Currently, cardiovascular diseases are the major cause of global deaths. As per research, nearly 18 million people died from cardiovascular diseases in 2019.
Let us try to know some often cardiovascular diseases:
- Coronary artery disease
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Congenital heart disease
- Rheumatic heart disease
These are the kinds of cardiovascular diseases that need treatment from the best heart hospitals in the world.
Some of the treatments include:
- Cardiac MRI
- Heart transplants
- Positron emission tomography
- Heart Attack
- Cardiac Arrhythmia
- Open-Heart Surgery
- Coronary Artery Disease
- 2D Echo
Now let us put some light on the best heart hospitals in the world.
Best UK heart hospitals
1. Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust:
|Address: Sydney Street, London SW3 6NP|
- The Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust have one of the best cardiology hospitals in the country.
- They are specialists only in treating and diagnosing heart and lung disorders.
- This hospital has 295 beds and more than 1,600 staff.
- This hospital is one of the top hospitals and houses one of the best pediatric cardiologists.
- This trust is the union hospital of Harefield and the Royal Brompton Hospital.
- It has one of the world’s strongest artificial heart implant programs.
- This trust is the pioneer in lung and heart disease treatment.
2. Harley Street Clinic:
|Address: The Harley Street Hospital, 19 Harley St, London, W1G 9QJ, UK|
- The Harley Street clinic is one of the parts of HCA Healthcare UK. This is the biggest private network in the UK.
- The main specialties of this clinic are cardiology and oncology. There are many types of outpatient diagnostic services.
- The cardio department here is awarded for excellence in safety and quality. The department houses one of the top 10 heart surgeons in the world. It is also among the top 10 hospitals in London for heart surgical procedures.
3. Lister Hospital:
|Address: Coreys Mill Ln, Stevenage SG1 4AB, United Kingdom|
- The Lister Hospital is part of the network of London healthcare facilities, with over 30 years of experience.
- They deal with all conditions affecting the heart. Which includes coronary artery disease, heart valve disease, heart rhythm disturbances, heart muscle problems, and high blood pressure. They opt for surgical treatment like Pacemaker surgery to treat the slow or abnormal heart rate.
- The Lister facility clinic is among the most famous centers in the UK. The IVF program is the most successful and the largest in the country.
- This hospital also has the best success rates that the HFEA verifies. It also has the best cardiac center, famous all over the country.
Best Indian Heart hospitals
The landscape of cardiac care in India has been revolutionized by a select group of hospitals, including esteemed government institutions, dedicated to the wellbeing of hearts. These government hospitals, such as the renowned All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), leverage the latest advancements in medical technology. From minimally invasive procedures to advanced imaging techniques, they ensure precise diagnoses and effective treatments, thereby transforming the way cardiovascular ailments are managed and treated.
1. Fortis Escorts:
|Address: Okhla Road, Sukhdev Vihar Metro Station, New Delhi, Delhi 110025|
- Since its establishment (1988), this hospital has become one of India's most reputed and prominent cardiac facilities.
- They also use the latest and most advanced technology for the treatment procedure.
- The cost of the treatment is high as they have a great success rate, which justifies their prices. They have many branches in India.
- Over the last 33 years, more than 70,000 patients have undergone heart surgery at Fortis Escorts, ranging from mitral valve surgery to cardiac bypasses to complex aortic and arch surgeries.
- Fortis Escorts Hospital Delhi provides services for pediatric cardiology, congenital surgery, angiography, preventive and rehabilitative cardiology, coronary angioplasty, cardiothoracic, and vascular surgery.
|Address: Bandra Kurla Complex, G / N, Bandra (E, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400051|
- Since its establishment in 2002, Asian Heart Institute has been one of the best Indian heart hospitals in Mumbai for any cardiac issues. It also provides schemes for the needy.
- It is one of the best cardiology hospitals in the world, with an incredible success rate.
- This hospital has come out on top with the treatment of one of the most complex heart surgeries and arterial grafts.
- This hospital is accredited with ISO 9001:2000 and provides free surgery to the 100 economically weaker sections of society.
