List of 25 Best Hospitals in The World 2023
In this article, we will discuss the best hospitals in the world based on their facilities and services. Also, will discuss various factors that need to be considered while choosing a hospital for treatment. Here is a list of famous and the best hospitals globally for 2022.
Table of Contents :
- Best Hospitals in the United States (U.S)
- Best Hospitals in the UK
- Best Hospitals in India
- Best Hospitals in Turkey
- Best Hospitals in Singapore
- Best Hospitals in Japan
- Best Hospitals in Germany
- Best Hospitals in Sweden
- Best Hospitals in Thailand
- What are the deciding factors in choosing the best hospital?
There are 197 countries worldwide, and only a few are rich in providing healthcare treatment. Mostly, we search for medical treatment in other countries for many reasons. Cost, advanced technology, and better quality treatment are some of the factors. We all wish to know which are the best hospitals in the world with well-trained doctors, the latest technology, and much more.
We all like to compare the costs of treatments in different countries. Most of us prefer India, Thailand, and the US for medical treatment because their hospitals provide world-class facilities, the latest equipment, and cost.
Here is the list of the top hospitals, along with some relevant information you should know before deciding on your treatment destination.
Best Hospitals in the United States (U.S)
We all know the US has the world's largest economy. It is rich in infrastructure, education, and technology. It has access to advanced medical technology, which is considered the driving factor for growth in medical tourism. Several major hospitals offer service coordinators to assist international patients with medical care, accommodation, finances, transportation arrangements, and air ambulance services.
Here you will get more details on top hospitals in the US:
1. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
|Address: 200 First St. SW, Rochester, MN 55905|
2. Cleveland Clinic
|Address: 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland Ohio, 44195|
3. Massachusetts General Hospital:
|Address: 55 Fruit Street Boston, MA 02114-2696|
4. UCLA Health – Ronald Reagan Medical Center
|Address: 757 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095, United States|
- UCLA is known across the country for its superior orthopedic care and pioneering research. They integrate the best orthopedic medicine and surgery with robust rehabilitative and diagnostic services.
- It is a self-supporting nonprofit organization that supports the clinical activities of the professional schools of dentistry, medicine, nursing, and public health.
- It is comprised of four hospitals and 520 beds.
- They offer complete healthcare services in high-tech and friendly settings, from preterm and newborn care to senior care.
- It is nationally ranked in the top 5 in diabetes & endocrinology, gastroenterology & GI surgery, geriatrics, ophthalmology, orthopedics, psychiatry, and pulmonology & lung surgery.
Best Hospitals in the UK
In the United Kingdom, each country has well-equipped private and public hospitals. The public healthcare facility is mainly given to the permanent residents. The hospitals in the UK are internationally acclaimed for their advanced technology and some of the best surgeons in the world. Every year, the UK earns around 220 million from medical tourism.
The UK has always been a choice for people whose priority is health and the subsequent cost of treatment. The National Healthcare Service (NHS) in the UK healthcare system. Private medical institutions collaborate with the NHS to provide patients with quality and timely treatment.
Let's read more about the best hospitals in UK:
1. St Thomas' Hospital (London)
|Address: Westminster Bridge Rd, London SE1 7EH, United Kingdom|
- It is one of the busiest maternity hospitals, where over 6,000 babies are born yearly.
- St. Thomas is famous for the world's first intraocular lens implant in 1949.
- St Thomas' is one of the oldest hospitals in London.
- They are one of London's most well-known teaching medical hospitals. They offer personalized care to patients from other parts of the country for conditions such as cancer, kidney diseases, and cardio-thoracic help.
- The total bed capacity of St. Thomas Hospital is about 840.
2. University College Hospital(London)
|Address: 235 Euston Rd, London NW1 2BU, United Kingdom|
- UCLH provides world-class, highly specialized care to patients in London and those from the UK and abroad.
- The world's first private hospital to perform spinal surgery in the womb.
- It focuses on women's reproductive health and cancer treatment, cardiovascular disease, infection, neurological conditions, gastrointestinal disorders, and dental ailments.
- In 2010, the Trust was selected as one of London's eight hyper-acute stroke units (HASUs).
- UCLH services are right now spread over four distinct London hospitals.
- The hospital has 721 inpatient and 35 intensive care beds.
3. Addenbrooke's Hospital (Cambridge University Hospital)
|Address: Addenbrookes Hospital, Hills Rd, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, United Kingdom|
- Addenbrooke's is a world-renowned teaching hospital
- They specialize in neurologic care, bone marrow, and liver transplantation.
