Chennai, India's fourth-largest city and the commercial heart of South India, is one of the country's safest cities, having recently been named one of the BBC's Top 52 nations to live in. It is supposed to be a city rich in ancient legends. Chennai has some of the best in class hospitals in India with the latest technology equipment and a team of experts. Below is the list of best cancer treatment hospitals in Chennai
Best Cancer Hospitals in Chennai
8:30 am - 6 pm
8:30 am - 5 pm
7 am - 6 pm
Mon, Wed, Fri
7 am - 8 pm
- HCG Hospital is the largest provider of cancer care is at the forefront of the battle against cancer which makes it one of the best cancer hospitals in Chennai.
- Through its network of 20 comprehensive cancer centers that are spread across India, HCG has brought advanced cancer care to the doorstep of millions of people.
- The Surgical Oncology department is fully equipped with all the latest technologies to perform surgeries like Head & Neck Resections, Breast Cancer Surgeries, including conservative breast surgery, modified radical mastectomy, and breast reconstructive procedures.
Fortis Malar Hospital
- The healthcare verticals of this organization primarily comprise hospital, diagnostic, and day care specialty facilities.
- Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai offers comprehensive medical care with a team of experts and surgeons like cardiologists, neurologists, neurosurgeon, orthopedists, nephrologists, gynecologists, urologists, etc.
- It specializes in cutting-edge medical technology and dedicated patient care service.
Gleneagles Global Health City
- The first hospital in South India to perform 5 organ transplant surgeries successfully in a day.
- First Hospital to introduce the Two Wheeler Ambulance Service (GART- Global Accident Rescue Team).
- First Hospital in South Asia to perform the Nucleus Replacement in Spine and performed various Spine surgeries.
- First time in India, Global Health City successfully implants an Implantable Artificial Lung.
Miot International Hospital
- Started as a center for orthopedics, it has now become multi-specialty dealing with neurosurgery, cardiology, thoracic and cardiovascular care, nephrology, oncology, knee replacement, hip replacement surgery, plastic surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics, craniofacial and cosmetic surgery, and more.
- Spread across 14-acres, the hospital has bagged many awards, including Niryat Shree Gold Award in 2002 and 2009; FIEO Niryat Shree Bronze Trophy 2008; FIEO Southern Region Export Excellence Award 2012 – 2013, 2013 – 2014, and 2015 – 2016.
- In 2013, MIOT Institute of Hematology, Hemato-Oncology, and BMT performed the first T- Replete Haplo Identical Bone Marrow Transplant in India.
- The emergency liver transplant saves a rapidly deteriorating 26-year-old mother with Jaundice and a damaged liver.
Vs Hospitals - Multi Speciality
Mon - Sat
12 am - 11:59 pm
- When it comes to cancer hospitals how can we not talk about the VS Hospital?
- The VS hospital was found by Dr. S Subramanian and is among the best cancer hospital in Chennai.
- The hospital provides world-class cancer care to the patients at an affordable cost.
Shenoy Nagar, Chennai
- Billroth hospital’s department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences is one of the most advanced facilities in the country and on par with leading healthcare institutions.
- The national accreditation board for calibration and laboratories (NABL) has honored Billroth Hospital for the excellent and sophisticated labs and lab services offered by them.
- For the past 25 years, the hospital has exhibited some outstanding services that came at the right time to the right people to serve them.
- The hospital has tied up with some of the well-established NGOs to treat people for free. The reasons for such programs are to extend their maximum medical care to the people of the country.
- We wish to tell you that, Vijaya Hospital is one of the pioneer health care institutes offering cancer treatment in Chennai.
- This multi-specialist hospital has doctors who are specialized in manifold fields of healthcare.
- The hospital helps patients with medicines, Ayurveda, surgery, and counseling.
- It has its own blood bank, foot clinic, pathology department, mother’s milk bank, rehabilitation center, pharmacy, and diagnostic center.
Sri Ramachandra Medical Center
- It has excellence in more than 50 specialties and super specialties.
- The hospital has the best surgeons, physicians, and health care providers across all surgical and medical specialties.
- The 24-hour emergency care area is staffed by trained emergency physicians and other professionals who are well prepared to handle critical care patients.
- Dr. Ravikumar is a leading doctor working with the hospital and also an honored member of the National Academy of Medical Sciences and Bureau of India Standards.
Mgm Healthcare Chennai
Mon - Sat
9 am - 5 pm
- 102 heart transplants in a year (3rd highest in the world)
- 110 Pediatric Heart Transplants (Highest in Asia)
- India’s highest number of transplants i.e., more than 365 heart-lung transplant surgeries
- The expert team has performed more than 25000 heart surgeries.
Adyar Cancer Institute
- Also known as Adyar Cancer Institute, Cancer Institute (WIA) became the Regional Cancer Centre in 1974.
- In 1974, it was declared as the “Centre of Excellence” by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- It has the first medical school in India which offers degrees in various sub-specialties of oncology by the Medical Council of India.
- The hospital was founded by Dr. Muthulakshmi Reddy – India’s first woman medical graduate.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why Cancer treatment in India is a better option?
India is developing its technology at a fast phase, and the same is with the medical sector. Here are some reasons why India is the best destination for Cancer treatment:
- Hospitals with international accreditation
- Skilled and experienced doctors
- Affordable treatment
- Advanced technology
- Availability of easy medical visa
- High-quality research and development
Know more information about cancer treatment in India.
2. What is the cost of Cancer Treatment in India?
A person cannot determine the cost of cancer treatment in India without having complete knowledge about the patient. On average the cost can range between Rs 5,00,000 to Rs 6,00,000. Know more about cancer treatment costs in India.
3. What factors should one consider while choosing a hospital for cancer treatment?
- Specialization: Before going in for a treatment or consultation, a person should know if there is a cancer specialty available in the hospital on not.
- Technology: Cancer treatment requires advanced technology. Before a person chooses a hospital, he should make sure there is proper technology available in the facility.
- Doctors: A person should find out about the doctors in the hospital and their experience with treatments.
We have created a list of hospitals considering all the factors, for complete information, visit our list of Cancer Hospitals in Bangalore
4. What is the difference between hospitals with NABH accreditation and JCI accreditation?
The international society of quality has approved both of these international health quality standards. NABH (National Accreditation Board for Healthcare Organizations) is an Indian product promoted by the Quality Council of India, whereas JCI (Joint Commission Worldwide) is the international branch of the American Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
As a result of this comparison, the NABH standard is at par with JCI and other worldwide standards approved by ISQua. Both are separated into patient and administrative healthcare parts. The bulk of the JCI and NABH criteria are the same. While not all objective criteria are required in JCI, they are all required in NABH, making it more difficult to achieve.
5. Which will be the best hospital for the oncology department in India?
This is really a tough situation and it's tougher to find hospitals that provide the best-in-class treatment with a team of specialized & experienced doctors. To make this task easy for you we have prepared a list of the Best Oncologists in India. Hope our answer helps you.
6. What is the duration of an Indian Medical Visa?
By default, the Indian government permits this visa to be valid for 60 days. However, India's new visa policy allows for the extension of a paper-based medical visa for up to 180 days. You do not need a Medical Visa if you entered India on an Indian Tourist Visa or an Indian Business Visa and need medical help during your stay in India that was not expected in advance.
Furthermore, you do not need a medical visa for consulting a doctor about your problem. A Medical Visa, on the other hand, is required for treatment. Here is the list of the best medical tourism companies in India for your reference.