Hematologists in Mahim & nearby areas in Mumbai, 4 Results
Dr. Priti S Mehta
23 years of experience
FNB - Pediatric Hematology Oncology, MD - Pediatrics, DNB, MBBS, Diploma in Child Health (DCH)
- SIOP Scholarship, International Thalassemia Scholarship for best paper.
- Consultant at S L Raheja Fortis Hospital.
- Member of Maharastra Medical Council.
Dr. Vashishth Maniar
11 years of experience
DM - Medical Oncology, MD - General Medicine, MBBS
- Gold Medalist in 2014.
- Senior Registrar at Gujarat Cancer and Research Institute.
- Member of European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO).
Questions & Answers on "Hematologist" (7)
Generally the recovery time for a bone marrow transplant recipient is about three months to one year. But it may vary from patient to patient depending upon many factors like age of patient complications occurred during the treatment and others. Consult an oncologist, who will guide you through the treatment. Hope our answer helps you.
Bone marrow transplant also called as stem cell transplant, is potential cure for sickle cell anemia. Treatment options are:
- Medications to reduce pain and prevent complications.
- Vaccinations to prevent infections.
- And blood transfusions.
- Life style changes are also of help, such as:
- Taking folic acid supplements daily.
- Having a healthy diet.
- Drinking plenty of water.
- Avoid temperature extremities.
Also, there are some hospitals where concession on medical treatments are available though cards like Ayushman bharat, CHGS, etc. Some government hospitals are:
- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Christian Medical College (CMC) and Hospital, Vellore.
Consult a hematologist - Hematologists in Delhi. Hope this helps you, and let the team know if your preferred location is different.
Wiskott Aldric syndrome (WAS) is a very rare X-linked recessive disease characterized by eczema, thrombocytopenia (low platelet count), immune deficiency, and bloody diarrhea (due to thrombocytopenia). It needs a multidisciplinary approach. Treatment too has to cover different aspects of the syndrome. Transplantation is the current accepted treatment HLA typing of all potential donors should be done. If a family donor is not identified, an unrelated donor should be searched so that potential donor is available. But over all benefits of the therapy has to be taken into account. Usually, bone marrow transplantation cost ranges from Rs. 15,00,000 ($20,929) to Rs. 40,00,000 ($55,816). The cost may vary depending on the experience of the doctor and also from one hospital to another. Consult a hematologist, our page could help you with that - Hematologists in Mumbai. Hope our answer helps you.