- The Trust also provides emergency, surgical, and medical services to individuals in the Cambridge area through Addenbrooke's.
- They have five clinical divisions that ensure easy and hassle-free healthcare for their patients.
- It acts as a regional center for pediatrics and genetics.
- The total bed capacity of Cambridge University Hospital is around 1400.
Best Hospitals in India
India has fascinated people from all over the world with its secularism and culture. India is one of the world's leading destinations for getting treatments done. You will have access to a wide range of health care services at affordable prices.
Reasons for choosing India:
- Affordable medical treatment
- The cost of living is on the lower side (an essential factor for medical tourists)
- Availability of the latest medical technologies
- Highly qualified and trained doctors
Let's check ahead to some of the best places in India for your treatment that are famous worldwide.
1. AIIMS Hospital (Delhi)
|Address: Ansari NagarNew Delhi – 110029 (India)|
- AIIMS is known and respected worldwide for its technology-driven strategy and advanced medical research.
- AIIMS was featured in the top 100 list of best hospitals in the world by Newsweek.
- People from low-income backgrounds can get affordable treatment at this hospital.
- It comprises specialty centers in cardio-thoracic, neurosciences, dental education and research, ophthalmic, cancer, drug dependence, trauma, and integrative medicine & research.
- It has 2362 beds (including constructed emergency, private wards, and a trauma center).
2. TATA Hospital (Mumbai)
|Address: 2R3V+V5C, Parel East, Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400012|
- The Tata Memorial Hospital's surgical department has been at the forefront of surgical treatment for cancer since 1941.
- It is one of the best cancer hospitals in India.
- Nearly 60% of cancer patients receive primary care at the hospital, of which over 70% are treated almost free of any charges.
- Approximately 14,000 less invasive and 9,000 open procedures are conducted yearly at the Tata Hospital.
- The Hospital comprises various departments and services like radiation oncology, digestive system cancer, medical oncology, and many more. On the subject of cancer, TMC provides education as well as scientific and clinical research.
3. Apollo Hospital (Chennai)
|Address: 21, Greams Lane, Off Greams Road Chennai – 600006|
- The main branch of the Apollo Group is the state-of-the-art Apollo Hospital Chennai.
- They have had an unmatched score of 1,52,000 cardiac and cardiothoracic surgeries till now.
- Apollo Hospital is known as the first Proton Therapy Cancer Center in the whole of Asia.
- They have a capacity of 560 beds.
- It offers over 60 medical and surgical specializations, making it one of Chennai's most searched hospitals.
- This hospital's highlights include organ transplantation, weight management, and a diabetic unit.
- At Apollo Hospital, a successful pancreas transplant was conducted for the first time in India.
- The hospital has also done Asia's first en-bloc combination heart and liver transplant, marking a significant milestone in world healthcare.
|Address: CH Baktawar Singh Road, Sector 38, Gurugram, Haryana 122001|
- Medanta houses six centers of excellence that provide medical intelligence, cutting-edge technology, and state-of-the-art infrastructure with a well-integrated and comprehensive information system.
- The centers include the heart institute, kidney, urology, cancer institute, neurosciences, and bone-joint institute.
- The hospital is both NABH and NABL accredited.
- Medanta receives an average of 20,000 international patients per year.
- Medanta’s huge 2.1 million sq. ft. campus provides 1,600 beds and houses facilities for over 22 super-specialties.
- It is the first hospital in the country that offers robotic surgeries in cardiology, urology, and gynecology.
Best Hospitals in Turkey
Turkey is a home to some of the best hospitals and clinics in the world that provide several procedures and treatments like plastic surgery procedures which includes gynecomastia, breast reduction, liposuction, mommy makeover, tummy tuck, facelift,labiaplasty,BBL, Blepharoplasty, nose job, eyebrow transplants, etc., hair transplants, beard transplants, laser hair removal, IVF, dental procedures, cancer and neurology treatments etc.
1. Medical Park Bahcelievler Hospital:
|Address: Bahçelievler Mahallesi, E-5 Karayolu / Kültür Sok No:1, 34180 Bahçelievler/İstanbul, Turkey|
- The hospital has advanced diagnostic and treatment technologies. It provides urology, gynecology, cardiovascular diseases, orthopedics, neurology, and cancer treatments.
- They are some of the few hospitals in the world that use minimally invasive surgical methods for heart and vascular surgery.
- The institution is one of the few in the country that treats Parkinson's disease using surgery.
