If you are in search of the best knee replacement surgeon in India, then you have landed on the right page. Knee replacement also known as knee arthroplasty is a surgical process performed to relieve the pain and disability in the knee. In India, knee replacement surgery is performed by the best doctors in the best hospitals which match the International standards of treatment. Also, knee replacement surgeons are skilled and qualified to perform complex knee surgeries using the most modern treatment and surgical methods.
10 Best Knee Replacement Surgeon in India
Dr. Ashok Rajgopal
47 years of experience
FRCS - General Surgery, MS - Orthopaedics, MBBS
- Dr. Ashok has been honoured with the prestigious Padma Shri Award for his contribution to the field of orthopaedics.
- Not only that but he has also completed a record 25,000 Total knee replacements surgeries in India.
- Another standout milestones he completed was performing a total of 28 knee replacement surgeries in less than 12 hours.
- He is an expert in sports injury treatment and has treated many well-known sportsmen such as Pullela Gopichand when he had suffered a knee injury while playing doubles at the 1994 National Games
- The doctor also has an interest in writing and has published in many newspaper articles like TOI, The Hindu, etc.
Dr. Pradeep Sharma
41 years of experience
Mch, MS, MBBS
Dr. S. Chandran
51 years of experience
- Dr. S. Uma Chandran specializes in many treatments like Spine Mobilization, Joint Replacement Surgery. No doubt, because of his extensive contribution to the field of orthopaedic and treating many patients, he is invited to many events.
- He has been an active member of the Madras Medical Council and Medical Council of India.
Dr. Anil Karkhanis
46 years of experience
MS, FCPS, Diploma, MBBS
- Dr. Anil has been honoured with many awards for his services and excellence in this field of practice. Dr. Anil has been awarded the first rank in D Orth, the second rank in MS Orth.
- Dr. Anil is a member of different reputed associations like the Indian Medical Association, Indian Arthroscopy Association and Association of Spine Surgeons in India. He is one of the leading doctors for knee replacement in Mumbai.
Dr. Narendra Vaidya
29 years of experience
M.Ch - Orthopaedics, A.T.L.S (USA), DNB - Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery, MS - Orthopaedics, MBBS
- There is no surprise that Dr. Narendra Vaidya has performed more than 1700 surgeries per year. He has accomplished many milestones in his short span of work.
- Dr. Narendra considered one of the top knee replacement surgeon in India has achieved a huge milestone by performing more than 5000+ joint replacement and a total 50,000+ orthopaedic surgery.
- To serve the society at large, he has opened a hospital that is equipped with all types of orthopaedic related machines and equipment.
- He is the first doctor in India to introduce a very innovative Trauma System in India which has helped in saving many patients who get injured during different types of accidents on highways.
- Awarded with "Rashtriya Ratna Award" by Global Economic Forum, for his contribution in the rescue of earthquakes victims at Anjar, Gujarat.
Dr. Gopala Krishnan
39 years of experience
- Dr. Gopala Krishnan is keen on conducting many workshops and events on joint reconstruction treatments and different orthopaedic treatments. His interest in conducting conferences has encouraged him to carry out more than 75 Guest Lectures at National and International Conferences.
- Dr. Gopala Krishnan is an active member and part of many associations related to medical like the Indian Orthopaedic Association, Tamil Nadu Orthopaedics Association, Pediatric Orthopaedic Association of India, etc.
Dr. Pradeep Bhosale
36 years of experience
MS - Orthopaedics, MBBS
- He has performed over 12,000 different joint replacement surgeries which are pretty commendable, especially when comparing with the other best doctor for knee replacement in India.
- When you jump into Dr. Bhosale’s education and training it’s extensive. He has completed his MBBS and MS from King Edward Memorial Hospital. He went on to receive a fellowship in Total Joint replacement from (New York, USA). He is among the very few doctors in the country to get trained in Computer Assisted Arthroplasty surgery from Australia.
- Due to his skills and his passion for work, he has been given special invitations to attend as a guest speaker in different national and international conferences.
Dr. Sks Marya
40 years of experience
M.Ch - Orthopaedics, DNB - Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery, MS - Orthopaedics, MBBS
- He has more than 15,000 joint replacement surgeries to his name
- He introduced the computer-assisted surgery for knee and hip in India. Apart from this, Dr. Marya has pioneered single sitting bilateral knee and hip replacement in Delhi and Gurgoan.
- Dr. S K Marya has been credited with Unicompartmental (Half Knee) replacement in Delhi and Gurgaon City. He has also published exclusive work and study on fractures for different joint surgeries.
- Being a well-known orthopaedic doctor in India, he is a member of very well-known associations like the Arthroplasty Association, Indian Orthopaedic Association, etc.
Dr. Jvs Sagar
39 years of experience
M.S., MBBS, High School, Primary School
- He is affectionately called the father of Arthroscopy among the top knee replacement surgeon in India, the reason being that he has successfully performed more than 29,000 Arthroscopy surgeries in his career till now which is the highest in India.
- Dr. JVS Vidyasagar has his expertise in Orthopaedic Trauma Care, Sports Injuries, Orthopaedic Oncology, and many more.
- Experienced and best knee surgeon in India, he is a member of the prestigious Indian Orthopaedic Association, Andhra Orthopaedic Association, etc.
Dr. Senthil Kumar
45 years of experience
FRCS, MS - General Surgery, MBBS
- Dr. Senthil's main areas of interest are Total Hip Replacement Surgery, Total Knee replacement surgery, Spine Surgery, etc. Being a well know doctor, Dr. Senthil is part of medical associations like Tamil Nadu Orthopaedic Association, Royal College of Surgeons and Indian Association of Orthopaedic, etc.