Orthopedists in Minto Park & nearby areas in Kolkata, 6 Results
Dr. Malay Kumar Mandal
28 years of experience
MRCS (UK), MS - Orthopaedics, Diploma in Orthopaedics, MBBS
- Got several publication and presentation in national and international level.
- Principal consultant at Malay Mandal orthopedic clinic.
- Member of Indian Orthopaedic Association.
Dr. Russel Haque
10 years of experience
Fellowship in Arthroscopy and Joint replacement of Knee and Shoulder, Fellowship in Shoulder and Elbow Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine- South Korea, Fellowship of Japan Orthopaedic Association in Shoulder and Knee, MS - Orthopaedics, MBBS
- Selected as Fellow of Japan Orthopaedic Association/ Tohoku University Japan in 2017.
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at SVS Marwari Hospital.
- Member of Indian Arthroscopy Society.
Dr. Vikash Kapoor
21 years of experience
Fellowship in Sports Medicine, MS - Orthopaedics, MBBS
- Awarded Johnson & Johnson National Fellowship of Indian Orthopedic Association in 1998.
- Head Of Department Of Orthopaedics at Rabindra Nath Institute Of Cardiac Sciences & Armenian Church Trauma Center.
- Member of Indian Arthroscopy Society National Faculty for Past 10 Years.
Dr. Anindansu Basu
21 years of experience
MS - Orthopaedics, DNB - Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery, Diploma in Orthopaedics, MBBS
- Indian Arthroplasty Association Annual Conference (IAAACON ) at Madurai,Tamilnadu. in 2014.
- Associate Consultant at Fortis Hospital.
- Member of International College of Surgeons (ICS).
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions & Answers on "Orthopedist" (162)
Yes. Of course he can go for knee replacement surgery. For this blood thinner has to be stopped 5 days before and should be replaced with some other medicine and after 5 days surgery can be done very successfully. This surgery is very safe and rewarding.
Data from studies indicate that thigh pain is a significant complication after successful cementless total hip replacement surgery. In most cases, reported symptoms are mild to moderate, resolve spontaneously or do not progress, and require little or no therapeutic intervention.
Regarding what to expect 5 months after knee replacement - If there are no complications then you can work freely as per your wish.
But after knee replacement, some patients do not recover as quickly as others. Consider the following:
- Patients who conducted knee-strengthening activities before surgery have a better chance of recovering faster.
- It may take longer recovery time for those patients who are older, smoke, or have other medical concerns.
Note: Although deviations from the "normal" recovery timeframe is not always expected, but such fluctuations are usually acceptable as long as the patient, doctor, and physical therapist continue to collaborate in the pursuit of a complete recovery.
The movements which cause dislocation after hip replacement are:
a. Bending and leaning forward
b. Sitting on low chairs, low bed, low toilets.
c. Crossing the knees
d. Lifting knee higher than your hip.
Shoulder dislocation requires quick medical attention so that the dislocation can be assessed and joint space is reduced.
Shoulder dislocation causes damage to soft tissues,
Acupuncture helps in reducing the inflammation and pain caused due to dislocation and it plays an important role in promoting soft tissue healing.
Acupuncture anaesthetic points, Local and general body points together help to heal the dislocated shoulder. Electro Acupuncture, Moxibustion, Acupressure and Seed therapy combined with medical aid helps to quicken the total recovery time.