- The pediatrics and bone marrow sections are the two most popular divisions.
- Medicinal Park Bahçelievler offers selective national insurance arrangements for everyone.
- The hospital has 246 beds, 13 incubators, 89 polyclinic rooms, and 10 operating rooms.
2. Acibadem Bakirkoy Hospital:
|Address: Zeytinlik, Halit Ziya Uşaklıgil Cd. No: 1, 34140 Bakırköy/İstanbul, Turkey|
- Acibadem Bakrköy Hospital was the first hospital formed by the Acibadem Hospitals Group in 2000.
- This hospital uses advanced medical tools, such as 4-dimensional Breast Ultrasound, Full Body MRI, 3-Dimensional Tomosynthesis, Coronary CT Angiography, Radial Angiography, and Interventional Radiology.
- Pediatric experts in every field care for babies with severe and life-threatening diseases.
- The hospital is renowned for its pediatric cardiology and cardiac surgery.
- 102 beds, 27 intensive care beds, and 7 surgical rooms are available in this hospital.
- The hospital has a labor delivery recovery postpartum (LDRP) room that can be changed into a fully equipped birth chamber.
3. Liv Hospital Ankara:
|Address: Kavaklıdere, Bestekar Cd No:8, 06680 Çankaya/Ankara, Turkey|
- Liv Hospital Ankara is one of the hospitals in the Liv Hospitals chain. It is a renowned healthcare provider in Turkey,
Liv Hospital is known for its world-leading vision that treats patients from all around the world.
- The hospital has a brilliant team of doctors that provide disease treatment across a wide variety of disciplines.
- Liv Hospital in Ankara has built high-quality facilities and advanced medical technology.
- Some of the hospital's major specialties are cancer treatment, general surgery, hair transplant, kidney disease surgery, and many more.
There are 50 specialist clinics, 159 beds, 8 surgery beds, and a pharmacy in the hospital.
These were some of the best hospitals in Turkey, if you wish to gain some deeper insights into medical tourism statistics and know what are the treatments and success rates in Turkey. visit our page medical tourism in Turkey statistics 2022.
Best Hospitals in Singapore
1. Raffles Medical Hospital
|Address: 585 North Bridge Road #02-00 Singapore 188770|
- Raffles Hospital (JCI approved) is Singapore's and Southeast Asia's premier medical facility.
- Raffles hospital offers medical services in 35 specialties.
- Raffles offers various government schemes and subsidies for affordable medical expenses. However, it is only applicable to permanent residents.
- This hospital has a partnership with an international healthcare specialist for international insurance services.
- Each facility operates on an all-in-one approach and offers a full range of medical services.
- Inpatient facilities like inpatient rooms, birth and surgical rooms, CPR, neonatal chest compressions, dentistry clinics, a radiology unit, in-house laboratories, pharmacies, and rehabilitative services are available at the hospital.
- The Raffles Clinic in Singapore is famous for medical tourism for people worldwide.
- There are 307 inpatient rooms, 25-day care rooms for OPD procedures, and 12 operating theaters at the hospital.
2. Mount Elizabeth Hospital (Novena and Orchard)
|38 Irrawaddy Rd, Singapore 329563|
- For over 30 years, Mount Elizabeth Hospital has provided high-quality medical care.
- This hospital has a capacity of 333 beds and a day ward with 20 beds.
- It has one of the best specialized treatments for cardiac diseases and has patients from all over the world.
- The first private hospital in Singapore to perform open-heart surgery and establish a nuclear medicine center.
- The hospital specializes in oncology, neurology, and cardiology, among other care services.
3. Singapore General Hospital
|Address: 31 Third Hospital Ave, Singapore 168753|
- The Singapore General Hospital is the country's first affordable specialized care hospital.
- Ranked 3rd by Newsweek for its clinical research and nursing.
- The hospital conducts continuous clinical research to improve patient care.
- Clinical research involves a team of clinicians and scientists from various departments.
- The hospital was rewarded by the JCI for achieving its safety and quality standards.
- It was the first Asian hospital to get the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Magnet Recognition in 2010.
- The total number of beds in Singapore General Hospital is around 1,785.
Best Hospitals in Japan
1. The University of Tokyo Hospital
|Address: 7 Chome-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo City, Tokyo 113-8655, Japan|
- The University Hospital provides healthcare services in all areas of medicine.
- This hospital is listed as 16th rank for the best hospital in the world.
- WHO has collaborated with the hospital in addressing non-communicable and mental health issues.
