In 2021, 9,236 liver transplants were performed across world. In which most of the cases from American continent. Currently, Turkey has more than 45 liver transplant centers and only about one- fourth of them conduct more than 20 liver transplants every year.
Therefore, we have found you some of the reputable hospitals in Turkey that are capable of performing successful liver transplant with additional medical packages. We hope that this page will help you find the best liver transplant hospital for treating diseases like liver cirrhosis, Hepatitis, etc, and top doctors in Turkey.
What are the chances that you may require a liver transplant?
You can’t live without a healthy liver.
You may require a liver transplant if your liver stops working properly.
If you have end-stage liver disease, a liver transplant may be required. As it's a life- threatening liver disease.
Cirrhosis: As it's a End-stage liver disease and stays for a long time. It occurs when healthy tissue is replaced with scar tissue.
- Other disease that can lead to liver failure are:
- Acute hepatic necrosis: This is when the liver tissue dies.
- Biliary atresia: A rare liver and bile duct disorder that affects infants.
- Viral hepatitis: Hepatitis B or C are two most common causes.
- Metabolic diseases: Disorders that change the chemical function of the liver's cells.
- Primary liver cancers: These are harmful tumors that start in the liver.
- Autoimmune hepatitis: A swollen or reddened in liver.
- The transplant evaluation procedure:
- If your doctor believes that you requires a liver transplant, then they will recommend a transplant facility center for further examination. After that they will decide if someone needs a transplant or not. liver transplant surgery:
- A surgeon for transplantation
- A transplant provider who specializing in treating the liver
- Transplant nurses
- A social worker
- A psychiatrist or psychologist
- Other team members such as a dietitian, a chaplain, or an anesthesiologist
- The following steps required for transplantation evaluation process:
- Psychological and social evaluation
- Blood tests
- Diagnostic tests: Tests can be done to examine your liver and general health. These tests include X-rays, ultrasounds, a liver biopsy etc. Pap test, gynecology exam, and a mammogram can be done for women.