Orthopedists in Santacruz East & nearby areas in Mumbai, 32 Results
Dr. Mandar Agashe
18 years of experience
Fellowship in Paediatric Hip and Trauma, SICOT Fellowship in Traumatology & Joint Replacement, Fellowship in paediatric orthopaedic, Fellowship in paediatric orthopaedic, MS - Orthopaedics, MBBS
- AO Advance course in Operative fracture management in Mumbai in October in 2010.
- Director, Centre for Paediatric Orthopaedic Care (CPOC) at Dr. Agashe’s Nursing Home, Kurla.
- Member of Bombay Orthopaedic Society.
Dr. Sanjay Singh
12 years of experience
Fellowship in Shoulder & Elbow Surgery, DNB - Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery, Diploma in Orthopaedics, MBBS
- Fellowship in Shoulder & Elbow surgery in 2015.
- Consultant Sports Medicine & Shoulder Surgeon at Saraswati Nursing Home.
- Member of Indian Arthroscopy Society.
Dr. Shabbir Suterwala
19 years of experience
Fellowship in Hip-Resurfacing & Joint Replacement, Brimingham (UK), Diploma in Orthopaedics, MBBS
- Best Medical Student Award in MBBS in 1997.
- Consultant orthopaedic surgeon at Global hospital.
- Member of Indian Orthopaedic Association.
Dr. Ritesh Nazareth
20 years of experience
DNB - Orthodontics, AFIH, Diploma in Orthopaedics, MS - Orthopaedics, MBBS
- Most Promising Orthopaedic Surgeon of the Year in 2004.
- Visiting Consultant at Sunridges Hospital,Juhu.
- Member of Bombay Orthopedic Society.
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions & Answers on "Orthopedist" (157)
Data from studies indicate that thigh pain is a significant complication after successful cementless total hip replacement surgery. In most cases, reported symptoms are mild to moderate, resolve spontaneously or do not progress, and require little or no therapeutic intervention.
Regarding what to expect 5 months after knee replacement - If there are no complications then you can work freely as per your wish.
But after knee replacement, some patients do not recover as quickly as others. Consider the following:
- Patients who conducted knee-strengthening activities before surgery have a better chance of recovering faster.
- It may take longer recovery time for those patients who are older, smoke, or have other medical concerns.
Note: Although deviations from the "normal" recovery timeframe is not always expected, but such fluctuations are usually acceptable as long as the patient, doctor, and physical therapist continue to collaborate in the pursuit of a complete recovery.
The movements which cause dislocation after hip replacement are:
a. Bending and leaning forward
b. Sitting on low chairs, low bed, low toilets.
c. Crossing the knees
d. Lifting knee higher than your hip.
Shoulder dislocation requires quick medical attention so that the dislocation can be assessed and joint space is reduced.
Shoulder dislocation causes damage to soft tissues,
Acupuncture helps in reducing the inflammation and pain caused due to dislocation and it plays an important role in promoting soft tissue healing.
Acupuncture anaesthetic points, Local and general body points together help to heal the dislocated shoulder. Electro Acupuncture, Moxibustion, Acupressure and Seed therapy combined with medical aid helps to quicken the total recovery time.
For pain relief in degenerative disc disease,
As per alternative medicine therapy, pain is due to imbalance in the body I.e. acid/ alkali imbalance or yin or yang imbalance
So first step is to give balancing acupuncture points and then target points, when 50% pain reduction is achieved, moxibustion, cupping, electro stimulation and seed therapy, diet tips and physical exercise is given