- This hospital has many clinical branches such as gynecology, oncology, radiology, etc.
- It is a local disaster management medical center, cancer treatment, and prevention-based health center.
- The University Hospital also provides community healthcare services.
- The hospital has 1,217 beds (1,150 in the general ward and 67 in the psychiatric ward).
- The facility houses the hospital's evaluation and surgery, clinical, and research services.
2. St. Luke's International Hospital
|Address: 9-1 Akashicho, Chuo City, Tokyo 104-8560, Japan|
- The St. Luke’s Hospital is one of central Tokyo's largest and most comprehensive medical care facilities.
- This hospital in Japan is well-known for oncology and distant medicine.
- This hospital is also well known for its virtual consultations from its specialists with other hospitals and doctors.
- The total bed capacity (main & old) building is about 520, and 19 in the St. Luke's Birth Clinic.
- The hospital has departments like hematology, cardiovascular disease, a service center for children, etc.
- St. Luke's International Hospital was JCI approved in the year 2012.
3. Kameda University Hospital
|Address: 462 Yokosuka, Kamogawa, Chiba Japan 296-0001, Kamogawa, Chiba, Japan|
- Kameda Medical Centre includes Kameda General Hospital and Kameda Clinic.
- The Physicians working here mostly studied abroad, so they have both Japanese and American licenses.
- It is a multispeciality hospital that uses a combination of American and Japanese medicine to provide superb healthcare.
- The university hospital performs 1219 procedures across 54 specialties.
- They have departments like cardiology, cosmetic surgery, dental care, alternative medicine, etc.
- The hospital has 965 beds and 500 physicians specializing in anything from cancer treatment to eastern medicine.
- Kameda Clinic is an outpatient institution that sees over 3,000 patients daily looking for high-quality care.
- There is also a level-I emergency or trauma center on campus and a rehab center for patients.
- Kameda is also known for its advanced technology diagnostic imaging center.
- The hospital includes the most up-to-date MR/CT scanners and a PET-CT scanner.
Best Hospitals in Germany
Germany offers world-class treatment for every health issue. It has twice as many hospitals for every 1,000 residents compared to the USA. Apart from the best treatment offered by the hospitals in Germany, they even provide the patients with excellent post-treatment services. The major treatments for which people travel to Germany are cosmetic surgery and dentistry.
Germany has the oldest national health insurance system, which Otto von Bismarck introduced. Almost 90% of the population is covered under the insurance scheme.
Let's learn more about some of Germany's best hospitals.
- Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
|Address: Charitéplatz 1, 10117 Berlin|
- Charité treats 682,731 outpatients and 123,793 full and partial inpatients a year.
- More than 100 clinics and institutes cover the entire range of modern medicine: from ophthalmology to dentistry, all medical specialties are represented.
- It comprises 4 campuses and 17 Charité Centers, with 3,099 beds.
- It has approximately 100 departments and institutes.
2. Heidelberg University Hospital
|Address: Im Neuenheimer Feld 672, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany|
- The Heidelberg University Hospital is one of Germany's largest and most renowned medical centers.
- 80,000 patients as inpatients and more than 1,000,000 outpatients are treated annually here.
- Patients from the Rhine-Neckar region, Baden-Württemberg, other federal states, and abroad come for treatment.
- It comprises 1,991 beds, 7 medical centers, and 50 medical departments.
Best Hospitals in Sweden
Sweden's quality of healthcare facilities is similar to the services provided by hospitals in developed nations. It ranks among the top five countries in infant mortality. The cost of various treatments in Sweden is comparatively low.
So, if you are looking for quality and affordable treatment, Sweden is the right place.
The country specializes in various treatments such as obesity surgery, cosmetic surgery, orthopedics, stem cell therapy, heart surgery, and reconstructive surgery.
- Karolinska University Hospital
|Address: Anna Steckséns gata 41, 171 64 Solna, Sweden|
- Karolinska is one of Europe's leading university hospitals. 1.35 million patient visits each year come to Karolinska from all over Sweden and other countries.
- It has a capacity of 1600 beds.
- The IEM (Inborn Error of Metabolism) unit at Karolinska University Hospital consists of several clinical multidisciplinary teams that provide diagnostic and clinical care for pediatric and adult patients with all types of IEM.
- The laboratory provides national newborn screening for 24 disorders, comprehensive biochemical diagnostic services, functional enzyme analysis, and biochemical and molecular diagnostics for mitochondrial diseases.
