Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney- Neurosurgeon and Spine Surgeon
Dr. Gurneet Sawhney, a well-renowned neurosurgeon with different recognition in various publications with 18+ years of experience in the field and has expertise in different fields of procedure surgeries like complex neurosurgical and neurotrauma procedures, including brain surgery, brain tumor surgery, spine surgery, epilepsy surgery, deep brain stimulation surgery (DBS), Parkinson’s treatment, and seizure treatment.
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), MCh (Neurosurgery)
Medical experience of 18+ years
Fellowship in Functional Neurosurgery (Japan)
Fellowship in Epilepsy Surgery (Japan)
Fellowship in Neuroendoscopy
Dr. Gurneet Sawhney is a well-renowned neurosurgeon who practices in Mumbai. He is known for treating complex and critical brain and spinal cord disorders. He is an accomplished dynamic neurosurgeon with extensive training in minimally invasive surgery and neurotrauma procedures. Dr. Gurneet specializes in Functional Neurosurgery, Epilepsy Neurosurgery, Stereotactic Radiosurgery, and Neuroendoscopy and is now distinguished among the top neurosurgeon in Mumbai. He is known for his excellent surgery results for fatal brain conditions.
- Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney completed his MBBS from Terna Medical College, Navi Mumbai.
- He pursued MS (General Surgery) from St. John’s Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore.
- Dr. Gurneet completed his M.Ch in Neurosurgery (obtaining 1st Rank in Karnataka University) from St. John’s Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore.
- Under the guidance of Prof. Taira from Tokyo Women’s Medical University, Japan, he attained a fellowship in Functional Neurosurgery in February 2020.
- Under the guidance of Prof. Sugano from Juntendo University, he attained a fellowship in Epilepsy Surgery in March 2020
- He completed the 13th Delhi course on Neurointervention in April 2018
- The medical professional attended Bangalore's MIS Live Cad 2017 Cadaveric Workshop for Minimally Invasive Spine - Interlaminar Endoscopic (Destendau) Procedures.
- Additionally, Dr. Sawhney participated in the MIS Live Cad 2017 Cadaveric Workshop for Minimally Invasive Spine-Tubular Retractor Assisted Procedures in Bangalore.
- 2017 saw his completion of the 16th Neuroendoscopy Fellowship Program in Jabalpur.
- At St. John's Hospital, a "Pain and Palliative" certificate program was completed in 2008.
Awards and Publications:
- India Today Magazine ranked Dr. Gurneet among the Top Neurosurgeons in Mumbai in 2020.
- In 2016, he was awarded the most promising Neurosurgeon in Maharashtra by CyberMedia International Leadership for his work in rural Maharashtra.
- Stood 1st in the MCh Neurosurgery University examination at Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- Dr. Gurneet was one of the finalists in the Torrent Young Neurosurgeons Scholar Award at the All India Level.
- Published “SDH in Bleeding Diathesis- A Management protocol” in Indian J Surg. 2016 April.
- In the Indian Journal of Organ Transplantation 2008 edition, a paper on “Vein Transposition Fistulae, The St. John’s Experience” was published.
Where to find Dr. Gurneet Sawhney?
- Fortis Hospital, Mulund west, Mumbai
- Fortis Hospital, Vashi, Navi Mumbai
- Neurolife Brain and Spine Clinic, Mulund West, Mumbai
Question and Answers (109)
10 Best Neurosurgeon in IndiaNeurosurgery is concerned with the surgical treatment and rehabilitation of disorder, affecting the nervous system including the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, and cerebrovascular system. Hence, to deal with such complex parts, we need the best Neurosurgeon in India.
Brain Tumor Surgery- Learn the facts, benefits and risk factorsThousands of brain tumor cases are registered each year worldwide affecting young and adults alike. Surgery is considered one of the most beneficial methods to treat brain tumors. Learn about brain tumor surgery and its potential risks and complications
List of 16 Best Neurosurgeons in the World - Updated 2022The need for neurosurgeons in the world is expanding and becoming exponential. There are numerous neurological cases worldwide that require attention, and you or your loved one may be one of them. We have listed down many highly skilled and best neurosurgeons to lessen your worry. They can provide excellent services. This article summarises the 15 of the best neurosurgeons in the world with their specializations.
Stroke Treatment In India 2022( Get The Best Hospitals, Doctors, Cost & Treatments )Everyone knows that the treatment of strokes is prohibitively expensive. What’s more, the success rates of the treatment are not particularly encouraging. Your hard-earned money deserves to be put to good use. Did you know that India offers world-class stroke treatment at affordable prices? It also provides access to the latest medical technology. If you are looking for some honest information about stroke treatment in India, you have come to the right place.