- With a world-class surgical team, they performed over 24,000 cardiac surgeries with an average mortality of 0.7%. Additionally, they have completed 1,000 redo bypass surgeries with an overall success rate of 98% in the last 5 years.
- The services offered at the hospital are coronary artery bypass, rehabilitation, and preventive cardiology. The robot assists in these surgeries.
3. Apollo Cardiac Hospital:
|Address: Delhi Mathura Road, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi, India|
- The heart institute of Apollo Hospital is one of the biggest groups in cardiology.
- This hospital is famous for housing one of the best heart surgeons in the world for cardiothoracic surgery.
- Well, the scorecard of this hospital shows an unmatched record of more than 152,000 surgeries. This includes the list of bypass surgeries, surgery for valve heart disease, complicated bypass surgeries, and child heart surgery.
- This is done with a success rate easily comparable to international standards.
- They have third-generation cath labs, cardiac critical care units, and intensive care units that help experienced cardiologists and post-operative care teams become the most sought-after cardiology hospitals globally.
Best USA heart Hospitals
1. Cleveland Clinic:
|Address: 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland Ohio, 44195|
- The Cleveland Heart Clinic is ranked No. 2 in the best hospital rankings.
- It is ranked 13 in adults and 9th in pediatric consultants and has the best cardiac center and surgical facility.
- This is the no 1 hospital in Ohio and Cleveland and one of the best heart surgery hospitals in the world.
- This hospital provides the best patient experience and has a cardiac ICU, which is needed in emergency cases.
2. Mayo Clinic:
|Address: 200 First St. SW, Rochester, MN 55905|
- Mayo Clinic is among the best in Rochester, MN, and is ranked as the No. 1 hospital in the state.
- It is also nationally ranked No. 14th and 10th as the best pediatric heart clinic for children's cardiology.
- It is also highly rated for performing all the procedures without difficulty.
- This hospital also has its own cardiac ICU and provides the best patient experience. This hospital has the best team of doctors for many cardiac conditions.
3. Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre:
|Address: 8700 Beverly Blvd #2900A, Los Angeles, CA 90048, United States|
- The Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is ranked No. 6 as the best cardiology clinic.
- It is also a teaching hospital, ranked number 2 in California and the Los Angeles metro area.
- There is also a cardiac ICU present, which makes it very easy for most of the procedures and conditions.
Best Singapore Heart Hospitals
1. Farrer Park Hospital:
|Address: Farrer Park Station Rd, Connexion, Singapore 217562|
- Farrer Park hospital has a wide variety of facilities available for patients from all over the world.
- They have the best accommodation facilities, airport transfer, interpreters, choice of meals and much more.
- Patient care focus and personal attention are maintained throughout the facility.
- They provide technology and innovative procedures for the best medical and surgical treatment options.
- There is also a 24-hour emergency clinic and a pharmacy, with a total capacity of 121 beds.
2. Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital:
|Address: 38 Irrawaddy Rd, Singapore 329563|
- Mount Elizabeth Hospital is accredited by the JCI.
- This hospital has a capacity of 333 beds and a day ward with 20 beds.
- This hospital is among the best for the treatment of cardiovascular disease.
- It has one of the best specialized treatments for cardiac illnesses and has patients from all over the world.
- This hospital is equipped with an accident and emergency/24-hour walk-in clinic.
3. Gleneagles Hospital:
|Address: 6A Napier Rd, Singapore 258500|
- The Gleneagles hospital is also accredited by the JCI. There are also some of the best infrastructures and more than 270 beds, including the suites, single rooms, four-bed and two-bedded rooms.
- There are 12 operating rooms, and the hospital has its own patient assistance center.
- There is an endoscopy center in the hospital.
- There is also a 24-hour accident emergency unit and pharmacy available in the hospital. It is considered one of the best cardiology hospitals in the world.
Apart from these, a few other hospitals have secured their place in providing the best treatment for cardiovascular diseases. Let's read ahead to learn more about them.
