Chennai is a hub for some of the best IVF centers in India and have highly experienced fertility specialists and embryologists. They offer a range of treatments, including IVF, IUI, egg donation, sperm donation, surrogacy, and more. They also offer comprehensive diagnostic services to identify the underlying causes of infertility.
Here’s the list of some of the best IVF centers in Chennai:
Why to choose IVF treatment in Chennai?
Choosing IVF treatment in Chennai could be advantageous due to:
- Advanced Facilities: Access to cutting-edge medical technology and expertise.
- Expertise: Highly skilled fertility specialists and support staff.
- Cost-effectiveness: Generally more affordable compared to some other regions.
- Success Rates: Some clinics report high success rates.
- Cultural Comfort: Multicultural environment for international patients.
- Privacy: Emphasis on patient confidentiality.
- Convenience: Access to accommodations and services in a metropolitan area.
- Research: Clinics contribute to and benefit from the latest advancements.
- Second Opinions: Options for fresh insights and recommendations.
- Holistic Approach: Consideration of emotional and lifestyle factors.
Frequently asked question:
- What is the success rate of IVF in Chennai?
The success rate of IVF in Mumbai varies depending on the age of the woman, the cause of infertility, and the experience of the IVF doctor. In general, the average success rate of IVF in Mumbai is around 40%. However, women under the age of 35 have a success rate of up to 50%, while women over the age of 40 have a success rate of around 20%.
2. What are the costs of IVF in Chennai?
The costs of IVF in Chennai vary depending on the clinic, the treatment plan, and the medications used. In general, the cost of IVF in Chennai ranges from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 3 lakh. However, there are some clinics that offer IVF at a lower cost.
3. What are the risks of IVF?
The risks of IVF are relatively low, but they do exist. Some of the risks of IVF include:
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS): This is a rare but serious complication of IVF that can cause fluid buildup in the abdomen and chest.
- Multiple births: IVF can increase the chances of having twins or triplets.
- Ectopic pregnancy: This is a pregnancy that occurs outside the uterus.
- Birth defects: The risk of birth defects is slightly increased with IVF, but it is still very low.
4. What are the success rates of different types of IVF?
There are different types of IVF, each with its own success rate. The most common type of IVF is conventional IVF, which has a success rate of around 40%. Other types of IVF, such as ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) and donor IVF, have higher success rates, but they are also more expensive.
5. How long does IVF take?
The entire IVF process can take anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks. The first step is to undergo a series of tests to assess your fertility. If you are found to be eligible for IVF, you will then start taking fertility medications. Once your eggs are mature, they will be retrieved and fertilized with sperm in the lab. The fertilized eggs will then be transferred back to your uterus. If the transfer is successful, you will be pregnant within a few weeks.
The advanced technology and success rate of IVF have increased the possibilities of a couple becoming pregnant. If a couple has infertility concerns such as blocked fallopian tubes, ovulation disorders, endometriosis, decreased sperm production, and ovarian failure, they can opt for IVF treatment.
The IVF centers in India have a team of some of the best IVF doctors in India who have a vast amount of experience and expertise in their field.