Epilepsy is a brain disorder that results in recurrent seizures. The seizures are caused by a disturbance of electrical activities in the brain. It leads to malfunctioning of the brain cells.
It is one of the most common neurological disorders globally. As per WHO, more than 50 million people worldwide have Epilepsy.
Nearly 80% of them live in underdeveloped and developing countries.
70% of them can receive freedom from seizures if they get adequate treatment.
People with Epilepsy are at three times more risk of premature death.
Hence, it is necessary for people with Epilepsy to get effective treatment in time.
If you are seeking the best Epilepsy treatment in the world, you are at the right place!
We have curated a list of the best Epilepsy hospitals in the world. These hospitals have led thousands of patients to better lives!
So do check them out!
Best Epilepsy Hospitals in Spain
Spain is one of the most popular medical tourism spots for Epilepsy treatment. They have developed the best facilities in the world to treat Epilepsy. Spain also has some of the best Epilepsy doctors in the world, ensuring you a world-class treatment!
- Centro Medico Teknon
- Centro Medico is one of the best epilepsy hospitals in the world.
- Patients prefer Teknon Epilepsy Center due to its high success rates in Epilepsy treatment.
- They have a 90% success rate in Epilepsy surgery, freeing patients from seizures permanently.
- Prof. Antonio Russi, one of the best Epilepsy doctors in the world, leads the facility.
2) Sant Joan de Déu
- Sant Joan de Déu is the best pediatric Epilepsy hospital in the world.
- Alexis Arzimanoglou, one the best Epilepsy doctors in the world, practices at Sant Joan.
- They specialize in the use of antiepileptic treatment drugs for Epilepsy treatment.
- They are among the few centers to receive CSUR accreditation.
Best Epilepsy Hospital in Turkey
Turkey is one of the world's most promising medical tourism destinations. It is so because they provide world-class treatment at affordable prices.
- Medipol is reputed to provide the best Epilepsy treatment in the world.
- They are the global leaders in Epilepsy surgeries with high success rates.
- Medipol aims to provide world-class treatment at affordable prices.
- They have developed one of the world's most advanced Epilepsy diagnosis facilities.
4) Liv Epilepsy Center
- Liv is among the best Epilepsy hospitals in the world due to its high success rate for Epilepsy surgeries.
- They have developed ultra-modern facilities for Epilepsy surgeries.
- 91% of Epilepsy operations are performed successfully at the center, while the national average index is 81%.
- Liv performs over 250 interventions each year.
Best Epilepsy Hospital in the US
The US is the global leader in medicine. You can get the highest quality of treatment in the US. However, the cost of Epilepsy treatment in the US is very high!
5) The John Hopkins Medicine
- John Hopkins is one of the best Epilepsy hospitals in the world.
- They specialize in providing holistic Epilepsy treatment.
- They have one of the world's most advanced Epilepsy diagnostic facilities.
- They are experts in performing Epilepsy surgery with the latest Laser Interstitial Thermal Therapy (LiTT).
6) Mayo Clinic
- Mayo Clinic is recognized as one of the best Epilepsy hospitals in the world.
- Their specialized Epilepsy center is reputed for providing the best Epilepsy treatment in the world.
- They specialize in subthreshold cortical stimulation in patients with Focal Epilepsy.
- They were named "the Best Hospital for Neurology" by the US News and World Report Hospital Rankings.
Best Epilepsy Hospital in the UK
The UK is renowned for providing the best Epilepsy treatment in the world. They have some of the oldest Epilepsy centers in the world. They will ensure you a standard and reliable Epilepsy treatment.
7) University College London Hospitals
- UCLH is recognized among the best epilepsy treatment centers in the world.
- They are reputed for successfully performing several complicated Epilepsy surgeries.
- The leading Epilepsy specialists in the world practice here.
- They are experts in treating pregnant women with Epilepsy.
8) The Walton Centre
- The Walton Centre is one of the largest Epilepsy treatment centers in the world.
- They are one of the world's oldest and largest Epilepsy surgery facilities.
- They have assembled a team of Epilepsy specialists, doctors, and nurses to provide holistic treatment.
- They specialize in using ECG to check the brain's electrical activity for accurate diagnosis.
Best Epilepsy Hospital in India
India is one of the most popular medical tourism destinations in the world. They have the best facilities led by the best Epilepsy doctors in the world. India is renowned for its high-quality treatment at affordable prices.