The University of Tokyo Hospital, Japan:
|Address: 7 Chome-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo City, Tokyo 113-8655, Japan|
- The hospital has provided the best medical care to its patients and has become an important medical center in Japan.
- This general hospital offers care in all fields, including cardiovascular medicine.
- The hospital has a capacity of 1210 beds.
Keio University Hospital, Japan:
|Address: 160-8582 Tokyo, Shinjuku City, Shinanomachi, ３５, Japan|
- With the high-level techniques, the cardiology department provides the best medical services for patients with many cardiovascular diseases. Diseases such as arrhythmia, heart failure, congenital disease, and cardiomyopathy are treated here.
- The department of cardiology here can treat patients in an emergency.
- It is done in coordination with the other departments and is available 24 hours a day throughout the year.
- They use advanced equipment and innovative technology to carry out the procedures.
Centro Cardiologico Monzino, Italy:
|Address: Via Carlo Parea, 4, 20138 Milano MI, Italy|
- Monzino is Europe's first hospital dedicated exclusively to cardiac care. It features modern medicine and cutting-edge technology.
- They are excellent at cardiovascular research. The hospital is committed to translating the best scientific activity into clinical practice.
- They provide the best treatments on a large scale and have patients from all over the world.
Toronto General - University Health Network, Canada:
|Address: 190 Elizabeth St, Toronto, ON M5G 2C4, Canada|
- The PMCC is a world leader in diagnosing, caring for, and treating both simple and severe cardiac diseases.
- It is the central flagship campus of the university's health network.
- The emergency department is now treating more than 28,000 people. They are performing the best heart surgeries with a high success rate.
Deutsches Herzzentrum, Germany:
|Address: Augustenburger Pl. 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany|
- Well, the Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin is a medical research centre in Berlin, Germany.
- There is a new heart center that was built in the year 2021. They specialize in cardiovascular disease as well as cardiopulmonary transplantation.
- The hospital has two CMR scanners.
- This hospital is also preferred by most people from all over the world.
This is the list of the best heart hospitals in the world that you can refer to if you or any of your loved ones are suffering from heart disease. Make sure to contact your physician for the best option before getting treatment from these hospitals.
What are the most deciding factors in choosing the best hospital?
When you need hospital care, many people are going to go to the hospitals that are close by. But if you are looking for the best hospitals, then there are some points that you must consider.
Experience with the patients:
- Make sure you talk with your doctor about what kind of treatment you are looking for.
- If you have a high-risk pregnancy, you will need a different level of care than if you are suffering from diabetes and heart disease.
- There are times when you need a treatment that you cannot find anywhere else. Thus, this is why you first need to ensure that the hospital you are going to has some experience with patients like you.
Facilities and Care:
- There are many facilities and kinds of care that you must be looking for. Make sure that the hospital is providing you with that as well.
- Make sure that there are enough beds and people for your care, so you do not feel left out.
- Check the reviews from the newspapers, hospitals, and ratings to get satisfaction.
- To determine the doctor and the hospitals, check votes from the readers who might or might not have received care from the facility.
- This will ensure how you will be treated at the best cardiac hospitals and the level of treatment you will be getting there.
What are the reasons we suffer from heart disease?
There are different reasons that are causing various heart diseases. Let us see what triggers these diseases:
- when you are not performing enough exercise.
- Consuming an unhealthy diet. It is classified as a diet high in sodium, fat, sugary foods, and other fats.
- Smoking and drinking.
- When you are not able to control your diabetes.
- Residing in a high-stress environment without taking care to manage it properly.
- Type-2 diabetes
Frequently Asked Questions
How is a heart attack treated?
What should I do if I think I'm having a heart attack after bypass surgery?
What is the mortality rate for a heart attack after bypass surgery?
What is the recovery time after a heart attack after bypass surgery?
Can lifestyle changes reduce the risk of a heart attack after bypass surgery?
What is the long-term outlook after a heart attack after bypass surgery?
How long after bypass surgery can a heart attack occur?
Can a heart attack after bypass surgery cause permanent damage to the heart?