The Centre for hair transplant in India provides worthiness, and it doesn't burn the pocket of anyone, and the cost-worthy decisions for hair restoration are satisfactory. Beard hair transplant has become a possibility thanks to hair transplants, however, one must exercise extreme caution before undergoing one.
What are the factors that affect the cost of hair transplants in India and other countries
- Grade of Baldness: Hair transplant cost in India mainly depends on baldness level. To determine the best course of treatment for hair loss, it is important to understand the progression.
- Number of sitting: Another factor that affects the cost of hair transplants in India is the number of sittings/sessions required for a particular set of grafts.
- Donor Area Quality: If your donor area is good, then the graft is taken from the scalp. But sometimes, due to insufficient donor hair, the doctor might have to take grafts from the beard or body. In such cases, the cost per graft will increase as compared to grafts from the scalp.
- Number of grafts: Hair transplant cost in India varies with the number of hair follicles or grafts that need to be transplanted on the bald area. It costs significantly more to implant hair over the entire scalp than in just one or two bald patches.
- The type of procedure, whether it is FUE or FUT: There are various hair transplant techniques in India. The cost of each technique is different. Depending on the type you choose, you will have to pay accordingly.
- Experience of the surgeon and the team: A Surgeon and his team play a significant role in the entire hair transplant treatment. Generally, a well-experienced surgeon charges a higher consultation fee. However, higher costs do not always indicate a better result. Therefore, it is important to research the surgeon, his experience in the field, the fee charged, and the entire treatment cost. So, we have created a well-researched list of surgeons from all the major cities in India such as hair transplant surgeons in Delhi This list consists of all the necessary information to choose the right surgeon for you.
- Clinic/hospital’s infrastructure and the facilities: Usually, well-established hospitals charge more fees than other small hospitals or clinics. The affordability of the hospitals and clinics might depend on the number of operations they perform per day and their respective geographical location across the globe.
- Location: Hair transplant cost in India also depends on location. The location of the clinic also plays a significant role while determining the cost. In areas where the cost of living is high, surgery costs may be greater.
- Competition: The cost of hair transplants is also affected by competition. It directly affects price, so places with relatively few hair transplant surgeons may be more expensive. Hair transplant cost in India varies tremendously since there is intense competition.
- Advanced equipment and technique: Currently, the health care industry is technologically driven. Mostly, the treatment depends on the advanced equipment and technique used, which directly impacts prices.
What facilities should you expect from Hair Transplant centers in India?
- Advanced imaging technologies.
- Complete health and hair screening services.
- Treatments for hair loss.
- Arrangement for a mode of transport.
- Accommodation services for patient and attendant(s).
- Foreign exchange facility.
Disclaimer : The above rates are for reference purpose only and may vary based on different requirements. To know actual rates, please contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions & Answers on "Hair Transplant Procedure" (81)
Hi I'm Dhivya, Pls, confirm the starting price for hair transplant treatment
When to wash hair normally after hair transplant?
What to expect 2 months after hair transplant?
When can i sleep on my side after hair transplant?
I am 35 year old woman , Ii am having excess hairfall.Need proper treatment for this