- Top Ranked in Cosmetic Surgery, Skin & Hair Care, Times Health Survey, 2018.
- Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery at SRM Medical College Hospital.
- Founder, Cosmetic Surgeon & Aesthetic Physician Of Pearl Health.
Liposuction doctors in Chennai, 36 Results
Dr. Sasikumar Muthu
19 years of experience
MBBS, MS - General Surgery, MCh - Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Dr. Sathya Narayanan
8 years of experience
MBBS, MD - Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy
- Director and Chief Dermatologist of Uma Skin Clinic And Cosmetology Centre.
- Former Assistant Professor of Department Of Dermatology, Sree Balaji Medical College Hospital.
- He has been awarded for his diagnostic methods in multiple pregnancies..
Dr. D Dinesh Kumar
16 years of experience
MBBS, MD - Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy, MRCPS
- Owner and Consultant of Dr. Dinesh's Skin & Hair Clinic.
- Honorary Secretary General at Association of Cutaneous Surgeons (India).
- Former President of Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists & Leprologists (IADVL).
Dr. K Sridhar
42 years of experience
MBBS, MCh - Plastic Surgery
- Director & Senior Consultant – Plastic Surgery of Institute of Craniofacial, Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery.
- He has been bestowed with Lifetime Achievement award, 2011.
Dr. M Rajkumar
24 years of experience
MBBS, MS - General Surgery, DNB - Plastic Surgery, MCh - Plastic Surgery, MRCS (UK), Fellowship in Cosmetic Surgery
- Senior assistant professor at the Institute of Hand Micro Surgery & Department of Plastic Surgery.
- Honorable member of All India Association of Plastic Surgeons.
- An active member of the All India Association of Plastic Surgeons.
Dr. Selva Raman
14 years of experience
MBBS, MS - General Surgery, DNB - General Surgery, MCh - Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, DNB - Plastic Surgery
- Honoured with Army Endowment Best Paper Award For The Best Journal In IJPS.
- He was awarded International Travelling Fellowship for the year 2014.
- Member of Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSI).
Frequently Asked Questions
Liposuction in Chennai
In today’s time where people are connected with each other through social media and ‘selfies’, they want to look perfect. Sedentary lifestyle, stress and wrong eating habits have triggered obesity epidemic in India. People are obsessed with the way they look and do not mind spending money to enhance their look and be in shape. And because of this, there is a huge demand of cosmetic surgeries like liposuction, rhinoplasty, tummy tuck, and etc.
Liposuction in India is one of the most growing cosmetic surgery and Chennai is one of the developed cities of India where liposuction surgery is a preferred destination among people. Even Chennai is a city where the medical system is well-developed and which helps Chennai hospitals/clinics to provide the best treatment at an affordable cost. Liposuction cost in India because of the developed system of medicine is so reasonable that any common man can afford this treatment and get their best looks. Liposuction in Bangalore and Hyderabad are also popular around Chennai.
Chennai, a lovely city with magnificent architecture is a thriving commercial center bursting at its seams which offers much more than tourism. A number of people are opting for liposuction surgery in Chennai as there is greater awareness and a desire to attain a pleasant appearance.
Liposuction or lipoplasty is a surgical procedure that removes fat from specific areas of the body with the help of suction technique. It helps to contour the areas such as arms, neck, abdomen, thighs, hips or buttocks.
Liposuction cost in Chennai
Chennai has experienced and skilled doctors who perform different surgeries and procedures. You can avail their services at affordable prices. Even the liposuction cost in Chennai is reasonable and the patients are assured quality service with the latest technology. In its neighboring cities, Liposuction cost in Bangalore and Hyderabad is also economical with high standards of treatments being provided.
The person has to be in good health to undergo liposuction in Chennai. They should not be suffering from diseases such as diabetes, coronary artery disease, weak immune system or restricted blood flow, as these conditions can complicate the surgery. They should have a stable body weight with excess body fat in specific spots.
Liposuction surgery in Chennai
During suction-assisted liposuction which is the standard method, a small cannula is passed through a small incision into the fat deposits. A vacuum device is attached to it. The surgeon moves the cannula through the fat deposit to break up the fat cells and remove them through suction.
Various liposuction procedures
• Tumescent liposuction –A solution is injected that anesthetizes the area, swells up the fat and shrinks the blood vessels.
• Power-assisted liposuction –This procedure uses a cannula with a vibrating tip to break up the fat cells for easy removal.
• Ultrasonic liposuction –Specialized cannula is used which emits ultrasonic sound waves into the deposits of fat to emulsify it for easy removal.
• Laser liposuction –This procedure targets laser lights at the fat deposits to loosen the fat so that it can be removed easily.
Complications of liposuction
• Fluid imbalance –A lot of blood and liquid is removed with the fat and even a large amount of liquid may be injected by the surgeon. This may cause fluid imbalance and can affect the heart, kidneys or lungs.
• Toxicity – Lidocaine when used in large volume can cause a number of side effects and lidocaine toxicity can even stop the heart.
• Embolism –Fat can enter the blood-stream through ruptured blood vessels and travel to the lungs or brain causing problems.
• Puncture of the vital organs – Cannula can damage or puncture the internal organs which may need surgery or may even kill.
• Nerve compression –This may cause numbness or more pain sensitivity in the area of surgery.
The results are visible after several months of the surgery. After recovery, the patient will notice a trim figure, reduced body fat, defined muscle tone and a youthful appearance. The outcome of the surgery is mostly very good and most of the people are satisfied with the results.