- Honored with the Swami Vivekananda National Award for his contribution to the teaching and practice of Aesthetic Surgery in India.
- Won the Best Paper for his work on Hair Transplant and Liposuction at the 8th International Congress of Oriental Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Awarded a certificate from the Oriental Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery on Liposuction.
- Chairman of Enhance Aesthetic and Cosmetic Studio, located at Grant Road (Mumbai), Khar West (Mumbai), Worli (Mumbai), Gurgaon, and Delhi.
Liposuction doctors in Kolkata, 22 Results
Dr. Manoj Khanna
27 years of experience
MBBS, M.Ch, DNB - Plastic Surgery
Dr. Sheila Rohatgi
60 years of experience
MBBS, MS - General Surgery, MCh - Plastic Surgery
- First Indian Plastic Surgeon to start liposuction.
- First Indian Plastic Surgeon to start microsurgery in Calcutta.
- Former President of Rotary Club of Calcutta Uptown.
- Awarded Pholandevi Lifetime Achievement Award from the Association of Surgeons of West Bengal.
- Founder of The Calcutta Aesthetic Surgery Clinic.
Dr. Srinjay Saha
21 years of experience
MBBS, MS - General Surgery, MCh - Plastic Surgery, MRCS (UK)
- Achauer International Award, 2017.
- Awarded the Fellowship of Harvard Medical School.
- First few doctors who had done regenerative surgery and minimally invasive laser scar treatments.
Dr. Arindam Sarkar
23 years of experience
MBBS, MS - ENT, MCh - Plastic Surgery
- Professor and Head of the Department of Plastic Surgery (IPGME&R, Kolkata).
- Former Secretary and Treasurer of the Association of Plastic Surgeons of West Bengal.
- Awarded for best paper presentation at Prof. S Mukherjee oration.
Dr. Nilendu Sarma
19 years of experience
MBBS, MD - Dermatology
- Assistant Professor at NRS Medical College.
- An active member of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV).
- Awarded IADVL Oration awards, IJD- Ranbaxy Award, Indubala Devi Memorial Award, CODFI-IAISD Award, and etc.
Dr. Dinesh Hawelia
29 years of experience
- Former Secretary of IADVL-West Bengal.
- Organizing Secretary of Cuticon West Bengal.
- Prominent member of the Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists, and Leprologists (IADVL).
Dr. Deepanjan Dey
7 years of experience
MBBS, DNB - General Surgery, MCh - Plastic Surgery
- For his contribution to the medical field, he has been awarded MCh Plastic Surgery Awards- 2017.
- Renowned doctor in Kolkata for his expertise in Liposuction Surgery.
Liposuction in Kolkata
Urban population today is very much concerned about their looks. Both men and women are equally concerned about the way they appear. Excess fat is not only a baggage, but it also appears ugly. A commonly used procedure to remove excess fat is -Liposuction. This treatment is available in Kolkata, India. According to many surveys, Liposuction in India is the most preferred destination for anyone in the world to undergo cosmetic surgeries. The cost of this cosmetic surgery is comparatively very reasonable when compared to other countries in the world. However, Liposuction cost in India is also that reasonable and it can be afforded by everyone in the world. Liposuction in Kolkata is preferred by many and is gaining a lot of importance day by day.
In the last 10 years or so, Kolkata has taken major strides in improving the health care facilities in the city. Today, the hospitals and private clinics in Kolkata are on par with any other metropolitan cities in India. One can get liposuction surgery in Kolkata done at an affordable cost. Liposuction can aslo be performed by the skin specialist and dermatologist. Dermatologist and Skin specialist in Delhi are well known for liposuction. If you are looking for affordable liposuction you can also opt for Skin specialist in Gurgaon, as the clinics offers cheapest and affordable packages for the surgery. Also, Skin specialist in Faridabad and Skin specialist in Noida are famous for providing excellent liposuction in Delhi.
Liposuction is a surgical procedure that involves removing of excess fat from the body using a suction device and a specialized cannula. It is a scar-less procedure and helps in giving your body , the desired curves. Depending upon the area to be treated, Liposuction may be carried out under local or general anesthesia.
What is the cost of liposuction in Kolkata?
The cost may begin from Rs. 20,000 /- and vary depending upon the amount of fat needs to be removed. The cost of Liposuction in Kolkata may also depend upon the number of sessions required and the type of anesthesia administered to the patient.
Some of the common liposuction techniques used are:
1. Tumescent Liposuction
In this type of technique, an anesthetic solution is injected into the fatty tissue that makes the area to become swollen (tumescent) and firm. This enables the surgeon to remove the excess fat uniformly and accurately. This technique produces good results. A thin tube or a cannula is used to suck out the fat with the help of high pressure vacuum.
- Advantages of Tumescent Liposuction are;
• Smaller incisions are made, which results in less scarring.
• Mild local anesthesia is used.
• Shorter recovery time.
• Minimum fluid and blood loss.
• The cannula used in the surgery reduces risks of bruising and swelling.
• Care is taken to reduce the infection with the use of antibacterial solutions.
2. Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction or UAL
This type of liposuction makes use of ultra high frequency sound waves to dissolve fat. A cannula is then inserted through small incisions and the fat is vacuumed out.
Advantages of UAL
- Large amounts of fat cells can be removed.
- This method causes less blood loss and fluid loss in comparison to Tumescent Liposuction.
- Recovery is faster.
- Prevents damage to most of the body tissues.
Although UAL has several advantages, it has some drawbacks too. The incisions are bigger in UAL than Tumescent Liposuction. This will make the scars more visible. Skin burns may be the other possible side effects of UAL.
3. Power assisted Liposuction or PAL
This technique is similar to UAL except that a vibrating cannula is used in sucking out the fat. This cannula is programmed to produce precise movements which enables accurate and precise removal of fat.
Advantages of PAL
- Comparatively less bruising is found in this technique.
- Recovery time is also short.
- 30% more fat can be removed using this technique.
Liposuction surgery in Kolkata can be performed on both men and women. However, one must gather all the facts about the surgeon and the clinic before undergoing the treatment.