Neurologists in Velachery & nearby areas in Chennai, 17 Results
Dr. Lal. D. V
20 years of experience
Diploma in Child Health (DCH), MBBS
- Gold Medalist- National & State in 2009.
- Doctor at BumbleBee Child Development Centre.
- Member of Indian Academy of Paediatrics (IAP).
Dr. S. Balasubramaniam
20 years of experience
DM - Neurology, MD - General Medicine, MBBS
- Presented a rare case report in Indian Association of Neurologist conference in Indore in 2013.
- Assisant Professor at TN Government Multi Super Specialty Hospital.
- Member of Indian Association of Neurology.
Dr. Somasundaram Aadhimoolam Chinnadurai
13 years of experience
MRCP (UK), PhD - Neurology, DM - Neurology, MD - General Medicine, MBBS
- The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University Medal in Neurology in 2016.
- Consultant Neurologist at Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai, Tamilnadu.
- Member of American Academy of Neurology - AAN.
Dr. M. Kodeeswaran
21 years of experience
MCh - Neuro Surgery, MBBS
- Best Paper Award Held in Neurosurgery Conference -NIMHANS , Bangalore in 2006.
- Neurosurgeon at Boston Brain And Spine Care.
- Member of Neurological Society of India.
Dr. Shunmuga Sundaram
28 years of experience
DM - Neurology, MD - General Medicine, Diploma in Child Health (DCH), MBBS
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions & Answers on "Neurology" (91)
Hello Mr. Baburao.You would need evaluation for the jerks that u get in your legs. It could be a spine-related problem. You would probably need a spine MRI.
As your headache is 2-3 times a week, it needs to be treated. It could be Migraine. Please meet a Neurologist near you.
As per the complaints, this is a case of Sinusitis.
If you have sinusitis, the doctor may be able to recommend additional medications to relieve your symptoms, such as steroid nasal sprays or drops to reduce sinus swelling.
antihistamines - if your symptoms are caused by an allergy
Antibiotics - if you have a bacterial infection and are severely sick or at risk of consequences, antibiotics may be prescribed (but antibiotics are often not needed, as sinusitis is usually caused by a virus)
While analyzing the problem it indicates nerve compression, If numbness is persistent If no relief from medications and Physiotherapy, surgery may be required. For the exact solution you need show the MRI report to the orthopedist.
Generally there are 4 types of Resection to remove a tumor:
- Gross total: The entire tumor is removed. However, sometimes microscopic cells may remain.
- Subtotal: A large portion of the tumor is removed.
- Partial: Only part of the tumor is removed.
- Biopsy only: Only a small portion is removed, which is used for a biopsy.
The treatment or surgery depends on several factors like type of cancer, the stage of cancer, location, age of patient, general health, associated comorbidities and others. Consult an oncologist, who on evaluation of the patient will guide you to choose the best treatment suitable for the patient.
Hope our answer helps you.