- Artemis aims to provide the most holistic Epilepsy treatment.
- They have assembled a team of experts to provide the best Epilepsy treatment in the world.
- They have developed modern diagnostic facilities with the latest equipment and neuro-imaging technology.
- Their dedicated Epileptic surgery facility ensures the best results.
10) Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals
- Indraprastha Apollo is the flagship hospital of the Apollo Group and is amongst the best epilepsy hospitals in the world.
- It is one of the world's most advanced Epilepsy treatment centers.
- They have assembled the best Epilepsy doctors in the world.
- They are experts in providing personalized treatments to control seizures in patients.
11) Max Super Specialty Hospital
- Max offers a complete range of treatments for patients with epilepsy and seizure disorders.
- They are one of the most successful Epilepsy treatment centers in India.
- They are renowned for their unique Epilepsy care services.
- They have received the FICCI Healthcare Excellence Awards.
Best Epilepsy Hospitals in the Rest of the World
There are many other world-class hospitals for Epilepsy treatment in countries other than those mentioned above. These hospitals are qualified to provide the best Epilepsy treatment in the world. You can find them below:
12) Helios Krefeld Epilepsy Hospital, Germany
- Helios Krefeld is one of the largest Epilepsy hospitals in the world.
- They have a 95% satisfaction rate for their Epilepsy treatments.
- Helios Krefeld is one of the most advanced Epilepsy Hospitals in the world.
- Prof. Thomas Haarmeier, one of the best Epilepsy doctors in the world, leads the clinic.
13) Sourasky Hospital, Israel
- Sourasky is among the best pediatric Epilepsy hospitals in the world.
- Sourasky is the 1st medical facility outside the US to perform laser ablation surgery for epileptic attack treatment.
- They are among the few providers of EpiLert bracelets (sensor bracelets for epileptic seizure detection).
- Dr. Uri Kramer, one of the best Epilepsy doctors in the world, leads the facility.
14) Bumrungrad International, Thailand
- Bumrungrad is among the best Epilepsy hospitals in the world.
- They treat Epilepsy patients from over 190 countries.
- They aim to provide the best Epilepsy treatment in the world at affordable prices.
- They are experts in SEEG (stereoelectroencephalography), the surgical intervention for seizure detection.
15) Severance Clinic, South Korea
- Severance is one of the best epilepsy hospitals in the world for children.
- They specialize in controlling seizures with ketogenic diet therapy.
- They are experts in performing complicated Epileptic surgeries.
- They have a 70% success rate in such cases, where 60% of the patients get freedom from seizures permanently.
It might only be possible for some to access the hospitals mentioned above.
If so, do not lose hope!
There are several other brilliant Epilepsy hospitals you can find. However, seeing one can take time and effort.
But not for you!
We have discussed some points you should consider while choosing an Epilepsy center.
Please read them carefully.
Criteria for Choosing the Best Epilepsy Hospital
Epilepsy needs a comprehensive approach and advanced treatment. So, while searching for an epilepsy center, pay attention to the following:
- Doctor's experience:
Check an epileptologist's experience regarding epilepsy treatment in children. Please find out how many years specialists practiced in this field, what therapies they apply, and what results they have achieved. To clarify the last issue, you can check patient reviews.
- New developments:
Find out what options are used to treat Epilepsy. Search for innovations in conservative and surgical options to manage epilepsy cases.
- General conditions:
Specialized pediatric epilepsy centers are adapted to children: there is a lot of entertainment, and hospital wards are bright and colorful. Such an environment positively impacts slight patient recovery.
- International accreditation:
Clinics with international certificates guarantee high-quality medical care and absolute patient safety.
- Positive patients feedbacks:
Read reviews of patients treated with the disease in these epilepsy centers to choose the best one.
Hope this article helped you decide the ideal hospital for your epilepsy treatment!
So, what are you thinking?
It is now time to win the challenging battle against epilepsy by receiving the best epilepsy treatment in one of the top epilepsy hospitals listed above!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are stem cells and how are they useful?
What diseases can be treated through stem cells?
Where will the cells be taken or sourced from?
Will stem cell therapy have any after effects?
Will there be medications and diet restrictions following stem cell therapy?
Is stem cell therapy permanent?
What precautions to take post stem cell therapy?
What’s the cost of stem cell therapy in India?