- They provide care and consultations for patients with IEM 24/7 via a national telephone consultation line.
- It provides transportation with intensive care equipped buses, helicopters, and airplanes (PETS – Pediatric Emergency Transport Service).
- Additionally, ambulatory and rehabilitation services are provided for neonatal, pediatric, and adult care.
2. Akademiska Sjukhuset
|Address: SE-751 85 Uppsala|
- Akademiska Sjukhuset is Sweden's oldest university hospital, serving people since 1708.
- It comprises 8 000 staff and 1 000 beds.
- Annually, over 700,000 people are treated here from all over the world.
- Each year there are 55 000 admissions, 346 000 physician encounters, and 318 000 outpatient treatments.
Best Hospitals in Thailand
As medical tourism is costly in developed countries, people come to Asian countries like India, Singapore, and Thailand because of their superior medical facilities and cost-effective medical treatments. These countries have invested in medical infrastructure development and first-class healthcare facilities. Thailand is well-known for medical tourism.
A decade ago, Thailand provided medical services to more than 1.4 million foreign patients. Currently, treatment for foreign patients has increased to 450,000 per year.
1. Bumrungrad International Hospital (Bangkok)
|Address: 33 Soi Sukhumvit 3, Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand|
- Bumrungrad is Southeast Asia's largest international hospital. It has been a global pioneer in providing world-class healthcare services and international patient support for nearly four decades.
- They provide care for over 1.1 million patients from more than 190 countries annually.
- Bumrungrad has a capacity of 5,000 beds and 45 specialized centers.
- It has received HA accreditation from Thailand's Institute for Quality Improvement of Medical Services. It was the first clinic in the country accredited by HQIA in 1999.
- It was the first hospital in Asia accredited by the JCI for Quality and Safety in Medicine (JCI) in 2002.
- This international hospital has established multidisciplinary teams of over 1,300 experienced medical doctors and 4,800 support professionals to provide patients across more than 70 medical subspecialties.
- To remain a leader in state-of-the-art technology, Bumrungrad was the first IBM Watson (machine-learning AI that assists physicians) site worldwide.
What are the deciding factors in choosing the best hospital?
Facilities and corporeal resources
Clinicians and supportive personnel
Cost of Cancer Treatment in India
Question and Answers (729)
21 Best Cancer Hospitals in WorldNowadays, more and more people are open to traveling to another country in search of the best cancer hospitals in the world. The word cancer brings fear in the heart of people, but you will be surprised to know that millions of people around the globe are diagnosed with cancer every year.
15 Best Orthopedic Hospitals in the World- Updated List 2023Orthopedic surgery involves the diagnosis, treatment, and management of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system, which includes bones, joints, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. From sports injuries to degenerative conditions, orthopedic procedures can improve mobility, reduce pain, and enhance overall quality of life. When considering orthopedic treatment, it is important to find a hospital with a strong reputation for excellence in orthopedic care. In this article, we will provide a list of the top orthopedic hospitals in the world, based on factors such as patient outcomes, innovative technology, and expertise of the medical staff. Whether you are in need of a simple procedure or a complex surgery, these hospitals are equipped to provide the highest level of care. So please make sure to share this article with someone who needs to read it! This article covers the best orthopedic hospitals in the world.
16 Best Eye Hospitals in the World- Updated 2023Are you suffering from any ocular problems or irritations constantly? If so, then it's time to visit an eye hospital. Do not worry! Here, we have outlined the world's best eye hospitals and ranked them according to their hospitality & quality service. Let's read out to learn more!
10 Best Lung Treatment in the World- Updated 2023Do you know? Respiratory diseases are one of the many leading causes of death worldwide. Approx. 384 million people suffer from pulmonary diseases, leading to 3 million deaths yearly and making it the third most widely spread infection worldwide. Severe respiratory diseases like asthma affect 626 million people, many of whom are children, resulting in 6 million deaths yearly. Finding the best treatments worldwide will be essential to living a long and healthy life if you have been diagnosed with lung disease. Do not worry! You've come to the right page! This article lists hospitals that provide the best lung treatment options available worldwide.
10 Best Mental Hospitals in the WorldEveryone goes through times of despair, intense loss, conflict, and stress. However, when people don't address these mental health problems, it causes them to experience various types of mental diseases. However, if one sees a professional at the appropriate moment, coping with such disorders can be done more quickly than having to endure them for an extended time. This article is for you if you are looking for a reliable mental hospital! We have curated a list of the best mental hospitals in the world. So make sure to read it to the end!